The offical inktober contest

Welcome to INKTOBER!!!

Untitled55

Hi, Starlight here :rose: , So

I was thinking about making an inktober contest where everyone can have fun and show their artistic self I know Some of you might know what inktober is while some donā€™t

Facts and questions about inktober

Q: What is Inktober?

A: Inktober is a month long art challenge created by artist Jake Parker that is focused on improving skill and developing positive drawing habits. Every day for the month of October anyone participating in the Inktober challenge creates an ink drawing and posts it online. Remember to use the hashtags #inktober and #inktober2018 if you want your art to be seen by everyone.

Q. When is Inktober?

A: Inktober is every October. Post your first Inktober drawing on October 1st and your last on October 31st.

Q: Where is Inktober?

A: There is no official location or convention for Inktober. Wherever you live and create is where Inktober is.

Q. Can I work digitally?

A: Yes. Initially, the challenge of Inktober was focused on traditional inking. Although learning how to ink digitally is a skill separate from traditional inking it is no less valid. If you want to improve your digital inking skills then doing Inktober digitally is a great way to challenge yourself. Just be cool to those who want to use traditional inks. And traditional inkers, be cool to those who are trying to improve with their digital inking.

Q. Can I do calligraphy?

A: Yes. If calligraphy, typography, lettering, etc is how you create your art, then by all means do that every day for Inktober. Weā€™ve even heard of writers taking on the Inktober challenge and crafting a poem or short story every day that follow the prompts.

Q: What is a good pen to use for inktober?

A: Jake Parker says he really likes the Pentel Brush Pen. For a list of other good pens see theTools page.

Q: Can I use markers or watercolors?

A: Yes. You can use markers as your inking tool or to color. You can also use watercolor. However, the Inktober challenge is about simplifying your options as an artist and seeing what you can create with a white sheet of paper and black ink. If you are going to use color try to limit yourself to just one color.

Q: Can I only use ink for my drawing to count?

A: No. Whatever your creative process is, use it. If you want to sketch in a pencil and then ink on top thatā€™s fine! If you want to sketch in crayon and then scan it into the computer and do your finished inking digitally, go for it! As long as you are creating a new ink drawing every day, it counts.

Q: Do I have to use the official prompt list?

A: No. The prompts are there to help spark your creativity. If you have another great idea, go for it!

Q: Do I have to use the prompts in order?

A: Nope. You do not have to follow the order of the prompt list. If switching the order of the prompts helps tell the story you want to tell feel free to change the order.

But the cool thing about following the prompt list in order is seeing what everybody creates on the same day using the same prompt and how much variety and creativity there is inside of a single word.

Q: Do I have to use our own designs or can I use designs from my favorite game/film/cartoon etc.?

A: You can draw whatever youā€™d like for your Inktober challenge. Just remember to follow copyright laws, and respect the original creatorā€™s wishes.

Q: Where can I buy an Inktober shirt?

A: Right here. There is also additional Inktober merch on the Merch page.

Q: Where are this yearā€™s prompts?

A: September 1st of each year Inktober prompts are posted under the Rules and Prompts page and on the official Inktober Instagram . However, if you want the prompts a week early subscribe to the Inktober mailing list here.

Now that we know what inktober is letā€™s get on to how I am planning this contest etc also if you have more information just ask bellow and I will answer it

The deadline will be on November the first and we will be anoucing all the winners for each of the themes and we will be giving prices

Here are the rules

1. Please do not be rude or start any drama

2. Please do not steal any of others art

3. You must post all your entries before the deadlines

4. You most say inktober if your gonna enter and I will add you to the list

5 Be kind to other participants, and also the judges

1. Be respectful of otherā€™s work

2. Do not include any discrimination, sex, sexism, or racism in your art

And here are the judges

There is still 1 more spots left and no Iā€™m not a judge since I be entering also

Judges

1. @NattyGomez

2. @Episode.BriarRose

And thatā€™s all I think anyway LETS HAVE FUN :joy:

Love~ Starlight. Rose :rose:

12 Likes

Also Iā€™m gonna be updating the thread and putting more information

5 Likes

Once Iā€™m done I will tag some people

In the mean while you guys could just comment down and ask questions

My friend has been doing themā€¦, for tomorrow sheā€™s drawing KFC man and a chicken :joy:

I am done editing it so if you guys wanna join just say INKTOBER

@Unique_911

@Daisy_Flower1

@HermanEpisode

@Cassandra_Dean

@Bethany1

@BrookieK

@CrazygirldY_dY_dY

@Lunar_Rose

@OueIman

@epsd.ama

@ChayChay

@SinaoMua

@phlegmatic

@ZADDY

If you guys have any questions just comment down and if you know any people that wanna join just tag them please

3 Likes

Lol

Can she join

I would but Iā€™m already doing goretober regularly haha

1 Like

Ohhh

Sorry Iā€™m not interested in joining any contests because I feel like personally attacked when people judge my art and rate it. Idc what others think of my art, itā€™s my art. Therefore I have no intention on entering. Please donā€™t tag me in contests again. The only contests I enter are insta

1 Like

Sheā€™s not on the forumsā€¦anymore :confused:

Can anyone explain to me what is an ink tober?

Iā€™m sorry but I donā€™t want to join contests anymoreā€¦:confused:

:woman_shrugging: I have no idea what ā€˜Ink Toberā€™ is either :joy:

1 Like

I come from Miami mostly people would be likeā€¦

ā€œWTF is Inktober?ā€ :woman_facepalming:t2:

Idek what that is.

1 Like

:woman_shrugging: Never heard of it till just now

1 Like

Sameā€¦
I hope itā€™s something good. Because all that writing looks scary to read.
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Yes! :rofl:

1 Like

Did you make your banner? For the inktober contest?

Yeah

1 Like

If you read the top you will see

1 Like

Ohā€¦
What happens if you donā€™t have Instagram? :sweat_smile:

1 Like