The Hideaway || RP || Official Thread

The Hideaway
It’s 2033. Government has fallen. Dictatorship remains. Robert Slutz, the current dictator, has ruled that anyone deemed ‘imperfect’ will be executed.

Only 24 imperfects have managed to escape. They now reside in The Hideaway, an underground collection of tunnels and caves. Will you remain hidden, or will The Hideaway be discovered?

Characters
Olivia Woodell - @Ella
Alex Martin - @Caticorn
Macy Rivers - @Caticorn
Roxy - @bossyroxy411
Layla Perkins - @Chay
Billy McClain - @Chay
Gray Willow - @phantrash
Amber Black - @phantrash
Ryan Hunter - @Stxphanix
Lee White - @Stxphanix
Danaia Lee - @Leea
Nova Walker - @Cameronei
Kaley Allen - @Kale
Jayvyn Lovell - @Surface_Hyena57
Wayland Redd - @Surface_Hyena57

LINKS

The Hideaway - Faceclaims

The Hideaway || RP || Sign Ups

Attention!

The RP will begin with each character getting to The Hideaway

Alex Martin
I couldn’t believe what I just heard. Anyone ‘Imperfect’ will be executed. Let’s see: Non binary and Bisexual. I think that fits the bill. I thought as I walked up to my room and began to pack a bag. I put clothes, books, and anything else I thought I would need into a bag, then I went out the door, not looking back and ran to a place I knew would be safe. An underground connection of tunnels and chambers that would hide any number of people.

Macy Rivers
I knew this day would come. I thought as I ran up to my room. I throw whatever I can find into a bag. I run to the kitchen and put some small snacks into my bag as well, then I run out the door. I don’t know if my parents are calling my name, but I don’t look back to find out. I run and run, until I find a tunnel, not thinking twice, I run in and find someone already there. They introduce themselves as Alex Martin, and their sign language is perfect. They explain that they call this place The Hideaway and that it will be a safe place.
ORP: Alex and Macy are approachable

Kaley Allen
She was startled. Imperfect? she thought. No one is perfect. She pulled a backpack from under the bed and put some clothes and basic survive objects into it. Her parents weren’t at home, so she left them a note and followed he instinct. Then, she saw black-haired girl and boy. Based on their clothes and backpacks, she guessed they were imperfect, too. “Are you imperfect, too?” she asked, catching her breath. She wasn’t good at running.

@Caticorn

Alex Martin
I look up at the girl that ran in, and signed her question to Macy. Then I turned to her and answered “Yeah. I’m Alex Martin and this is Macy Rivers” while signing what I was saying “I’m non binary and bisexual, and Macy is deaf and a biromantic asexual. What about you?” I ask, curious to know about this girl.

Macy Rivers
I see what Alex is saying and I nod to confirm that they are correct, I know that this girl won’t understand my signs, but that’s what I have Alex for.
@Kale

Kaley Allen
She nodded. “I’m bisexual, too,” she said. “And I have bad memory.” She bit her lip angrily. “And I’m irresponsible and unreliable.” She looked up. “I can’t believe this! It’s so…”
She kicked a small stone on the floor.

@Caticorn

Alex Martin
“It’s unbelievable. My household was supportive. My neighbours were supportive. I mean, it’s 2033. We shouldn’t be taking steps in the wrong direction, yet here we are, hiding for our lives.” I answer. This still seems so unreal.

Macy Rivers
I nod in agreement to Alex. I sign “I always had a gut feeling that this would happen.” and they dictate it to this girl. Then I get them to ask for her name. I sucks that the people here don’t understand me, but not very many people can.
@Kale

Kaley Allen
“I’m Kaley,” she said. “Do you think you could teach me some basics of sign leanguage?” she then asked Alex, uncormftable of not knowing what Macy wanted to say.

@Caticorn

Lee White
“Anyone imperfect will be executed… we will be checking every home in the city, this town and this country for any imperfects.” Came blaring out of the TV. my family, who were sitting on the couch with me, turned and looked towards me and stared at me. I stood up and ran to my room and sat there. Maybe if I left no one would miss me? What the doctors called mutism, they called an “imperfection”. They’d probably try and kill me right? I sighed and started packing everything I needed, I’ll just disappear and they wouldn’t care. No one even wants me anymore. A tear rolled down my face as I sat at the edge of my window with rope in my hand and my backpack in my other. I jumped off the window and started walking towards a hidden tunnel, ducking while I entered. I gasped as I saw people already inside.

Ryan Hunter
I was on my phone before it froze and it said," Due to he new laws anyone deemed imperfect will be executed… we will be checking every home in this city, this town and this country for any imperfects and will not stop until only perfect beings are left." Then my phone unfroze. I’ve got to get out of here. I heard stomping coming up from the stairs,“Ryan you’ve got to get out of here.” My mom whispered with tears running down her face, she started getting things and putting them in my backpack while I stood there bewildered. When kissed my forehead and forced the bag onto my back and stood me at the door," Fill me in with u-updates and I hope you c-c-come b-back h-home." She started crying and I comforted her. I almost walked out the door before she stopped me, “Your medicine.” She forced it into my hand, I hate PTSD. She faded away. Shes dead Ryan, get a hold of yourself. I was talking to myself, tears ran down my face before I walked out the door and walked towards a tunnel. I saw more people in there. Is this a secret meeting or society?

Alex Martin
“I can teach you the alphabet, but the rest is complicated.” I explain. I begin to show her the different letters, explaining how they can be used “For example, my name is Alex Martin. A-l-e-x M-a-r-t-i-n” I look over to Macy for confirmation

Macy Rivers
Alex signs their name, so I look at Kaley and sign “M-a-c-y R-i-v-e-r-s.” I point to myself when I finish. Then I point her and sign “K-a-l-e-y.”

Alex Martin
I see two new people come in, both look scared. “Hi, I’m Alex Martin, non binary bisexual and this is Macy Rivers, deaf biromantic asexual. Who are you guys?” I ask them, hoping that they’ll see they’re among friends.
@Stxphanix
@Kale

Kaley Allen
When Macy ‘spelled’ her name, she added surname ‘Allen’. “Okay, good to know,” she said, spelling ‘Okay’ with her hands. “I’m gonna master sign leanguage in few days,” she added sarcastically.
Then she sighed. “How do you plan to survive?” she asked worried.

@Caticorn

Alex Martin
“Stay here and wait it out.” I explain, then I point to the tunnel. “If you keep going, there’s chambers that you can sleep in, why don’t you go find one?”
@Kale

Lee White
I started to sign the letter L, what if he doesn’t understand sign language though? I show him a wait gesture a story I got my big note book out of my bag and write my name in my cursive writing,’ Lee White’ I showed the book to him then added,’ I don’t speak, do you understand sign language?’

Ryan Hunter
After Lee told or rather showed Alex and the other girl her name I added," I’m Ryan, nice to meet you guys. I’m bisexual and I have PTSD."

Kaley Allen
She went down the tunnel, looking for these ‘chambers’. She felt how was her backpack hiting her as she made her way forward. When she finally came to the right place. She threw her backpack on bed and started putting some items on shelves.

Approachable

Alex Martin
I smile at Lee and answer “Yes, I do. I’m kind of Macy’s interpreter.” while signing it out for Macy. “So, what do you guys think about all this perfection bullshit?” I ask them, eager for their opinions.
@Stxphanix

Lee White
I kinda didn’t understood Slutz law maybe he just didn’t like different people? Or someone did something to him in the past so he dislikes every person who is classified as weird? I wish I could read minds, everything would be easier. ‘He’s just jealous that we are probably more amazing than he ever will be.’ I write to Alex, then wrote ‘signing makes my hands hurt and I’m not fluent. Can you teach me more words?’

Ryan Hunter
“He’s just a really shitty person.” I said eyerolling. I started unpacking my bags," Seems like we may be here for a while. I’ll just make myself at home." I started agusting my items. My family kept coming into my mind, why did Slutz take them? Why wasn’t I there to help them? Why am I the only one alive? I sighed sadly and sat with my back towards the wall.

Alex Martin
I laugh at Ryan’s comment about Slutz and put my hand on his arm. “You know Ryan, if you ever want to talk, I’m all ears.” I tell him. I don’t know what happened to him, but it’s taking a toll on him mentally.
Macy Rivers
Macy smiled at Lee and showed her “My name is M-a-c-y. Can you repeat that with your name?” She asked.
@Stxphanix

Lee White
‘My name is L-e-e W-h-i-t-e. Do you not speak like me?’ I sign to Mack. She seems nice enough, maybe this place isn’t so bad. I sat down and started rocking. God, I already feel homesick. I bet they won’t even notice that I’m gone.

Ryan Hunter
I laughed at Alex’s comment. “Sure thing, if I need anything I’ll tell you.” I said to him and flashed a small smile. How am I going to sleep tonight? Everything is happening so quickly. I sighed again.

Macy Rivers
‘I’m deaf. I can only speak with hearing aids. It’s just easier to sign everything.’ I tell her. ‘If you go down the tunnel, there are small chambers we’re using as bedroom. Why don’t you go claim one for yourself?’ I suggest, getting up to go claim my own room.

Alex Martin
“Are you sure there’s nothing you want to talk about now? You look distressed.” I tell him, hoping he’ll open up. I don’t want to pry, but he looks like he has some baggage to unload.
@Stxphanix

Jayvyn

I watched the TV, staring at my phone, trying to book my next show when I got a text from my friend.

Jay, don’t come down here bro…I can’t contact you anymore, they’re looking for you…

I thought it was a joke until I looked up from my phone, at the TV.

Guess it’s time to go.

I got up, picked up my personal belongings and anything else important to me and headed out. I had to go anywhere except for here. Even though there was nothing really wrong with me…that he knew of at least, he’d probably take any chance to get me out of his way that he could.

On my way out, I stared him down across the hall, watching as he did the same. This was his way of giving me a head start before he turned me in. The heartlessness of the situation was oddly not suprising. We hadn’t been on speaking terms for a while, so this was our ‘normal’ for a sad ‘goodbye’ conversation.

I ran as fast as I could, making my way down a dark alley after a while. I guess I got lucky with the Athletic genes. After a while, I found my way back, to a line of people. I bet they were kicked out like I was, and I was right.

After a minute, I got inside and settled, waiting for others to do the same. We need to figure out what we can do now.

ORP- Approachable