The Kite Runner by Khaled Hossein

In my English class, we are reading ‘The Kite Runner’ and I’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions on the book if you have read it.

My heart broke reading Kite runner

1 Like

And the movie was very confronting

1 Like

I read it for high school 5 years ago and still go back and read it.

1 Like

just the description sounds like a heartbreaker. We are doing research on the setting and timeline of the Kite Runner atm. But tonight we are supposed to read the first 5 chapters.

In my English class, We just finished The Kite Runner, a couple of weeks ago. I love the book but we haven’t even finish the movie yet :joy::joy:

1 Like

It is definitely a cruel book. Just as history itself, I guess. I finished reading it yesterday and let me tell you, I cried like a damn baby since the beginning. The ending is supposed to be hopeful… I loved it, but I could not see it as such. But then again, I was prepared for a bittersweet ending. Also, I loved how foreshadowing Hosseini was when it came to certain events. (That part when it is revealed that Raymond Andrews’ daughter had commited suicide… Hosseini, you are evil.)

If you enjoyed Hosseini’s first novel, try reading its “sequel”, A Thousand Splendid Suns. It is another stab to the heart, but I loved it as much as I loved The Kite Runner.

1 Like

It’s gonna take quite a lot of emotional maturity to get through it. It’s a hard read, but definitely worth it. I would say “I cried when reading”, but that’s not very uncommon for me, so it just doesn’t do the emotional element of the story justice.

1 Like

Read it a few years back in Swedish class, it’s definitely a hard book to get through. Very emotional.

1 Like

Gosh I’m crying my eyes out rn

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.