The Galactic Story Review💫

Hi everyone! I am so excited to be back and offering story reviews again! I will keep this short and sweet and I can’t wait to start reviewing stories again! :heart_eyes:
~Jae🥰
1. If your story is PUBLISHED please leave the author(s) name, title, and a brief description of your story
2. If your story IS NOT PUBLISHED please comment with the link, story title, author(s)
3. Please be prepared to have COMPLETELY HONEST FEEDBACK. I will not be “sugar-coating" anything just to boost someone’s ego. If you KNOW FOR A FACT that you CANNOT handle such feedback then please DO NOT REQUEST A REVIEW. I don’t want to deal with temper tantrums because you didn’t like something I said
4. A ‘thank you’ is not required but it is greatly appreciated
5. I currently work almost full time and run a business, so i won’t be free every second of every day to just read stories all day everyday, on top of the fact that I HAVE A LIFE🙃 so please don’t rush your review. I won’t put a limit on how many reviews I’ll do but I’ll most likely try to do them in the order that they come in
6. If possible, post a cover of your story with your request to make it easier to find

NOTE: These reviews will be VERY detailed to help people who actually want it, not to bring anyone down or hurt anyone’s feelings!

I WILL READ THE FIRST THREE CHAPTERS UNLESS MORE IS REQUESTED AS TO SPEED UP THE REVIEW PROCESS!!
Any questions, comments, or ideas please feel free to comment on them!

HAPPY REQUESTING :heart:

𝑾𝑨𝑰𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑳𝑰𝑺𝑻:

@hipsy_writes (3)
@AdriGarai09 (4) (COMPLETED)
@Bellaex (3) (COMPLETED)
@KanaMoon (1) (COMPLETED)
@JadeBeckson (5) (COMPLETED)
@Goji (3)
@malia.am (3)
@TheMorrigan (3) (COMPLETED)
@LadyGraci (3)

𝑮𝑹𝑨𝑫𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑹𝑻:
Grades are given based off of 5 stars. Grading will look like this:

𝑭𝑼𝑳𝑳 𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑹: :star:
𝑯𝑨𝑳𝑭 𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑹: :zap:

ALSO:
If you would like to read my stories I’ll link them below! Only one is currently finished with a second season and is being written as we speak and the other two are not finished!

Accidentally A Vampire 🧛🏾‍♀️

(Episode Writer Portal)

Accidentally A Vampire 2: The Lost Kingdom 👑

(Episode Writer Portal)

Guardian Angel👼

(Episode Writer Portal)

NOTE: Honorable mention stories are stories that absolutely exceeded my expectations and are some of MY PERSONAL FAVORITES! Again, these are my personal favorites and stories in which I FEEL like deserve more attraction!

HONORABLE MENTION STORIES

1. @Elemental with “Elemental”
  2. @KanaMoon with “Incognito”
  3. @AdriGarai09 with “Her Stolen Dream”
  4. @Bellaex with “Can’t Let Go”
  5. @TheMorrigan with “It’s a Coincidence, Isn’t it?”
15 Likes

Hi thank you for doing this! I would love to hear your feedback!

Title: Elemental
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Author Name: A. Cooke

Description:: Description: You play as a 17 year old girl in high school, Cara Jacobs is just trying to survive high school and figure out questions about her mysterious father. But when a freak accident forces her into a world of supernatural chaos, she learns that there’s more than meets the eye to everyone, including yourself. As she begins your journey to discover your newly found powers, an unexpected romance blooms. Can you save the world, fall in love and discover the secret of your father?

Features: Gem-Free, Mini games, music, multiple LIs, Fully Customize your Character, Art Scenes and more!
Link: Episode Writer Portal

Total amount of chapters:: Completely up to you. 4 are live now with a 5th to go live this week.

Small Cover:

Thank you again for offering this!

2 Likes

Title: Time is Deadly
Genre: Mystery

Author Name: Willow

Description:: Supervisory Special Agent Burke is the best FBI profiler in New York. When she’s tasked with catching the most prolific serial killer she’s ever seen, things go downhill. Fast.

Thank you sm for doing this!!

1 Like

Thank you for this thread… :heart_eyes:

Author name : hipsy_writes
Story Title : THE HIDDEN TRUTH (Where I’m From)
Genre : Drama
Description : In a town, where women belong to the kitchen and are made housewives. Chadsela embarks on a journey to achieve her goals no matter what. Will she succeed?
Instagram name : @hipsy_writes
Chapters Published : **6 chapters published and more coming soon **
story link : Episode Writer Portal

1 Like

Hi, and thank you for wanting to review my story.

Title O Son Where Art Thou

Author Brendan

Description You lose your son by unjust means, and your son is now with a man you despise. Can you rightfully reclaim your son? Find out in this striking drama. Male MC, choices matter, and two endings.

Genre Drama

Style Limelight

No. of episodes 14 (including bonus episode)

Instagram @brendan.writes

Link Episode Writer Portal

1 Like

Thank you!! I can’t wait to read it!

1 Like

Thank you! I can’t wait to read it!

1 Like

Thank you! I can’t wait to read!!

1 Like

Thank you! I can’t wait to read it!!!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star_struck:

1 Like

@Elemental REVIEW COMPLETED

• To sum up this review THIS STORY IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! I love to read fantasy stories but I love them even MORE when the author is creative and shows how creative they can be!!

• The coding for this story is absolutely amazing! I’ve never seen the things you’ve done in your story, done in another story! I won’t add any spoilers for people who may want to read but your scene planning and directing was absolutely amazing!! Kudos to you babe :clap:t4:

• Love stories with customization! Makes me feel like I’m actually part of the story and makes me want to keep reading!!

• The use of overlays and backgrounds just adds to the creativity of this story and makes it stand out so much more! The one I’m most particularly fond of is the symbol that the MC has been seeing all over! That was absolutely amazing!! :heart_eyes:

• Having parts in the story where the reader can make the choice and it ACTUALLY MATTERS was phenomenal!! :clap:t4:

• To piggy back off of the last point, the scene where the reader had to type in their guess as to where they thought they were until they got it right??? TOO AMAZING FOR MY BRAIN :heart_eyes::weary: This was one of the best parts to me!!

• Love the depth of the characters! They all have their own stories that make you want to know more about them!

• I like the narration throughout the story! Some of it is author narration and some is MC narration! I love how it brings the entire story together!

•Your transitions were smooth and steady and really kept the story together! Amazing work love :clap:t4:

• The episodes were a tinsy bit shorter than I would have written but when you have such good content it makes up for the shortness! Just try to give your readers a little more before ending the episode!

• There was only ONE coding error that I saw when I was reading and I’ll attach it below and scratch out the dialogue as to not give spoilers! Overlays are a bit tricky to code so just make sure that they look good on your end or see if there’s a glitch in that overlay!

PLEASE KEEP WRITING

Lol, that’s my suggestion! I absolutely love this story and will be adding it to my personal read list so I can continue to read until you’re finished writing! I love this story so much and I cannot wait to see where you take it! DO NOT get discouraged by the amount of reads you have so far!! Most people tend to like cliche stories and that’s why they end up with the most reads but YOUR STORY is going to draw readers in because of it’s uniqueness and it’s amazing content! Again, I am super excited to see where you take this story!! Amazing work babe! :clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4:

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star: out of :star::star::star::star::star:

:clap:t4::clap:t4:

3 Likes

Title: Her Stolen Dream
Genre: Adventure/Fantasy
What to expect:

• Limited CC
  • Choices that Matter [point system]
  • Mini Games
  • Art Scenes
  • Advanced Direction
  • Magical Elements

Link: Her Stolen Dream

Description: A royal engagement between Chloe and Liam goes wrong when the king is killed. Now, Chloe must protect the prince and kingdom. What will happen when she’s stuck with the prince?

4 episodes please.

1 Like

WOW! Thank you!! :heart_eyes:
This is such a detailed review, thank you for such excellent feedback and for spotting the coding error. I am so excited that you love the story and happy to hear you’ll continue reading it.
This was so amazing to read- totally made my day! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Thank you for commenting! I can’t wait to continue reading!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve added you me story to the list!

1 Like

@willowkayyy REVIEW COMPLETED

(Thank you for being so patient! I’ve been swamped at work <3)

• I love this storyline!! I love murder mystery/ serial k*ller stories!

• I love the customization! Even though we didn’t name the characters, getting to customize to our liking is amazing!

• I love your concept of the mini games earning you points and helping you find the k*ller!

• I love the backgrounds! They definitely give that New York feel to the story!

• The first episode was absolutely amazingly coded! It was so intriguing and definitely held my attention! I loved it!

• I love that you give the reader the option to watch an episode recap or to skip it! Most authors just include it to make the episodes longer (which sucks :/)

• Your characters seem to have good storylines and are not 2D.

• I love your covers and overlays! They are so well made and make the story look 3000x better :heart_eyes:

• I love your animations when it comes to the phone calls! It is so creative and looks amazing!

• Maybe it’s because I’m a very fast reader but the episodes seems a little short. I will be reading more so I’ll definitely be checking to see if it’s just me lol :joy:!

• In my opinion, the dialogue between Ivanna and Theo seems very choppy and quick. There isnt really any content that leads to the conversations they have (example: when they went out for drinks and began discussing their past. It went from a little flirting, to talking about drinks, to revealing their past that is “a secret” and they don’t share with anyone). In your next episodes there should definitely be more content > (lines of dialogue) between your characters to make the story flow a little better!

•I’m not entirely sure if Theo is supposed be taller than Ivanna but his entrances/exits are a little spotty (he sizes down when exiting or sizes up when entering) I find it’s best to make the line of coding like this to make it seamless:
&CHARACTER spot - - - (the coded height you’d like them to be)
@/CHARACTER walks to spot - - - in 4 THEN CHARACTER faces right AND CHARACTER starts shiftweight

This way, your character is already at your desired height and it doesn't look like he's growing/shrinking.

• To piggy back off of a ‘pro’ that I gave, your call animation is amazing, I only saw ONE part that messed up! Unfortunately i didn’t grab a screenshot of it but the scene were Ivanna is talking to Willow about going to the model after party! Willow can be seen moving up the screen and doing the talk_phone animation but once she gets to your desired size, she’s just idle! You can use the same coding from above (THEN CHARACTER starts animation) so it flows smoothly.

• To go off of a point I already made, I’d just really love to see more in your story! Your ideas are so creative and so amazing, you should definitely put the content behind it to give it the :boom: it needs (and i know that may be a little difficult because writing is very tedious and frustrating sometimes :confused:)

Definitely back your amazing ideas up with some more content! if that means, take some days to plan out your episodes DO IT!! This story is so good and has so much potential! I have no doubt that it’s amazing! It just needs to be a little fuller :two_hearts:

:star::star::star::star: :zap: out of :star::star::star::star::star:

1 Like

Thank you for this :slight_smile:

Title: Can’t Let Go

Author: Bellae

Genre: Drama/Romance

Summary: You’re stuck in an unhealthy relationship, and it’s hard for you to let go. Will you gain the courage to stand your ground? Or continue to let their words control you?

Link: Episode Writer Portal

Covers:

1 Like

Thank you so much for commenting! I’m adding you to them my list💕

1 Like

Hi there, I have an unpublished story but it only contains one completed chapter. Is it okay if you could just evaluate my story based on one chapter?

Title: Incognito
Author: Kana

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, Yes!! Thank you so much for your comment! I’ll add it to the list! :two_hearts: