The Infected: featured version

I couldn’t find an existing thread for the featured version of The Infected. Does anyone else have the beta?

So far, I’ve read the pilot, and it seems identical to the original, but as the original is still ongoing, I wonder how long this will run. There weren’t any gem choices in this version (at least not in Episode 1), but it still awards gems. Iiiiinteresting.

Edit: It’s out now for everyone.

13 Likes

I’ll add that I’m all caught up on the original, so I don’t know if I’ll read this one alongside reading that one, as it still feels very fresh. But as someone who’s complained a lot about Episode needing more non-romance featured stories, I’m pleased to see them branching out to other genres.

7 Likes

since when did they do this :frowning::open_mouth::thinking:?

1 Like

It’s in beta, but maybe you don’t have it. Try checking the author’s profile. If you have it, it ought to be there.

2 Likes

i problably gotta check tomorrow

:scream:

same. I am not way a zombie fan but I am glad for something non romance. episode have been without a horror or thriller featured in forever

5 Likes

I dont have it but I did find it by going into her profile

1 Like

Shit there gonna ruin it…

Itll be less about zombies and more about spend 400 gems to “have a fun night with (insert person of ur choice)”

Or something like

“Ik there are zombies outside but Cody looks so seductive rn” (spend 200 gems to kiss and risk getting caught by zombies)

Other option

Oh no a zombie

Spend 400 gems to defend urself with a weapon

Scream loudy and attract more(FREE choice)

21 Likes

Optimistic me: “It’s so nice to see them seeking out and purchasing high quality stories, and diversifying their genre picks. This could be the start of Episode taking itself seriously. :relaxed:

Pessimistic me:

13 Likes

I’m kinda glad to see Episode “step outside there comfort zone” with featuring this story, as I’m sure that shelf has not seen anything like it. Its an amazing story, I truly hope they won’t destroy it.

3 Likes

Episode would ruin the crap out of amazing stories such as The Infected, so I really hope this never happens.

3 Likes

Yeah, i’m curious on how they’re gonna do gem choices since outfits and romance isnt a very large part of The Infected :thinking:

4 Likes

I just found the story in Caititori’s author profile. It’s pretty rad how other genres are being explored, especially in a popular genre such as zombie apocalypses like what @Cee said

5 Likes

the original is always best.

3 Likes

There are a lot of post-episode options that they could charge gems for. Replaying, re-ccing, unlocking clues you didn’t find… but so far nothing costs gems.

So far it’s identical to the original. I think the greatest danger to the quality will be that they may have to cut it short.

5 Likes

Wait noooooo it’s actually a thing already? This is a disaster :skull:

1 Like

Does this mean @Caitoriri will stop uploading the original?

I wonder if the plan is to release this officially around Halloween?

3 Likes

Seems to match well with with Episode’s ‘Halloween’ plans

2 Likes