The Episode Community Roundtable (Current Events Happening)

Immigrants have been proven to be beneficial to our economy. Without them, the workforce will decrease… Immigrants are also beneficial to the country overall, even illegal ones.

2 Likes

You seem to have “mixed feelings” about these subjects often. Are you neutral?

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that. I’m very republican. Most of my views are right-wing.

This is my most current compass, a tad more left than I remembered.

Wanna take it? https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

2 Likes

Yup my stories and future stories are gonna be along these lines

2 Likes

What’s the moral gonna be? Is it like a fable or more like something else? Will there actually be multiple morals?

Wouldn’t it be cool to have something like Grimm’s Brothers tales? Hmm…>.>

An Episode story of fables and fairytales. LOL

1 Like

Really? That’s cool. Episode could use this.

Sure, I’m very neutral, though.

1 Like

Just took it. This is what I got:

1 Like

We’re both economically close towards the middle, though on opposite sides. I see. ^^ Interesting

1 Like

What does this mean though? I didn’t understand some of the questions. (Told you, I’m neutral!)

1 Like

Which questions didn’t you understand? I could help you ^^

1 Like

The multinational companies, and a few of the economic ones.

1 Like

That specific question was asking about restricting businesses to prevent monopolies.

A genuine free market requires restrictions on the ability of multinationals to create monopolies - if you have a monopoly, you don’t necessarily have a “free market” because a monopoly is the only business in competition. So I agree with this personally because companies need competition so the people have a choice of what they want to use for whatever product or service they want.

However, I don’t strongly agree because if you’re the best at something, you’re the best…everyone will want you anyway. If a business is going to be the best, let them be the best.

I wouldn’t disagree at all because monopolies would end our choice of which products and services to get.

1 Like

What are monopolies again?

1 Like

A monopoly is the one and only business that is involved in a particular product or service.

1 Like

Oh, thanks.

1 Like

Oh. There’s something else that happened that I remembered. It was a small bit of research. I saw a headline that read something along the lines of “Rapists can press charges against victims for having an abortion.”

Very misleading headline. So I looked into it, and the law is that husbands can prevent their wives from having an abortion, even in the case of spousal rape.

I like this law, because it gives men the ability to stop their child from dying. I think that’s fair. It shouldn’t only be up to a woman in a union to do this.

Now, it is different if they aren’t married.

Also, even in the case of spousal rape, first of all, even if a husband rapes his wife, that’s disgusting and he should be reported for it. I’m not okay with that, but even though he did something horrible to his wife, that is still his child.

There’s also if he’s found guilty. If he is found guilty, he should have no say. Criminal…smh. If he isn’t found guilty, the wife lied, he should leave her ass and take the baby with him.

It infuriates me when people are accused of something as horrible as rape and they didn’t even do it. Infuriates me. #METOO hurts women, it doesn’t help them. sigh…

2 Likes

Hmm… Well, I don’t really have an opinion on abortion. If you support it, you’re supporting killing babies and a woman’s choice. However, if you don’t, you’re supporting unintentional pregnancies (especially if the woman was raped), and sometimes teen pregnancy. I feel this has much more to do with choices than genders. And what does this have to do with the #metoo movement?

1 Like

The law itself has nothing to do with the movement. I was just laying out all my thoughts in order by relevance.

1 Like

Ah. Well, I understand.

1 Like