The Infected: featured version

Haha yeah and it’s been the same 4 stories pretty much ever since the horror/thriller shelves were created :sweat_smile::upside_down_face:.

3 Likes

Preach :pray:t4:

2 Likes

I honestly don’t feel like re-reading. I already finished 17 episodes I don’t feel like re-reading the, plus gem choices. Sorry.

1 Like

Apparently they didn’t add any and just kept the author’s original gem choices? (To increase points and such)
But I’m not a re-reader either and since it doesn’t seem like they’ve changed much (if anything), I probably won’t read the “new” version.

I never had to pay gems to get extra points. Was this just me?

Not everyone can see user gem choices. I guess that’s the main difference- everyone will be able to see the gem choices in this version.

2 Likes

One thing I noticed when I played episode 2 of the featured version was that even though I had found the clue during the episode, it told me I had to pay gems to get it once the episode was over. I’m not sure if that was an error, or if they intentionally don’t save your clue gains unless you pay gems (which would be bizarre).

I’m not much for re-reading either, so I’ll probably hold off until I’m low on gems.

I’m assuming an error?! Maybe they tried to make the gem choices visible for everyone (not just people who needed to gain the item) without thinking of how it wouldn’t really make sense?

1 Like

Lol I’m a hardcore re-reader :sweat_smile: there’s a couple stories I’ve read the maximum of five times lol. I’m also a hardcore gem collector/hoarder lol. So I’ll definitely be reading this one as I am a HUGE The Infected fan. Also I’m wondering if you read the non featured one first and gain all clues, if you can then figure out whatever it may be from getting all the knowledge from the non featured version… or if perhaps the game depends on your character actually finding them and remembers that. I don’t know. But I love free gems. I hardly ever pay out gems no matter how hard it may be or how shifty it makes the story lmao :rofl:

I just started to play through the featured version myself to see if they’ve edited anything.
The first one is really noticed is that they edited some of the zooms at the start of chapter 2. So now in the part where Cody reaches down to help you up onto the locker, you see his entire disembodied arm shoot down to grab you :grimacing:

6 Likes

Oh, he’s like some Go-Go-Gadget type character who can command his limbs at will? :sweat_smile::speak_no_evil: Good job Episode.

2 Likes

Yeah… I understand that they need to make all zooms tablet-friendly… but I think not having floating arms should take precedence🤔

5 Likes

I use a tablet and I don’t remember anything being too weird when reading your story :woman_shrugging:t4:
Then again, I read episode 2 a long time ago :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, if anyone managed to read the end around the time I’m typing this, the ‘ending’ is so rushed, it didn’t even had proper directing most of the time.

And the reason why I said ‘ending’ is because since it’s following the original to a tee, it is advertising it’s second season, despite it definitely ending there :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Since the original isn’t finished, how did they end this version?

2 Likes

Since it’s basically 100% the story, the story just ends on a cliffhanger at 18 chapters and a teaser for ‘Season 2’

It’s literally just that, minus some directing and backgrounds

1 Like

Wow…
Lol I just saw screenshots posted on @Caitoriri 's IG. I’m crying :rofl:.
They… did not just post undirected dialogue to end the story?! Like… at the very least they could have used spotlight lol

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s some of the laziest shit I’ve ever seen them do.

4 Likes

That’s actually ridiculous. Wow.
Why spend the money buying something if you’re not even going to make it particularly visible or give it at least a directed ending?!

4 Likes

Well, it’s probably just following the script in her portal, right? I don’t know what the contract for The Infected entails, but since it isn’t a rewrite, I think it’s possible they’re not allowed to make certain additions or write their own ending. That might explain the outdated season two announcement being there too. Along with any major in-progress portions of the script for the finale.

I didn’t think of it before, but this also has me wondering if Episode Official publishing times are automated and not updated manually. It would explain some errors I’ve seen in other stories.

3 Likes