‘the ideal length of chapters + shorter or longer chapters?

hi!
so i have no idea whether this is going to get merged or not but i wanted to start a thread for some information for my own personal story, shorter and longer chapters has always been a pretty even debate around viewers but i wanted to know if we can find some mutual ground to what is the idea length of a chapter. please do leave and answer and help a fellow writer out !
thank you xx

HOW MANY MINUTES SHOULD A STORY BE ?

0 voters

DO YOU PREFER SHORTER OR LONGER CHAPTERS?

• shorter chapters
  • longer chapters

0 voters

3 Likes

I prefer short episodes, like 5 to 10 minutes max :yay:

2 Likes

With longer chapters you get more for your passes.

1 Like

Depends on your definition of “shorter”. I like 10-15 minute episodes although I don’t mind something a little longer or a little shorter. Anything under 5 minutes and I’m like “wtf” lol.

3 Likes

I prefer 10-15 minutes long chapters.
Longer episodes mean less frequent updates - which is bad for both your readers (they need to wait more, so they might lose interest in your story or won’t remember what happened before hand or bug you for the release date of the next chapter) and your read count (in case you’re interested in getting into the payment program) - and even if the story is awesome, re-reading the latest chapter due to some little changes can be a pain in the *ss. And also, there is a higher chance that you get interrupted while reading a longer episode, and for eg. I hate to be interrupted - which is hard to avoid with a little kid. :,D

4 Likes