The Episode Community Book Club!

Hey guys, remember to fill in the review form for “Search for Love”, to share your thoughts.
ANYONE CAN and we only have three reviews so far!
Only three more days to get them in, so please get reading and writing! :wink: The form is at the top!

Also, sometime tonight I will probably be posting the poll to decide next week’s book, so if you wanna add any more recommendations for next week, get them in. :smile:

Sorry, just tagging people who voted in last week’s poll. :wink:
@sofia.sigma, @lanafrazer_episode, @Rileyjohannes, @fcukforcookies, @keiji, @amberose, @mysterypuppy03, @JemU776, @GSG.episode, @Mashia, @granolias, @LillyR, @24aya, @gabyg, @The_Saminator, @RainbowCat

7 Likes

I recommended mine, because I have no shame :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

HAHAHA! It’s okay, you’ll be the third person to do that! :wink:

3 Likes

Done! :wink:

3 Likes

Cheers, lovely! :wink:

2 Likes

Also, please make sure to get your review in for our first week’s book, “Search for Love”, to share your thoughts, so we can start discussing it. :wink:

About stories...
Action

Pyrrhic, by Christina Dawn (@christinadawnstories)
About: Your nation is counting on you, but is anyone who they say they are? Choices matter.

Adventure

Telvoikai, by Corvaena (@Vaena)
About: Tasked with collecting data on an alien planet, you must choose between exploring jungle tropics or navigating deep into a bioluminescent sea. (CC, LGBT, Illustrations, tappables)

Wild West, by Moon W (@MoonW13)
About: When something befalls the hero of your sleepy mining town of Acheron, it is up to you to take your place as the new hero. Take a quiz and find out which hero you are and save the day!

Comedy

Oblivious, by The_Saminator (@The_Saminator)
About: When socially awkward Leanna catches the eye of equally awkward Kai things can’t get more awkward, can they?

One of the Girls, by Amberose (@amberose)
About: Nobody could have prepared Jesse for his first year of college. Why? Because the college administrations board has officially enrolled him as a female.

Who We Are, by Jay M Santiago (@Jayyy)
About: Penny just arrived at her dream college. Will she be able to handle classes, friendship and most importantly, love? Fasten your seatbelt and get ready for the crazy ride.

The Pregnancy Curse, by Dr Smile (@Dr.Smile07)
About: Being the bad boy always seems like fun and games, but for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Too bad Tristan Stuart realized this way too late. [Male MC]

Drama

The Wrong Number, by Layton Beckett (@LaytonBeckett)
About: When you receive a text from an unknown number pleading for help. Will you put your heart on the line to save a stranger? (CC)

Drama/Romance

Dreams and Nightmares, by Dreamer (@RainbowCat)
About: Scarlet had a rough past and it looks like it’s not getting better after she was bought by some mysterious guy. Will she ever turn her life from a nightmare to a dream?

Fantasy

Welcome to the Amazon Forest, by XxAlphaBetaxX (@XxAlphaBetaxX)
About: Khalil’s life revolved around nothing but botany. That is until a search for a mystical flower transports him to a forest full of 6’+ women in the middle of a crisis. [3 endings]

Solis: Regnum Fortes, by TheBigMystery (@TheBigMystery)
About: The Empire of Solis needs some saving! The emotionally unstable Queen of Sarcasm, Exin, and her naive, childish twin brother, Echo, team up with a bunch of lunatics! We’re doomed.

Villainous Heroes, by Lyra Keiken (@LyraKeiken)
About: Superheroes are real. Your best friend is missing. Your ex is sleeping with your friend. And to top it all off? You have a week to pay $1000 or you’re evicted.

Pine Hollow: Hex of the Three, by Elzbiet Zaleski (@fcukforcookies)
About: As Katarina and her family move to the town of Pine Hollow, they find themselves intertwined in a world of supernatural forces; what secrets will rise to the surface?

Horror

Hit and Run, by Elise C (@EliseC )
About: After a hit and run, the girl you left for dead unexplainably survives and wants revenge. Will you survive? Choices Matter and CC (5 endings)

Romance

Aching for the bad girl, by Olivia Carlson (@Olivia2003)
About: When a flirtatious jerk moves to Evelyn’s hometown, a new era of double trouble begins. Will Evelyn be able to resist his charm?

And in time…, by Atreus (@Atreus)
About: With a haunting past and a stale present, will she be able to bring you out of the dark you have to succumb to? Or will history repeat itself?

Anticipation, Participation, by JasmineLilac (@JasmineLilac)
About: She’s vain, she’s vile, she’s vexing his friends. Can a creative non-fiction final writing assignment get her off her high horse and expose her vulnerable side to him? (CC)

Thriller

Casilla Brothers: Larceny, by Gabi G (@gabyg)
About: The Casilla Brothers are experts at pulling off heists, but when Elias encounters Sindel during a mission, everything changes. Will she discover he was the one under the mask? *CC

Which one do you want to discuss as the second book of our book club?
(You can vote for up to five since there are so many.)

• Dreams and Nightmares
  • Oblivious
  • Casilla Brothers: Larceny
  • One of the Girls
  • Aching for the bad girl
  • And in time…
  • Welcome to the Amazon Forest
  • Solis: Regnum Fortes
  • Hit and Run
  • Villainous Heroes
  • Who We Are
  • Pine Hollow: Hex of the Three
  • Anticipation, Participation
  • The Pregnancy Curse
  • Telvoikai
  • Wild West
  • Pyrrhic
  • The Wrong Number

0 voters

7 Likes

Uhh I don’t know if this is off topic, but this is an awesome idea. I don’t know who filled out a form for my story or how, but you’re awesome for even thinking about it. These other stories sound so well written so someone has to be doing something beyond right <3.

3 Likes

Thank you to whoever recommended my story :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

U mean second, nuh?

3 Likes

:wink:
When/if your story is chosen, then you will find out who nominated you.

:wink: Well, your story MUST be good if this person thinks so.

Thank you, lovely! :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks to whoever nominated my story! (Is this done by nomination?)
Also, I had no idea that there was a book club. Where do I sign up?

There are some great stories in that poll. I’ve read a few of them :eyes:

3 Likes

Hahaha. Yes, nominations are up the top.
Anyone can review the week’s book at any time. Information is up the top. :wink:

2 Likes

For someone on a forum for a reading app, I did a great job of reading.

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting for Monday just to see summary from Caliope. I am upset and shattered :cookie:

Also that thing on the right says that I posted more than 23% of comments here, so I’m awesome.

3 Likes

Oh, fuck! I’m soooooo sorry. I’ve been terribly sick and preoccupied with doing another task for forum friend. Sorry. Whoops. :flushed::flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

haha, just kidding :slight_smile: Get well tho. :rose:

2 Likes

HAHA, will get onto it in the next hour. :wink: Aww, thanks. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Our first story for our Community Book Club was reviewed five people, and all the scores will be an average. The first book was…

This story was recommended by @sofia.sigma!

First Impression (Cover/title/summary)

Rating: 3.27
When one person first saw the cover they thought “Cool. This could be an assassin story”. But after seeing the second cover of the guy smoking and reading the summary, they started to think this would be quite cliché. Searching for the title, however, they realised how predictable it could be with how many similarly titled books there were. Though, majority liked/loved the cover! Another got the impression that this would be about a strong female lead taking down a “bad guy”. The description makes them think the bad guy on the cover is the toxic situation the main character is leaving. Or maybe he’s some rogue detective who helps her take down bad guys in conventional ways?

The story (Content and Flow)

Rating: 3.16
Though this story shows a plot from the beginning, it is very fast-paced. Many weren’t too fond of the flow. A lot of predictable drama, when exposition gives you all the clues about future events. The content itself isn’t really justified, nor believable, which makes it hard to relate to the characters. Most liked the plot, but suggested slowing it down and adding a little more detail to help it flow better.

Characters

Rating: 2.8
To start off with, a couple of people mention that there’s an extreme lack of diversity and didn’t see a lot of different skin tones used. One said that Nicole and Noah are immediately likeable. However, they needed individual development. Nicole is sweet and dedicated to her job, and Noah is awkward, but they need more individual development. Going off this, the background characters were a nice touch. At times though, your characters didn’t quite sound as they should. Like the police were a little abrupt. Also, when the explosion happened, why were the police scared? Again, the lead wasn’t relatable, like after she continually rejected her “friend” in such a cold way. Also, “Oooh, Mrs Dilaurentis was her mum.” That wasn’t apparent in her first scene. You might wanna make that more obvious, she doesn’t look like a mum. Also, if she works as a police officer, why does she speak like she’s a child.
Overall, the characters were unrelatable because they weren’t reacting to situations the way any rational person would. I was hoping there was room to grow, but for the main character especially, it felt like she was taking steps backwards instead of developing into a stronger person. The MC doesn’t have a well-worked-through personality. While being a bad-ass cop, who helps when seeing some kind of injustice, while being a grown-up woman, who can support herself financially, still lives with her parents (which can be understandable), and is feeling forced to participate in arranged marriage without really resisting (I don’t consider crying and whining a resistance). Parents are as cliche as it is possible - soft mom, who tries to comfort daughter and reason with husband, and stuck-up father, who “knows best” and doesn’t care about what his daughter thinks, plus with unjustified motivation for arranged marriage. They just seem so unrealistic.

Visually (The directing)

Rating: 3.72
The directing was very impressive, I cannot lie. The intro scene is really well-made, although you might want to change the colouring of your splashes, as they’re hard to read. Some scenes like the siren in the station were cleverly done, but others weren’t so good, like the close-ups with cropped faces. Spot Directing and layering are used extremely well, though it was sometimes a little messy, look at speech bubble positions, some characters appear late in scenes from time to time. Plus, looped animation, not turned off when needed. Also, the music doesn’t need to be all the way through. Music is used to add drama and tension, not just as background.

Language (Grammar)

Rating: 2.83
There are a lot of errors in this story that affect the understandability of the story. I recommend getting someone to proofread it for you. Some sentences were built wrong, spelling, and punctuation problems that were all distracting. Also, exclamation marks (!) were overused.

Choices

Rating: 2.88
The choices seemed to be liked, but there weren’t really any that had much of an impact on the story. People are a fan of when a choice gets rejected and that happened a lot. They suggest having some with three to four options, so the readers feel like they’re contributing.

5-6 was the average number of episodes read by the five reviewers.

Overall, it was good. Not something they’d usually read, but was quite enjoyable. The plot idea is not bad, but it contains certain cliches. With the right execution and a bit of work, it could be a very good story.

Final Book Club score is … 3.11

Start a discussion below of this book if you want to! :wink:

Now for next week’s book, get voting because we only have a few hours left.

7 Likes

Hey:) Thank you for these advices, I’ll try to improve myself😊

2 Likes

This week’s poll ended in a tie between Hit and Run and Villainous Heroes, so these are the stories this week’s and next’s reviews and discussions. To choose the order, I decided to see which was submitted into recommendations first.

This week’s book is…

Hit and Run, by Elise C (@EliseC )
It’s a horror and the link is up the top of the thread.
About: After a hit and run, the girl you left for dead unexplainably survives and wants revenge. Will you survive? Choices Matter and CC (5 endings)

Find the review form at the top of the page, and ANYONE can review the story.

Those who voted:

@keiji, @Mashia, @fcukforcookies, @sofia.sigma, @GSG.episode, @amberose, @granolias, @Skyye, @ELx

9 Likes