The Episode Community Book Club!

Guys, just a day and a half left to get your review in. PLEASE submit your review for Clue: The Leftover Princess, as we haven’t any reviews yet!

Those who voted…
@JiangShi, @anon54207210

Those who voted on other stories…
@Episode.Cameronwrite

Those who liked the previous posts (and poll too)…
@aprilish, @wanderingechoes, @Maladroit

1 Like

I’m sorry I won’t be able to do it this time. Got a ton of tests tomorrow :tired_face:

1 Like

Wait really? I submitted mine yesterday.

1 Like

Sorry, this was the first I didn’t check and just assumed. Sorry, I’m only on data roaming at the moment.

1 Like

So sorry guys, been really busy this week, we have less than a day to choose an option.

Please only vote for a story IF you are going to review it (or if it is your own work), PLEASE?!

About stories...
Action

Adventurous: Valour, by TheGreenNebula (@thegreennebula.ep)
About: You got released from prison after your reign as a super-villain, what will happen when you’re given a scholarship to a mysterious university that’s swarming with heroes?

Scars, by inxmyxeyes (@xinxmyxeye)
About: The past created who she is right now. Life never goes easy on her. That’s why she became ruthless for anyone she’s ever met.

Somewhere Between Reality and Truth, by Cori (@Episode.Cori)
About: Sienna heads down a new exciting, yet dangerous path. Who can she trust when her life is built on lies?

Adventure

Adventurous: Across Worlds, by Katherine Pierce (@katherinepierce3)
About: Join bold, carefree, and audacious Valentina as she travels across worlds through a twist of fate. Will her tenacity be up to par as she embarks through this foreign planet?

Adventurous: The Prophecy of Time, by AJ Nicole (@AJ_Nicole)
About: Alayzia is forced to the land of Terratopia. She must gain courage and take risks to fulfil the prophecy & mend the heart of time before time runs out. Can she do it?

The Show Must Go On, by Amy June & Natasha
About: After DJ loses his battle with Cancer, he leaves behind a bucket list for his friends to complete. Hoping it will open their eyes to live life to the fullest and no regrets.

Comedy

Horror High, by The Saminator (@The_Saminator)
About: It’s the last day of school, what could go wrong? Everything when zombies are invading.

Drama

College Days: Becoming Me, by Galaxy Girl (@Episode_Queen4)
About: It is your first year of College.You have been bullied your whole life but Is this your chance to make friends and find love?

DD: Rock Your Socks Off, by Isaiah H (@ihicks01)
About: Lies,Love, Lust, Gangs and Death! People may think the dancing industry is simple… But what happens when it can get you killed?You Choose!

In A Flash, by Jam C.
About: Oliver has been given a chance on meeting a beautiful stranger who’s a lot like him. Unluckily, he never got the chance to meet her name. Will they meet again?

Monster In Me, by Cameron Oakley (@Episode.Cameronwrite)
About: After your soulmate arrives at your birthday party, you go on a trip to find her missing brother. Will you find out about their past or turn away because she’s an alien?

Strength, by Csr (@csr)
About: Stephanie had her daughter at 17 and her father kicked her out. 18 years later her daughter Katrin struggles with dramas and with her messed family. Will they find happiness?

The Star Necklace, by Mayah (@Maya6)
About: You are the most rich girl in your country…on the top of this you’re famous…But what happens when The Star Necklace uncovers your true identity?

Fantasy

Black hearts golden desires, by Madhu (@Madhu)
About: Nand a sorcerer princess of solataria has two beautiful loving sisters, her other two halves.But what happens when it becomes the vice versa and an old enemy from their past comes back for revenge? Will nand overcome it? or will she fail??

Lascivious, by Saul (@saulwinter)
About: An act of treason by a friend throws you into a sinful world where you’re forced to live with & marry a lascivious, sexy stranger. Love, lies & betrayal ahead!

Single Species, by aprilmeijune (@EpisodeApril)
About: After a tragic attack in your school leaves you blind, a mysterious nymph queen attempts to revive her species…starting with you.

Subverted, by Epithet (@Epithet)
About: A king and queen welcome their gifted princess into the world under the eyes of rival fae leaders, unleashing a powerful revolutionary. ~5 LIs, LGBT options, choices matter, CC~

Your Silhouette, by Anby.episode (@anby)
About: You’re a Shade - an elite fighter in Firea. But even with a war on horizon, your greatest plight springs from - a kiss.

Mystery

Clue: L.O.S.T, by mdsava.episode (@MdSava)
About: After being brutally killed you are going to experience life after death and reincarnate in a body of a sexy detective to investigate your own murder.

Clue: Red Eyed Cat, by RachelleFaucet (@RachelleFaucet)
About: Parson Gold, a lonely private eye, made it his mission to discover the truth behind the red eyed cat and the string of murders that follows it.

Romance

A cupcake, please!, by Naomi M. & Yasmin D. (@NanaM)
About: What if love begins with a cupcake and ends with it at the same time? Can you still find the love of your life?

Which one do you want to discuss as the twenty-fifth book of our book club?
(You can vote for up to five stories)

• Adventurous: Across Worlds
  • Horror High
  • DD: Rock Your Socks Off
  • Scars
  • Lascivious
  • Black Hearts Golden Desires
  • College Days: Becoming Me
  • Strength
  • Your Silhouette
  • The Star Necklace
  • In a Flash
  • Monster In Me
  • A cupcake, please!
  • Somewhere Between Reality and Truth
  • Adventurous: The Prophecy of Time
  • The Show Must Go On
  • Adventurous: Valour
  • Clue: Red Eyed Cat
  • Clue: L.O.S.T

0 voters

Note: I’ll be voting too. I vote based on the stories’ blurb and whether it interests me! (wink)

If you can review then please help to do so, as I may struggle to this week...

@fcukforcookies, @RainbowCat, @The_Saminator, @24aya, @lanafrazer_episode, @LillyR, @amberose, @JannahJackson, @Mashia, @Dr.Smile07, @OueIman, @ELx, @EmpressVanessa, @leia.valentine, @loveyourself, @xRubiesAndThrillsx, @Annieways, @LyraKeiken, @TheBigMystery, @AddieAhogey, @Ella, @talesbyrose, @Tellyg47, @aprilish, @JemU776, @Episode.BriarRose, @LunaWinter, @CinnamonToast, @hanna_epi, @Maladroit, @JiangShi, @anon54207210, @Episode.Cameronwrite

2 Likes

Our twenty-fourth story for our Community Book Club was reviewed by four people, and all the scores will be an average. The book was…

Clue: The Leftover Princess , by Shania Raynr (@Shania_Rayne)
It’s a mystery and here’s the link .
About: Hundred years ago a Native American tribe vanished without a trace. When a mysterious girl is found in the woods, will she be the answer, or just lead to more questions? CC, LGBT, minigames Male/Female LI

This story was recommended by @Shania_Rayne!

First Impression (Cover/title/summary)

Rating: 3.08
Both the covers look amazing! The only improvement one reader could recommend is the background behind the title. Halfway through “Leftover” and the entirety of “Princess” can barely be seen because of the colours used. The summary definitely draws me in to read the story. It kinda gives them time travelling vibes. … The description is intriguing. … Another reader doesn’t think they would start reading the story just after “the first look”. They just don’t feel mystery vibes. The covers and the title look more for a romance story. … The covers are not too bad but the word “princess” in the title usually puts this reader off. As for the summary, it’d be better with the grammar corrected.

The story (Content and Flow)

Rating: 3.55

One Eager-beaver reader:

I think the content in the story and the flow of the plot went pretty well. It was understandably slow since the investigation of the MC’s existence only just started, but I was expecting to learn a little more about the MC. I know in Episode 2 we get a little flashback about the day a strange occurrence happened to the MC, but I’d recommend adding one or two more short flashbacks relating to the MC’s past life in the upcoming episodes, maybe her friends or family. Also, maybe during the interview in the hospital, she could be asked what year it is and where she thinks she is. I also wasn’t expecting the Mayor to personally take in the MC and become her caretaker instead of assigning her to a foster family. I found it odd, as I’ve never heard or seen a high valued person fostering someone that’s currently being investigated. Especially since the LI’s dad had agreed to let the MC stay in their house. I enjoyed the comedic element in each story, especially the bonus scenes. The comedy used makes the story light-hearted and less of a serious situation (although it is a serious situation). This entire time after reading the summary, I was thinking that maybe the MC is over 100 years old, therefore, she probably needed some time getting used to the modern world since in Episode 2 it appears she somehow got knocked unconscious then woke up in a cave or next to a lake, and the summary does say “100 years ago a tribe had disappeared”. So maybe since she comes from a different timeline, I would’ve thought that her demeanour could be mostly based around curiosity, especially when she was handed a smartphone as (maybe) she hasn’t seen one before. I wasn’t expecting a “thank you”, but more of a “what’s this thing?” type of reaction. Also, try filling up what happened to the MC between the time she was released from the hospital and when she had her first day in school. That’s 48 hours missing, I’d like to know what she was doing or thinking (was she getting used to her surroundings? How does she feel about what happened?). I’m personally confused about the timeline thing, maybe I interpreted the summary wrong, but I’d like some clarity in the upcoming episodes.

The pacing was perfect, the scenes had a good length without getting boring, the dialogue was great, and this reader liked the way the chapters ended. … Another reader wasn’t sure about the plot. Of course, it can be really interesting, but in the first episode, they did’n’t enough information about these Indians. Then a mystery girl shows up and everyone wants to give her a house to live and she starts school. They just think it is weird, and so far, you haven’t put much mystery in it. … Whereas another reader thought the information was all there, but was unable to connect to the characters. The lines of dialogue felt a little like a manual, as in number 1 then number 2. A little more filler would help with this.

Characters

Rating: 3.85
The characters are pretty unique. Some of them in a slightly deeper level and had unique personalities, nationalities, and features. This reader recommends doing an interaction between the MC and side characters, where they can get to know each other more, not just a brief summary of their personality done by narration. … Another reader mentions that after the school trip, they didn’t know what to think about all the characters. None of the characters looked special or unique. The second episode was focused on the MC yet they weren’t any feelings for her. She didn’t seem surprised about the new world she woke up in. The three episode, nothing new was learnt about the characters. They are just typical characters from school, nothing unique. … Another reader thought they were a little under-developed, but the diversity was excellent. Though some of the things the characters would say, didn’t match up. For example, it’d be really unprofessional for a guide to say “What the Capital F?”!

Visually (The directing)

Rating: 3.8
Love the splashes! … There were a couple of incidents where the MC was talking but no talking animations were used, and when the MC was thinking but instead of a thought bubble, a speech bubble would pop up. The tappable overlays are great! … Though the spot positioning could use some work. When a character is in the background, they need to be smaller, not the same size. To make it look natural, you should keep their eyes along the same line. Also, some bubbles are not spotted during the conversations in woods, and Martin wasn’t sitting on the chair in the police station. … Another reader didn’t understand the mini game.

Language (Grammar)

Rating: 4.28
They noticed a few grammar errors, but overall is was pretty good. Though some of the dialogue seemed a bit boring. … Why use “smurftastic” in the type of story? The colloquialism doesn’t make sense here. You need to watch out for your comma use and use of spaces. Getting a proofreader would help.

Choices

Rating: 3.13
There’s not a lot of choices in the story, but the choices that are in the story provide important information. There is an enjoyable mini-game in the first chapter. A recommendation to not adding a sudden flash of light during the tappable choice in Episode 3, as it may irritate some readers. … As long as it is a clue story, there should be more mini-games to play, but so far, there weren’t many of them, the choices didn’t seem to have much affect on the story.

2-3 was the average number of episodes read by the four reviewers.

The story’s great, with a unique storyline. There could be some improvements with choices, personalities, and the spot directing, but not too bad. … There wasn’t much of a mystery, but it was a pretty good idea.

Final Book Club score is … 3.62

Start a discussion below of this book if you want to! (wink)

Now for next week’s book, get voting because we only have 7 hours left.

2 Likes

This week’s book is…

Clue: L.O.S.T , by mdsava.episode (@MdSava)
It’s a mystery and here’s the link.
About: After being brutally killed you are going to experience life after death and reincarnate in a body of a sexy detective to investigate your own murder.

Find the review form at the top of the page, and ANYONE can review the story.

Those who voted…
@Random.Tomboy, @LillyR, @Shania_Rayne, @Maladroit

@fcukforcookies, @anon54207210, @JemU776, @Episode.Cameronwrite, @xinxmyxeye, @24aya, @RMV

MORE recommendations would be appreciated! (WINK) As one to two stories have reached the two-month limit this week.

6 Likes

Hi guys,
Thanks for everyone, who read and reviewed the story. I did feel like I’ve got some constructive advice from it, especially that one eager beaver’s suggestions were great. I also feel there were some misunderstood things. This story started out as a comedy to be honest, and although tried to tone it down, I do feel like it will end up being a comedy. I really do agree, that I could show, what MC was doing during the weekend. Maybe that would explain, why she wasn’t more shocked. The mayor took her in, well, cause it’s a small town, she lives alone, and I kind of created her after Leslie Knope from Parks and Rec, so I felt like she’s that kind of an eager to help person.
Cover: Yes, I agree with the title not being properly visible, on the computer it showed great, however on the app not really. I was waiting for the contest to finish before updating.
Description: please point out, where’s the grammatical error in it.
Minigames: they are few, but they did take some time to create, and this is my first story, making both covers, overlays, and some backgrounds were pretty time consuming.
Spotting: please give me examples, where you saw character spotting and background char size being off.
Taomi did ask, where she was, although she didn’t ask, when. I feel like my characters have pretty developed personalities, and you can get to know them a bit through them conversing with other characters. It would be weird in my opinion, if MC would walk around, trying to meet as many people as possible. (But that’s just me :slight_smile: ). So just please, where you saw something off, give me examples. MC will have a nervous breakdown in Ch05, I guess you could say, she was still in shock, cause everything is new to her. She did have questions, which she expressed, once she was alone.
And lastly the tour guide did not say, but thought the capital “F” thing. Thanks again for taking the time.

2 Likes

Aw, I wanna recommend my story but I’m scared that people will hate it since it’s my first ever episode story and I’ll get discouraged :sweat_smile::laughing: :cat_typing:

1 Like
Summary:

Yours:
Hundred years ago a Native American tribe vanished without a trace. When a mysterious girl is found in the woods, will she be the answer, or just lead to more questions? CC, LGBT, minigames Male/Female LI

Revised:
A hundred years ago, a Native American tribe vanished without a trace. When a mysterious girl is found in the woods, will it lead to answers or just more questions?
CC, LGBT, minigames Male/Female LI

As for spotting, there were a few mentions to it in the reviews, but for me, I thought most of the spotting could use some adjusting. Whether the characters looked too big for the background or just for each other when they were supposed to be standing back. This thread is really helpful for spots and other tricks. (wink)

Aww, don’t feel discouraged, this is all constructive here. Though maybe try suggesting some amazing stories you’ve read first that deserve more reads, as well as start to review each week’s story. That way you help others, see what the club is like, and get your name out there. People are more like read your stories and help you if you help them. (wink)

3 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Hey, i would really like to review but I can’t since I’m studying for an exam,I won’t vote for my story either so it’s fair :slight_smile: sorry

1 Like

Please make sure to get your review in for this week’s book, “Clue: L.O.S.T” , to share your thoughts, as we haven’t had any reviews yet! (wink)

Please only vote for a story IF you are going to review it (or if it is your own work), PLEASE?!

About stories...
Action

Adventurous: Valour, by TheGreenNebula (@thegreennebula.ep)
About: You got released from prison after your reign as a super-villain, what will happen when you’re given a scholarship to a mysterious university that’s swarming with heroes?

Scars, by inxmyxeyes (@xinxmyxeye)
About: The past created who she is right now. Life never goes easy on her. That’s why she became ruthless for anyone she’s ever met.

Somewhere Between Reality and Truth, by Cori (@Episode.Cori)
About: Sienna heads down a new exciting, yet dangerous path. Who can she trust when her life is built on lies?

Adventure

Adventurous: The Prophecy of Time, by AJ Nicole (@AJ_Nicole)
About: Alayzia is forced to the land of Terratopia. She must gain courage and take risks to fulfil the prophecy & mend the heart of time before time runs out. Can she do it?

The Show Must Go On, by Amy June & Natasha
About: After DJ loses his battle with Cancer, he leaves behind a bucket list for his friends to complete. Hoping it will open their eyes to live life to the fullest and no regrets.

Drama

College Days: Becoming Me, by Galaxy Girl (@Episode_Queen4)
About: It is your first year of College.You have been bullied your whole life but Is this your chance to make friends and find love?

In A Flash, by Jam C.
About: Oliver has been given a chance on meeting a beautiful stranger who’s a lot like him. Unluckily, he never got the chance to meet her name. Will they meet again?

Monster In Me, by Cameron Oakley (@Episode.Cameronwrite)
About: After your soulmate arrives at your birthday party, you go on a trip to find her missing brother. Will you find out about their past or turn away because she’s an alien?

Strength, by Csr (@csr)
About: Stephanie had her daughter at 17 and her father kicked her out. 18 years later her daughter Katrin struggles with dramas and with her messed family. Will they find happiness?

The Star Necklace, by Mayah (@Maya6)
About: You are the most rich girl in your country…on the top of this you’re famous…But what happens when The Star Necklace uncovers your true identity?

Fantasy

Black hearts golden desires, by Madhu (@Madhu)
About: Nand a sorcerer princess of solataria has two beautiful loving sisters, her other two halves.But what happens when it becomes the vice versa and an old enemy from their past comes back for revenge? Will nand overcome it? or will she fail??

Lascivious, by Saul (@saulwinter)
About: An act of treason by a friend throws you into a sinful world where you’re forced to live with & marry a lascivious, sexy stranger. Love, lies & betrayal ahead!

Your Silhouette, by Anby.episode (@anby)
About: You’re a Shade - an elite fighter in Firea. But even with a war on horizon, your greatest plight springs from - a kiss.

Mystery

Clue: Red Eyed Cat, by RachelleFaucet (@RachelleFaucet)
About: Parson Gold, a lonely private eye, made it his mission to discover the truth behind the red eyed cat and the string of murders that follows it.

Romance

A cupcake, please!, by Naomi M. & Yasmin D. (@NanaM)
About: What if love begins with a cupcake and ends with it at the same time? Can you still find the love of your life?

Which one do you want to discuss as the twenty-sixth book of our book club?
(You can vote for up to five stories)

• DD: Rock Your Socks Off
  • Scars
  • Lascivious
  • Black Hearts Golden Desires
  • College Days: Becoming Me
  • Strength
  • Your Silhouette
  • The Star Necklace
  • In a Flash
  • Monster In Me
  • A cupcake, please!
  • Somewhere Between Reality and Truth
  • Adventurous: The Prophecy of Time
  • The Show Must Go On
  • Adventurous: Valour
  • Clue: Red Eyed Cat

0 voters

Note: I’ll be voting too. I vote based on the stories’ blurb and whether it interests me! (wink)

1 Like

Guys, just three days left to get your review in. PLEASE submit your review for Clue: L.O.S.T, as we have only had one review!

Those who voted…
@Random.Tomboy, @LillyR, @Shania_Rayne

@fcukforcookies, @anon54207210, @JemU776, @Episode.Cameronwrite, @xinxmyxeye, @24aya, @RMV

@LyraKeiken, @CStation

1 Like

Guys, just a day and a half left to get your review in. PLEASE submit your review for Clue: L.O.S.T, as we have only had two reviews!

Those who voted…
@Random.Tomboy, @LillyR

@LyraKeiken, @CStation

1 Like

Our twenty-fifth story for our Community Book Club was reviewed by three people, and all the scores will be an average. The book was…

Clue: L.O.S.T , by mdsava.episode (@MdSava)
It’s a mystery and here’s the link.

This story was recommended by @Maladroit!

First Impression (Cover/title/summary)

Rating: 4.9
Both the covers look great. The font style used adds a thriller/mystery element. The summary is intriguing, being recently killed, reincarnated, and then solving your own murder is definitely a unique idea, so they’d read the story based on the description. … Except for the need of a couple of commas in the summary.

The story (Content and Flow)

Rating: 4.73
The content and flow of the story are perfect, the plot is easy to follow and understand. this reader also liked how characters are slowly introduced throughout the story, as well as the clues and information, as there isn’t an overwhelming amount of information to deal with. They liked how the first and second episodes ended, they both left off on a cliffhanger. … The plot is intriguing, the story is well-thought out and well-written. Visually it was amazing, it kind of felt like a hidden object adventure. … This story kept the reader intrigued and was incredibly interactive. The only criticism was the inconsistency of each chapter length. It’s okay to be slightly shorter, but they all should be the same length and the CCs should not be included in the line count.

Characters

Rating: 4.03
The characters were only just introduced so this reader wasn’t expecting a detailed description of the characters. However, each character embodies their personality whenever they’re conversing with other characters, which is the perfect way to portray their personalities. … Though there wasn’t much information about the characters in the first three chapters. … Another reader really liked being about to ask questions to get to know more information.

Visually (The directing)

Rating: 5
The BEST visuals this reader has ever seen. … Just what you would expect from a coding expert. … One reader particularly loved the scene when you regained a small amount of memory and the eye scene appeared as I’ve never seen that happen before, definitely a unique piece of directing.

Language (Grammar)

Rating: 4.57
There were some grammar errors when the incorrect word was used. One example would be when Detective Mills asked the Nurse “Does his family decided anything?”. They’d recommend changing that to “Has his family decided anything?” … Mainly just the need for more commas, but they were a few grammatical errors where words needed to be changed, added, or removed.

Choices

Rating: 5
Pretty darn good. … The choices in episode two and the mini-games in both episode one and three have useful information. They like how some choices have an impact on whether or not I gain a memory/clue. They didn’t find any flaws with the choices in the story. … Another reader thought there weren’t that many choices, but considering the story, it didn’t bother them.

Pretty darn good.

2-3 was the average number of episodes read by the four reviewers.

The reader really enjoyed reading the story and can’t wait for more episodes. This story has a unique storyline. The overall directing of the story is amazing. However, there were some grammar errors that need to be fixed. … Deserves to win the contest. Even though chapters are on the shorter end of the spectrum, everything was done to the highest standard. If this story doesn’t win overall then the Episode team has problems.

Final Book Club score is … 4.71

Now for next week’s book, get voting because we only have a day left.

1 Like

I’m so thrilled! Thank you! And thanks for pointing out the errors, I’m going to fix that. :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Just be careful not publish those changes until after the contest is over. We want you to be s winner. (Wink)

1 Like

It was the most excuisitely directed story, I’ve ever seen. I can’t even imagine, how much work went into this. The way it resembles a hidden object game in some places, the way the spirit entered the body, the eye opening… It was fantastic. Only thing, when I’m supposed to fight the attacker on the wall, the hit button didn’t work for me, even though I tapped all over the place, but that’s just the thing with tappable overlays, sometimes they’re glitchy.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m so glad you like it :heart: It really was a hard work.

Fight mini game is already fixed, I will publish the changes after the contest.

2 Likes