The First Story I Loved: The Ember Effect

I really wanted to talk about this because The Ember Effect by Joseph Evans was one of the first stories I read on Episode that really grasped my attention and made me love Episode. It’s an older story and is done in Episode’s Classic style so I feel like it’s probably disregarded by a lot of newer users, but it’s such an amazing story and I really do recommend it.

What was the first story that really grabbed your attention and made you realize that Episode really could supply you with amazing stories?

5 Likes

Omg yes I love this story!!! Everything is just amazing! I actually completed it! This is why I love Classic.

1 Like

The lovely one. I can’t remember the author’s name, but the story plot was amazing :slight_smile: I think it was actually my first story that I ever read as well.

I believe Porcelain by @Rahatul was the very first story to seriously grab my attention, I read it when it didn’t even have a million reads yet :see_no_evil: :blob_hearts:

3 Likes

i loved that story when it first came out ! it was one of the many classic stories i fell in love with, when INK first came out i couldnt read any stories done in that style (besides demi LMAO) classic is super underrated tbh and i miss the style a lot

1 Like

Everly After by Anya Reinhardt. I’d read some other stories that were okay, but I could feel my interest waning because a lot of it wasn’t to my actual tastes. Then I happened to stumble across the name of this in the forums (I had come here looking for the answers of something in a different story :joy:) and gave it a shot and omg. :heart_eyes: It didn’t have very many chapters at that time but I ended up going through them all and just felt like I needed more. Her writing is honestly beyond this app and I was immediately enraptured.

Soon after I also discovered Realm by Em Wilson and between these two stories my interest for the app and its stories was brought back. Haha

2 Likes

Unfortunately I never quite got to reading that story because I really can’t stand classic now :sweat_smile: although the first story I read on Episode was Always Talk To Strangers.

It was nearly five years back so I don’t remember much except the cringy fanmail I wrote :grimacing:

1 Like

For me, there are three that really stick out.

• Hit and Run by Elise C
  • Trials of Suburbia by TORIAH
  • The Trophy Wife which I never actually finished because I lost my progress when I got a new phone :frowning:
4 Likes

The first story I ever tried to write was in Classic and it was really badly written and then I updated it for ink but kept the bad writing and never finished it either time. I’m currently working on completely reworking the entire story in LL and fleshing out characters to be less one dimensional as well as adding more choices (which if I’m being honest is one of my weak point)

I loved the classic style, and while I was happy when INK came out I do still think there are just some stories that were created in classic that can’t be beat. I imagine if many of them were every updated for LL they would just blow everything else out of the water.

So much lately is just cliche bad boy romance stories, and while I’m just as garbage for falling for the jerky football player as the next guy, a lot of the time I feel the stories are just lacking substance and imagination.

1 Like

AHHH ! im so excited to hear more about your story, make sure to notify me when it comes out, my first story was written in classic too but i was never released (literally the main character was perfect and every cliche under the sun was involved) but ive definitely changed my writing style.

there are so many OG classic stories that need to revamped, i completely agree there was so much creativity involved in those stories.

1 Like

OMG I lOVE ALL THOSE STORIES

1 Like

Can totally relate, my main characters are based off of me and a couple friends and in the original we were just those “not like other girl” types who were feuding with the popular girls for the attention of guys (who were named after Harry and Niall from One Direction because I’m garbage)

While that’s still quite prevalent on the app it’s just something I can’t bring myself to write anymore. I can’t get behind tearing down “other girls” as a way to try to build the main character up as better than them. I’m trying to focus on making the characters more realistic and while that might not be the most exciting thing to read I just want to capture a time in their lives when things are changing and they’re trying to adjust and grow.

1 Like

i adore that whole new perspective you have when i comes to writing it sounds beautiful. also ME AHAHAH gIrlS wHo bAsE tHeIR chArActErS ofF oNe DiRecTiOn :drooling_face:

i said it once and imma say it again, i cant wait to hear and read your story it sounds like its gonna be a banger

1 Like

Classic stories :heart::heart:

2 Likes

It was Infamous by Kayla Sloans. I still can’t believe it, but I was actually about to delete the app, but before that, I decided to give one more story a try. I’m glad I chose this one because it not only made me like the app, but made me want to write my own story too

2 Likes

I think ‘The Ember Effect’ was the second story I actually finished? The first one I liked. The first I finished was another in the classic style, ‘Finding Mr. Wright’. I didn’t really enjoy it, but it was in 2014 and there weren’t many options.

The first story I ever tried to write I started when I was about 9/10? I know, what a rebel. It was awful, I’m so glad I never showed anyone because I would not be allowed to live that down.

1 Like

Pretty Little Liars was actually the first story I ever read!
Loved the story,loved the show

1 Like

My first stories were Real Hollywood (classic), The Phoenix Prophecy, and Campus Crush (classic). Gosh, that was in 2014. There also weren’t gem choices at all. And all the stories had so many episodes, for example, Campus Crush had 60+. It’s so weird to think about it now.

2 Likes

Yes!!! I’m late but I totally agree. It was the first episode story I had ever read (other than mean girls and all that). Low-key miss Joseph Evans :((

1 Like