The @follow command

Thanks!

How do you make the character exit while on spots? Sorry im just so stressed out and I can’t get this right. Thanks!

If you’re in zone 3 for example
@CHARACTER walks to spot x in zone 4
@remove CHARACTER
I don’t know about any other way around. And try not to do it if you’re exiting left and on zone 1, because there are no - (negative) zones

This is helpful. I also have a question, how to let the reader to change the main character’s outfit? and to choose?? and also how to make the sound?

what, zone should I use for my character??

I have a question, how do you make a character kiss the main character??

Check out:

If you go to:
http://www.episodelife.com/p/script-templates.html

You will find templates for a simple dressing game that you can use : )

To add sound, check out:

Good luck with everything!

@follow YOU to spot 0.665 153 245 in zone 2 AND YOU is run_jog

Can you tell me why this doesn’t work thanks

you can’t follow to the spot.
Try this instead:

&pan to zone 2
@YOU walks to spot 0.665 153 245 in zone 2 AND YOU is run_jog

i had the same issues and i made like this
&pan to zone 2 in 3
@CHARACTER walks to spot (here put your spot) and CHARACTER does it while walk_trudge
i hope that i helped :blush:

@Dara.Amarie
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I HAVE BEEN STRUGGLING FOR A LONG TIME!!
p.s I followed you on IG! :grin::grin:

is there a way to follow two characters at the same time?

It’s explained above in an earlier reply:

I used the coding and it said that I had an error. I don’t know why, but this is what script looks like:

&KAMILAH1 walks to 0.808 229 188 in zone 1 at layer 0 AND KAMILAH1 does it while walk_neutral
@GALLERIA walks to 0.808 292 189 in zone 1 at layer 2 AND GALLERIA does it while walk_neutral

You left out the word “spot”

You also cannot add the layer when walking to a spot

Ohh okay. I got it now :slight_smile:

How can I zoom into a character that is behind another character ? For example, one is in layer 1 and the other is in layer 0, but whenever I try to zoom into layer 0 character’s face by zooming in on their face by 400%, it always ends up zooming on the man in zone 1…I’ve seen many stories where the zoom can go past a certain character to zoom in on a character behind them, but I just can’t figure out why it’s not working for me

So this is actual a trick. This is not a literal code. And the reason why that is is, logically, if one character is in front of another, they will always get in the way no matter how you zoom.
But what directors do is, as the zoom is happening, they shift the front character to the side.

Ex:

@CHAR1 spot S 300 Y in zone 1 at layer 1
@CHAR2 spot S 300 Y in zone 1 at layer 0

&zoom on X Y to 400% in T
@CHAR1 walks to spot S 100 Y in T

So the CHAR1 shifts to the left and allows the zoom to land on CHAR2. And if you do this just right, it will look like the zoom pushed past CHAR1 and landed on CHAR2 automatically. Cool trick, right.

AHHH TYSM THIS HELPED A LOT :slight_smile: I was wondering if this was a trick, but just thought it looked too real…Thanks!