The Life Thread

Yeeessss

1 Like

Don’t have much time, but I’m here for a few minutes and a quick update. Life’s pretty decent. Submitted most of my college apps and I’m just waiting for rejections results. Promised reddit if I get into my dream school I’ll ask my crush out so I’ll actually hope not to get in and be less disappointed when I don’t. And if by some miracle, the AO hits accept instead of reject (odds: 1/10000000000000) I guess I’ll be taking a huge step out of my comfort zone. Loving my classes and acing them- this break has been great for me. I took as many courses as I can without paying next quarter, but if I have time despite it, I’ll be back then because every last app will be in and I’ll just be waiting and all I have to do is keep my grades up, not perfect, because my goal at that point is just to not get rescinded and graduate. Really excited about my classes next quarter though- I get to take a class with the most legendary prof in the psych department and one I’ve been looking forward to all quarter and I even squeezed in a bunch of break time for myself. I miss my old friends here, but I’m doing well and hope you guys are too.

7 Likes

Memehek!
I’m sleepy as heck so I’m just gonna say it’s great to hear from you
And that you’ll get into the best school :3
Love ya~

6 Likes

Hmmm I’ve never seen this thread before until now :sweat_smile:

Well… Life is good for me, I am finally with the most wonderful guy and school is fine, life is fine, still some drama here and there, and basketball is going great. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Only four months left until the final exams AKA 10th grade boards.

sweating anxiously

2 Likes

I love voting! Except when like 3 out of the 26 things you vote on pass :frowning:

Plus, I looked up Prop 9 (which was taken off the California Ballot) but Prop 9 would be the vote to split California into three states. I wouldn’t vote for that, but if it did pass, I really really don’t want to be called Northern California lol. Like, how creative is that. North California / South California and California. Great job. Nailed it. Where are you from oh, I’m from California, the north third. lame

5 Likes

O.O is the rant thread closed forever?

1 Like

I’m going to vote in the next (presidential) elections next year and I’m worried and anxious ugh

2 Likes

I don’t know what happened (I haven’t read the ranting thread for weeks, or maybe even months, because of all the drama) but generally it’s temporarily closed until everything is calmed or to stop spamming. It’s because of organization and to avoid to be permanently closed.

2 Likes

It didnt say imhow many hours it was gonna be closed for or when its b back

2 Likes

Kids are testing me today :upside_down_face:

Some girl called me a korean drama queen and I was like haha you know I’m asian please don’t

And then I told her this story about how some kid asked me to “speak asian”… :joy:

And she goes on to basically debate with me about how I’m asian but I don’t speak asian and if I speak korean then why am I asian…

ASIAN. IS NOT. A LANGUAGE.

:sob: I CANT

8 Likes

People always ask me to speak “Mexican” and I’m like “Umm… You mean Spanish, right?!” :roll_eyes::tipping_hand_woman: 🤦

6 Likes

People are unbelievable

4 Likes

nah, i would never close the thread for more than a week or two, and especially not forever LOL
i’m doing this for a while because of what lum said

usually when i feel like things are getting tense or people are misusing the thread i close it so that things can calm down a bit… it’s like the rainbow after a heavy storm :rainbow:
i notice that there are arguments, some off-topic convos, and a bunch of little one-word replies… that stuff might seem really insignificant, but it can count as spam or it can make the thread look like a chatroom with no clear topic. spam, chatroom threads, and definitely fights are against the guidelines, so i do get worried that a mod might close the thread because of all that or find some other reason to lock it. i try to prevent the death of the thread from happening by taking some control and closing it for a while myself

i might re-open again tomorrow but i’ll have it back up in the next few days for sure :sunny:

11 Likes

Oof so today I was picked on and called a homophobe online bc I’m a christian EVEN THOUGH I SUPPORT LGBTQ+ RIGHTS.

Also it’s like if you’re a christian, there’s no way of getting out of being attacked. Like, if you don’t support lgbtq+ you’re called a homophobe and basically hated by everyone, but if you do support lgbtq+ rights everyone’s like ‘bUt doEsN’T ThE bIbLE SaY NoT tO Be gAY yOuR bAsIcAlLy cOnTRaDicTing YoUr beLiEfs’ like um man, bible says to love and accept everyone so uh, sis u can see me with that love and support during pride parade peace

4 Likes

I just.
Wanna say.
That I completed.
And published.
My First Ever.
Episode Story.
TODAY!!! :balloon::tada::confetti_ball::sparkles::yellow_heart:

6 Likes

Ah thank you for replying n.n wasnt expecting it. Okay thts a relif got concerned :no_mouth:

1 Like

Oh my gosh! Congratulations! I’d love to read it! What’s the story’s title? :smile: :purple_heart:

1 Like

Ahh, thank you! The story’s title is Microcide :grin:

2 Likes

I’m not going to school today so I’ve added it to my favorites. I’ll read it today :blush:

1 Like