DARA’S GUIDE: The Points System

Okay. Thank you.

Hello! I found this very helpful but I just have one concern.

Is it possible for the points between two characters to alter what happens between you and them?

For example, the MC has two potential love interests. If one of them has more points than the other, is it possible for the ending to be changed? And if the other has more points, then the ending is different.

I don’t know if this is possible, but it would be great if it was.

4 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

how can I track the points ? I have to see all choices that I added points with “if” to know what they score?

Yes. You have to calculate and keep track of the points for every choice that is chosen where they gain/lose points.

1 Like

Can I have locked choices based of the score? For example, if the players is always mean to one character then they are not allowed to make a certain choice later on. I hope that makes sense. Thank you. :smiley:

1 Like

if (enough points) {

[choice here]

} elif (not enough points) {

[locked choice here]

}

Obviously changed (enough points) and (not enough points) to the actual format of (CHARACTER >/</= #)

3 Likes

LOL this conversation made my day, i relate to you so much, I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how point system works lmao and when i search i get this and scrolling through the comments made my head dizzy :joy::joy:

I’m trying to do something like the last method you listed but with more than just two characters. Is this possible? If so how can I code it? Basically I need the character with the most points to be in the scene instead of the others but there are about 5 different characters.

1 Like

You would do something like this:

if (CHAR1 > CHAR2) {
if (CHAR1 > CHAR3) {
if (CHAR1 > CHAR4) {
if (CHAR1 > CHAR5) {

[CHARACTER ONE WINS HERE]

}}}
} elif (CHAR2 > CHAR1) {
if (CHAR2 > CHAR3) {
if (CHAR2 > CHAR4) {
if (CHAR2 > CHAR5) {

[CHARACTER TWO WINS HERE]

}}}
} elif (CHAR3 > CHAR1) {
if (CHAR3 > CHAR2) {
if (CHAR3 > CHAR4) {
if (CHAR3 > CHAR5) {

[CHARACTER THREE WINS HERE]

}}}
} elif (CHAR4 > CHAR1) {
if (CHAR4 > CHAR2) {
if (CHAR4 > CHAR3) {
if (CHAR4 > CHAR5) {

[CHARACTER FOUR WINS HERE]

}}}
} elif (CHAR5 > CHAR1) {
if (CHAR5 > CHAR2) {
if (CHAR5 > CHAR3) {
if (CHAR5 > CHAR4) {

[CHARACTER FIVE WINS HERE]

}}}}

12 Likes

Thanks so much Dara!

1 Like

This is great! I would love to know though: do the points reset per chapter?

Nope, they keep accumulating through every chapter. The only time points reset is if you reset the points yourself using @CHARACTER =0

3 Likes

Let’s imagine that I use the points system, and in the end I want:
If the character got > 100 0r =100 she get’s one ending and if the character has < 100 get’s another ending, how would I do that?

Okay but so the episodes keep the readers points and at the end it simply knows that they achieve it or not right?

Yes points will keep accumulating through every episode.

1 Like

okay. Thank you so much.:grinning:

It does tell you how many points the characters have.
First, you have to press preview.
Then go onto flag and counters.
Then press on Character points- to see how many points each character has.