The @follow command

community

How can you follow a character to a spot and not ‘screen right’ etc.
For example if you had a character walking towards a door and had the camera following them at the same time.
@follow CHARACTER to spot 0.821 -209 18 AND CHARACTER does it while walk_trudge
The character just stays still when I try to do something like that but I’ve seen people in other stories make the camera follow a character to a spot and not a ‘screen center, left etc’.
How do you do it?

The follow command does not work with spots. You will have to pan and make your character walk at the same time:

&pan to zone # in T
@CHARACTER walks to spot % x y in zone # in T and CHARACTER does it while animation

Following character in spot placement?
Moving the Camera with the Character

What if you din’t do spotting?

Then just use the regular follow command: @follow CHARACTER to [position] in zone #

Moving the Camera with the Character

I followed the correct code that you gave above, and I’m having some issues. It gave me a warning, and it said use @CHARACTER walks to x y z in S. I don’t know why it’s saying that, but this is what I have:

@RAIN walks to spot 0.993 187 134 in 3 in zone 3 and RAIN does it while walk_neutral

This code was written a while ago when it didn’t matter which order the time and zone were in, but now it seems like the system has made it official that the zone number should come before the time, and not the other way around anymore

@CHARACTER walks to spot % x y in zone # in T and CHARACTER does it while animation

How do you make the camera follow two characters at the same time?

Use the & sign for the second character

Thanks!

How do you make the character exit while on spots? Sorry im just so stressed out and I can’t get this right. Thanks!

If you’re in zone 3 for example
@CHARACTER walks to spot x in zone 4
@remove CHARACTER
I don’t know about any other way around. And try not to do it if you’re exiting left and on zone 1, because there are no - (negative) zones

This is helpful. I also have a question, how to let the reader to change the main character’s outfit? and to choose?? and also how to make the sound?

what, zone should I use for my character??

I have a question, how do you make a character kiss the main character??

Check out:

If you go to:

You will find templates for a simple dressing game that you can use : )

To add sound, check out:

Good luck with everything!

@follow YOU to spot 0.665 153 245 in zone 2 AND YOU is run_jog

Can you tell me why this doesn’t work thanks

you can’t follow to the spot.
Try this instead:

&pan to zone 2
@YOU walks to spot 0.665 153 245 in zone 2 AND YOU is run_jog