The First Change for Episode

Excuse me. I know how to use the web portal. I am a mother. Not everyone can sit infront of a computer. So before you judge me if I know something or don’t. I just released a chapter today. But when you have 2 teenagers to run after you don’t have time to sit all dam day. Phone writing was easy for me. I guarantee I am not the only one that feels this way about them getting rid of the mobile create app.

3 Likes

I’m sorry I just thought since the way you worded it that you didn’t know. I’m truly sorry. And I have a lot of respect for mothers so the fact that you even have time is very impressive. I am truly sorry, I hope you forgive me and that you don’t give up Episode.

1 Like

A lot of people were furious I just hope that some people get used to the portal because we are all saying goodbye to the mobile creator, which, helped a lot of authors and helped a lot of authors begin writing on the portal. I, too, will miss the mobile creator. And thanks for forgiving me, I really didn’t mean to offend you or anything! Have a good day/night! :grin:

I would actually pay them monthly to give me back the phone creating app.

4 Likes

I’m kinda sad to see Mobile Creator go, it was there that I started writing stories before moving to the writer’s portal (I’ve made 5 stories with Mobile Creator, all moved to the writer’s portal) but to be honest there wasn’t a lot of things (Animations, backgrounds, choices, outfits etc.) when compared to the writer’s portal

Episode should create a writer’s portal app so that we can write stories when we’re not using the computer, especially for writers that don’t have a computer

5 Likes

Your right that’s something very serious, be careful!

3 Likes

I can see a lot of post like “it’s a good idea”, “I’m glad they’re getting rid of it” but a lot of these quotes are also followed by statements like “I never liked it”, “I didn’t know how to use it” or “I never used it anyway.” As one who loved mobile creator, I feel our voice should be heard as well.

While people are free to share the opinion it’s fine, there is no need to flag or try to change people’s minds about it being gone.

Much like the above poster, I’m am greatly devastated about this. I create my stories by mobile, then fine tune it in writers portal. Writing in writers portal is a long process. Constantly having to change to capitals to write the characters name, using tab, copy and paste “@ pause for a beat #beat starts #beat ends (in tablet this is even more of a nightmare as you have to constantly change from symbols to letters), where in mobile creation, the backgrounds, beats and names etc where there and you merely had to adjust say the background, what the character was saying, etc.

It’s all very well to say to “just use a PC”, but not everyone has access to one. I happen to, but my PC is very slow. Once I use direction helper, it slows it down to the point of it not working. It’s also to say “well, just upgrade” but I don’t have money and am certainly not going to such an expensive purchase just because one app says “we’re not using it anymore.”

Like the other poster, I am a working parent, so my writing times are usually spent in the early morning where I get up early specifically to write or rare times on the weekend, when my children are placated.

I understand the difficulties with adding the new features and upgrades to it, but was there any harm in just keeping it? Just letting it be and not changing it? I Did join here before mobile creator started. once I realised you need a pc to create, I gave up and deleted the app. Once it was announced they were starting mobile create, I readded it and it soon became one of my favourite pastimes (writing stories, that is.) I would never have readded it if I knew this would happen and I feel cheated. I’m sure a lot of people feel the same way.

While I agree mobile stories don’t look as nice as writer portal stories, things like “I’m glad it’s gone, those stories were so low quality” are really hurtful to those mobile creators. Just because they don’t use writers portal doesn’t mean they don’t work hard on their stories. I too read other mobile stories for read for reads. Are they perfect? No. But I’ve seen stories that aren’t well directed be far more interesting that stories that are.

I use iPad to write my stories and PC to fine touch them. My pc like I said below is very slow. I can’t use it longer than an hour until it starts really loading slowly and becomes unwritable. Using mobile creator to write the bulk of the story was a great asset to me. Now it’s been taken away.

It’s al, easy to say “just go to a library”, but most libraries I know computer usage is usually limited to one hour. Also, the computers are generally side by side and stories can be intimate and personal and some people don’t want writing where any stranger can see them.

Mobile creator was the perfect tool for people that don’t have PCs. I mean it’s avaliable as an app for tablets, why shouldn’t they be allowed to create? I don’t think owning a pc should be a requirement. I felt the same when YouTube banned certain vids from certain devices.

Like another poster here, I can access writers portal on my iPad, but once I get there, I can’t scroll the page down. Even if I click in the writers portal box and move down, it moves the browser down, not the writers portal page. I can skip to scenes, but anything beyond the first few lines are unacessable.

This has now left two of my stories in limbo. One was on its last chapter, the other I was waiting to finish to publish. I now have to tell my readers that they are cancelled for now. I have no idea if/when they will be completed. I do know for a fact that I can no longer write another story. I feel sad as I was a profilic writer.

I am not trying to change episodes mind (I gave up that after my failed campaign to stop trying to force me to use a Limelight avatar.) Nor am I even arguing for why they should, so please don’t start a long refute of why deleting it was the “right” option. All I’m trying to do is speak up for the small 3% who’s opinion here seems to have been drowned in the “thank goodness it’s gone comment’s”. All I’m asking is to just spare a thought for the people here like me who have basically had their app taken from them (as a writers point of view.)

Rant over :cry:

5 Likes

Just letting you know you’re not alone. We may be the small minority, but your voice is heard and I feel for you too.
I feel the same way :cry:

1 Like

UPDATE #3 7/11/19 The day has come players. As of our content release on 7/10/19, Mobile Creator has officially been retired from Episode. You can still access any stories you created on your phone by logging into the Portal. It had a good run of nearly 3 years and its bittersweet to see it go.

14 Likes

True. Hopefully we get something better.

I’m guessing those new rules were a change too.

1 Like

Can I please know why my post was flagged? Was there any rudeness in my post? Was I abusing anyone? I took extra care to not abuse or insult anyone. I was merely voicing the thoughts of the people who rely on mobile. This only confirms my theory that mine and the other person’s post were flagged only because we are going against popular opinion and are being unfairly silenced.

3 Likes

Bittersweet to some. The end of my writing for me and others :cry:

Please private message a member of the forum team with your flagging questions. Asking them inside of the thread creates off topic content and derails from the conversation. Thanks!

2 Likes

I did

1 Like

If one person doesn’t respond feel free to try the other members of the forum team. More specifically our moderator @Sydney_H or myself if she happens to be off (looks like she is today). Thanks a bunch and sorry for any confusion! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s what i
wanna know

Yeah, I just did it, they got rid of mobile creation, not previewing.

2 Likes

hey…it’s not fair…
you have got to be kidding me…huh??
my pc just have some problem now…you tell us that we can’t creat a story on mobile…:sweat::sweat:

3 Likes

Okay! Thanks😄

1 Like