The forum toxic traits

A little while ago, I tried to open an art shop. Not for selfish reasons but good ones. You see, sometimes I draw art scenes, Covers, and others for people here and on Instagram.

But I do it on my phone, a small screen that I have to keep so close to my face, my head hurts after 20 minutes of works. I already need glasses to see, but they are not that strong. I can have a normal day without them, but after I’ve been drawing for so long, I can even dare to imagine the force of the new glasses that I now need to get just to see. Yet I still take drawing requests because something in me keeps pushing me to do good, even tho it doesn’t do me good.

Plus the screen of my phone shattered a while ago, my finger hurts after 5 minutes of blending colors.

I tried to open a commission art shop so I can get a bigger screen to keep drawing. After getting I would have gone back to draw for free like I always do.
So I opened the shop and posted some examples of things that I work on. Among them,

I drew this:

Summary

From a drawing that I like as practice. As nothing else than a simple PRACTICE.

That’s when this girl came and ask me to explain how the drawing matches the one that I drew it from. Don’t get me wrong, that I get. If you see something weird it is only natural to ask for explanations. But then, she called me a thief, a liar, and a scammer. I explain to her what I did but she kept coming on.

Seeing that, I sent her another one of my drawings to see something,

I sent her this:

Summary

f46eb866-de22-4af2-bc8a-b422eca7b1f7

Then I google a random picture of a girl’s profile and asked her if according to her I stole it too.

Imagine my surprise when she layered both of them and told me maybe I did.
Then she pulled out a chart to explain to me what’s referencing, and what’s copying.

Summary

That pissed me off so much, that I destroyed any art shop that I had.

Because I understood what she was doing. That girls wasn’t standing up for the original artist of the Man in brown that I drew. She did it for herself. For come to think of it, nothing was stopping her from dm’ing all of that to me. But she did it out in the open. Right in the comment section of the shop.

The humiliation that I felt was incomparable. I was so angry that I wanted to stop any activity related to episode, writing, drawing and reading.

But I calmed my self down, like I always do. And for 2 weeks straight, I work hard and drew this:

Summary

I was going to use it in an overly complicated plan to get back at the girl, and prove to her that I am an ARTIST.

But I’m not evil or bad, people. At least I’d like to think there’s still good in me. But I hate to serve as an excuse for people to step on so they can feel great about themselves and look good to the public’s eye. It’s been like that for ages for me.

And let me tell you that I am tired, not only of that but I’m just tired of having to collect myself after shit like that happen to me.

I didn’t create this topic to send anyone down at that girls throat. But because I felt like talking about it. Even if I’m talking to myself. Pouring my heart out and feeling vulnerable for a second put me at ease.

Any ways, this is the last thing that I am posting on the forum. I’ll still be by to help those who need me to code their story, and finish the drawing of the request that I have but that’s all.

I am done drawing for you guys.

26 Likes

I’m so sorry! :frowning:
Your art looks really good though.

1 Like

Hey, I am so sorry this happened to you. The toxicity on this app can be so much, but I hope you’re still enjoying your time here.

1 Like

Sorry you had to go through that.
But isn’t quitting giving her what she wanted?
Like she came to you and kept bothering and you gave her what she wanted, you quit.
She kept bothering for a reason.

4 Likes

I agree this community can be too much sometimes when we turn against each other. I know who you are talking about and I don’t believe they had bad intentions. They are pointing it out so people don’t get scammed.

the color looks amazing I will admit that, I cant blend like that,

that was me who called you out because you are tracing that is the problem, I am sorry your getting hurt. but dont act like you have done nothing wrong

btw I am not gonna comment anymore because I dont wanna start a fight

rggg

2 Likes

I am so sorry for that toxic girl. for one your art is amazing, for phone drawing,and a cracked screen. That’s disappointing that there are people on here like that.

1 Like

Let me ask you a little question, are you going to come for Da Vinci too, because he painted the Mona Lisa as she looks? Because it seems like you have a problem with people who draw things as they are.

2 Likes

I did not do anything wrong, You think someone is going to ask me to draw a dog and I’m going to to send her the boy that I drew?

1 Like

Okay, Said i am not gonna reply, will log out after this, but for a note if hour not tracing. Prove it.

Your art is gorgeous :star_struck: Just block and report the user if they said anything harrasive.

1 Like

I’m going to stick up for @Calyps0 here, one that looks like a REAL photo of someone, she could have used it for reference, but i don’t think she copied that. She could have used it for reference and challenged her self to draw it the same. Not trying to argue but it’s kinda for rude to question her work, i’m mean i would have asked if she traced/copied but not sending her a thing on what it means to trace/referring. I think she would know if she was an artist.

7 Likes

Layer by layer that’s how I draw.

3 Likes

As an artist myself or at least someone’s who’s participated in art studies and has been creating art for years, I’d like to add to this ‘conversation’. My opinion is based off of what I read on this topic and the three art pieces I saw. To me it seems as this person who humiliated you is right. The art pieces all look very different from each other (as in different styles), however many people have multiple styles, so I won’t be using that as a strong argument. The last art piece you drew and the reference photo looks exactly the same, as in the pose and the placement of everything. It seems like you coloured it in/blended very well, but it appears as if you had created an outline or drew directly on the reference piece. This isn’t meant to attack you, but referencing and tracing/copying are very different things and as an artist I’m sure you’d agree. However it seems you’ve been very hurt, but the accusation and it would be nice if you could show us a piece that you did with a reference that looks similar, but not exactly the same. :blue_heart:

23 Likes

And I’d also like to add that in the original topic you created I do think the situation should have been handled privately, at least at first.

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like