The INK story style!

Hi lol so I just wanted to try and start a random discussion about something and see if anyone agrees with me on this:

So at the time Limelight story style came out I’m pretty sure Ink was still being updated, and here was me hoping to get some new clothes, features and other stuff just to found out there won’t be anymore updates for Ink. I just feel like it kinda sucks cause I don’t feel like a lot was added to it (since Limelight already seems to have a lot more clothes to choose from, and so did Classic), and especially because I’m currently working on a story in the Ink style. :confused: Now I’m not saying I don’t like the Ink style; I actually really enjoy writing in it. But I just kinda wish more was added to it before the updates stopped.

5 Likes

My story is also in ink and I’m a biggest fan of ink. It’s sad that they won’t update it anymore but it’s even more sad that ink stories are becoming less. When I check the app I hardly find new ink style stories. :pensive:

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that too. I’m worried Ink will eventually be forgotten for good. :sneezing_face:

1 Like

Same here! Then imagine I’ll be the only one writing in ink :no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth: it’s scary.

6 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this isn’t about story creation. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

don’t worry you won’t be the only one! I’ll be here, writing in INK too :joy:

4 Likes

And I wish we had more updates, kinda feel incomplete without all these at least hidden (non-gem) stuff :cry:

3 Likes

Yay :joy::raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Me too :joy: I’m only writing a story in LL because it has more character features and stuff, lmao. But the animations look weird to me so the rest of my stories will be in INK :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That feeling is mutual :joy:

2 Likes

Don’t worry you’re not the only one! I’ll be soon writing a new story in INK :ok_hand:

I gave LL a chance but I just can’t get myself to like it. My heart stays with INK :pray:

4 Likes

true :pensive: i know there’s still a bunch of hidden animations we’ll never be able to use now.

1 Like

i haven’t yet written a story in Limelight! but im gonna try it out eventually and see if i like it. if not I’ll be sticking to Ink too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m sticking with Ink no matter what fancy updates and attention Limelight gets, it’s just not the same. I will continue reading Ink stories and I can work with whatever there is for Ink, though I agree it’s disappointing to hear they’ve cut it off so suddenly. If I manage to become an actual author, no story of mine will be written in Limelight. Ever.

4 Likes

I planned a Limelight story. I created the whole cast. I tried out all the animations.

You will not miss out on anything. I am sure you already know, but Limelight really sucks, and I wanted to assure you of that haha. I am only doing this because I fell in love with the characters’ personalities.

And yeah, it still hurts that INK was discontinued.

2 Likes

I agree that Limelight is not the same, but I still wanna test it out. I’ve messed around with it and tested out some of the animations - as there are a lot more than there are in Ink - it looks pretty good so I would consider writing a story in that style. But I still really like Ink, and as LL gets more updates less and less people will want to read Ink stories which will cause writers who prefer to write in the Ink style to suffer.

I trust and know that. :joy:

That is the unfortunate truth indeed, but no matter what, if people truly enjoy a story, then they will read it regardless of the style. Just like because I am truly not a fan of Limelight doesn’t mean I cut off any Limelight stories completely, I only seek for Ink stories more and try to find Ink versions of existing Limelight stories since plenty are written in both styles.

In conclusion, if a story grabs my attention, I will read it, even if it’s written in Limelight (though I may secretly complain and wish it were written in Ink, but that doesn’t matter here).

3 Likes

Same here :person_raising_hand:t2::joy:

2 Likes