The Free 4 Passes won't load?

The same thing happened to me also. I had 188 passes and I used 1 and I never received a notification about my passes being refilled

2 Likes

How do I shorten the limit??

1 Like

I’m definitely leaving a bad review.
cracks knuckles
Here comes my “may I please speak to the manager” attitude.

12 Likes

Ok but seriously, this really frustrates me as a writer. If this new policy is going to make readers be more cautious in what they choose to read, then it will be exponentially harder to convince readers to spend their very limited passes on your story. The first episode will have to be incredible, or else no one is going to read on. This is just yet another disadvantage to smaller authors, who don’t have the benefit of an accrued fan base/popularity that will make readers more likely to take the risk of spending passes on their stories.

20 Likes

Exactly! So many views are going to decrease and it’s not fair! Writers put in so much time and effort making these stories and now it’s going to be harder for them to gain anything from it!

8 Likes

Adds?

1 Like

So they finally addressed this in the “live issue” help section on the app. What I didn’t realize until now is that they also aren’t letting us acquire more than 4 even if we complete a challenge?! Way to go Episode, now you’re really not making me want to read anything anymore. This is such crap. I’m seriously fuming. I feel so bad for all of the community authors that are trying to get reads and this will definitely not be helping.

9 Likes

I probably wasn’t going to use my saved passes anyways, so I guess that this might have been a good thing. However, this is very frustrating. Aren’t we supposed to manage our own passes however we want to?

4 Likes

Yeah, I think I’m heading over to Youtube and watch stories there. Unbelievable, now I’ll only be using the platform for writing my story because this has turned into a money based app.

12 Likes

This has been happening to me to me as well, was 88 and now 82 I was so confused as to what was going on thinking something is wrong with the app, Honestly it has made me not wanna read anymore :confused: kinda sucks, if they have decided this is the way they want to go then it sucks somethings should be kept the same way :anguished: and if it’s a bug they need to fix it fast ! :worried:

4 Likes

This policy is hitting hard and now I have to see what stories I plan to read. I really hope that Episode goes back to how it originally was without this whole policy. Wouldn’t Episode know that this policy would obviously be horrible and anger others?:no_good_woman:

8 Likes

I agree I wish they didn’t do this :woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

It literally benefits no one.
It doesn’t benefit Episode because now people are going to read less stories (meaning less ads will be watched) and chances are that the people stockpiling passes were never going to actually buy them anyway :woman_shrugging:. So Episode probably won’t gain anything from this (except thousands of angry readers haha).
It obviously doesn’t benefit readers.
It really doesn’t benefit authors- now a lot of people won’t be reading as much. Someone said above that they’re going to look for stories on YouTube. This really hurts authors- it takes away from their reads (and potentially their income if they get paid).

Even if the ability to stockpile passes was a “glitch”, there doesn’t seem to be any benefit to anyone by taking that ability away.

17 Likes

The most insulting part of it all is that they knew it was an unfavorable decision and so they tried to secretly, quietly implement it — as if no one would notice. How dumb do they think we are?

14 Likes

For anyone that wants to further express your concerns about this new pass refill policy to Episode, I’ve just created a feature request thread requesting Episode reverts back to the old pass refill policy. Feel free to check it out and show your support: APP: Reload 4 free passes every 4 hours! Special thanks to everyone in this thread for presenting reasons why this policy is bad: I’ve included a lot of them in the feature request, and I really think they provide solid evidence as to why we need the old refill policy back.

9 Likes

I was so glad to find the answers on this thread because i was so confused, we weren’t even told about it, Which made it a sly move they thought no one would notice, but i’m not being funny who doesn’t keep track of their passes :joy: They need to go back to the way it was which will allow everyone to be happy ! :smile: I read a story and noticed and thought maybe its a glitch so i did it again and the same thing happened and now tbh, I have just left the app because its stupid and doesn’t make any sense, It wasn’t harming anyone if anything it was actually helping episode out to begin with!

It is really sad because this app is unique which made everyone happy, but there are other places we can write stories for free without a problem and no limit to how many can be read!

This was something different with animations and action to put to a story which is why i loved it so much :disappointed_relieved: x

8 Likes

I’m so disappointed. So much for saving are you kidding me Episode?.

5 Likes

i must play 4 stories and spent 4 passes!!! i bery frustassed because this 4 free passes every 4 hours!!! please help me!!! i really dissapointed with this game!!!

1 Like

I have been emailing back and forth with Episode customer support (even though I’ve been getting a generic, pre-generated response every time), and it seems to me that they are trying to cover up a new (dumb) policy by saying to old policy was a glitch. They clearly know what they are doing, and they are trying to force us to buy passes if we ever want to have more than 4. As someone who has never bought passes, and quite frankly will never buy passes because I can’t afford it, this makes me incredibly upset. If I have been stockpiling passes ever since they introduced the Reward Pass system, it should be my decision to use them on stories that I really love. It makes us readers feel like Episode is out for our wallets, rather than our loyalty. If they want to make it right, Episode should restore the passes that people have used since this change went into effect and immediately reverse the policy, because as it is now, it does not benefit anyone. If they don’t rectify the situation, I’ll have to reconsider being on Episode, both as a reader and an author.

9 Likes

I have also gotten the generated responses and seen the live issue being updated on the help section of the app. They are definitely trying to cover it up as a “glitch” which makes me even more mad. Their newest version of the generated response says you can’t even get the free timer passes even if you DO purchase tickets so now I’m livid. What purpose is there or motivation at all if we can’t even get the passes we’re supposed to get every 4 hours if we actually are giving them money? Like what?! This is crazy and this screams they are money hungry more than anything and do not care about their readers or the community they created.

4 Likes