The Find A Story Thread 🕵️‍♀️

Hello :wave:

So I have seen multiple threads on the community where community members ask for help in finding an Episode story. In most cases, it’s a story that a reader started reading, then they either completed it or stopped reading it after a while, and now they need help in locating the story again on the app because they may not remember the author’s name or the title of the story.

So I thought that instead of creating a seperate thread each time someone needs help in finding a specific story, why not create a thread dedicated to that purpose :snowflake:

And I’m not sure if this thread counts as a duplicate or not in any way, so it may get closed :thinking:

8 Likes

And yeah, I’m also trying to find a story.

So I remember reading this story once on Episode, I think I read the whole thing but it’s been a while now so I can’t really remember.
So anyway, I can’t remember the name of the story, or the actual plot of it, but I do remember that it was written in ink.

And it was about this guy who was in a coma (I think it was :thinking:), and his spirit or something meets and starts communicating with this girl. They kind of become friends. But when the guy wakes up from his coma, he initially can’t remember ever meeting the girl while he was in his spirit form. And I think the guy had a girlfriend as well the whole time.

And yeah, that’s all I actually remember (it’s been a while now :sweat_smile:).

I wonder if anyone has ever heard of this or read it, if you have please let me know :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I was actually going to make a thread for this one story, but might as well use this one.

I know this story was taken down (idk for what reason), I just want some explanation as to why, or at least some evidence that this story was real and not a very vivid hallucination. I want to look upon the story that forever claimed an invisible spot in my recs list, you glorious bastard.

Long story short: Adventurous, Limelight, about a VR game tournament

It was an Adventurous entry. I found it because someone had recommended it on the featured section of the social feed, but I can’t remember who.

At the beginning, you get to customise yourself, your in-game avatar, your LI, and your LI’s in-game avatar. For the irl faces, some of the nose options were limited because “you’re meant to be a little ugly in real life.” Your MC has a scar on her cheek. You’re poor, and you live with several roommates. I think it’s implied that you make more money than any of them from your illegal virtual trading.

It had a futuristic setting, where everyone was into this VR game. Your character makes money to pay rent by stealing in-game items and selling them for real cash. When you log in to play, your account has been corrupted or something, so you appear as a shadow. Feeling confident, you sneak onto a live-stream and steal this dark orb from a player. It causes a media sensation, as people see the shadow of your avatar sneak in.

An organiser of this game tournament (I think?) was able to find your location, and comes to your house. You agree to participate in this big tournament, I think because the tournament is in danger of being sabotaged, and you have to save it.

You’re taken to LA, where the tournament will be held. You see a homeless little girl, and you give her your coat. You’re almost arrested for “contributing to overpopulation,” but the organisers of the tournament manage to get you out of it.

I don’t remember many specifics of the tournament, something about teams competing to get through a dungeon and find the loot…? I think episode 3 ended just before the tournament was going to begin.

3 Likes

Oh, well that doesn’t sound like it’s breaking any guidlines, so I’m not sure why it was taken down :woman_shrugging:

Ok, so the author’s trying teach readers to accept their flaws through limited character customisation, that’s kind of strange and but nice :sweat_smile:

That’s how I feel about some Episode stories that I have read a really long time ago. I remember snippets of the story and of the plot and characters, but at times, if I have read the story ages ago, I start to wonder if I actually read it, or if it was some kind of Epiosde dream :joy:

Sorry again that I couldn’t give you a reason to why the story was taken down. I honestly haven’t even heard about it till now. Maybe it broke the guidelines in some way… :thinking:

1 Like

Two-person party in this thread lmao.

Bump~

1 Like

Was this one for the college days contest? School Spirit I think it was called :thinking: I think it sounds similar

1 Like

I searched it up on Episode and no, I don’t that was it. Hmm :thinking: (Maybe I just hallucinated the whole thing :sweat_smile:)

But I tried out the story you just mentioned and now I have a brand new story to read, so thank you for that :upside_down_face::blue_heart:

1 Like

Hahaha, well I’m glad there’s that little bonus :laughing:

1 Like

I’m sorry, I’m not of any help, but I’m going to comment on this since the story sounds interesting and I want to remind myself to check this thread in case someone knows the title :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this story is See Through Me by Erica. The author left the community over a year ago but she had completed this before leaving.

1 Like

I think that’s it! Thank you :revolving_hearts:

Happy Birthday btw, if it isn’t your birthday by any chance then please ignore that :blue_heart::sweat_smile:

1 Like

It was my birthday! Thank youuu :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Bump? :disappointed:

2 Likes

:musical_score: All around me are familiar bumps, worn out bumps…

3 Likes

:disappointed: Bump…

1 Like

Hello :wave:t3:
I’m trying to find a story, or if it was removed because of the new update, then just the author. Anyway, there was a story about a girl and her maybe foster sister and foster mom. They moved to the mom’s hometown and they were descendants of witches. The foster girl though, the MC, she was super pale and had white hair (if I remember correctly). I also believe there were vampires involved, as well. I don’t remember a whole lot of the story, but it was super good and I can’t remember the name or author. Please help :persevere::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

Sounds like Pine Hollow: Hex of the Three. It was removed from episode, but there’s a wattpad version

3 Likes

YES!! That’s what it was! Thank you so much! I’ll have to find it on wattpad!! :hugs:

1 Like

-sad kazoo solo as I bump hoping for someone to recognise that VR story-

“How do you play a sad kazoo solo?” you may ask. Truthfully, I’m not sure.

2 Likes

-Late evening bump for the Aussies-

3 Likes