The Problem with Most Romance in Episdoe Stories

I mentioned it in this thread, but I wanted to make a topic about it.

Something that really bothers me is when the story has a good plot but focuses on the forced romance. Don’t get me wrong, I freaking love romance! But the way most writers write romance make me want to punch a wall. Most love interests are usually cocky and low-key harass the MC, and don’t get me started on the bad boy who pushes you against the wall, those fuckers can choke on a shoe and I would be fucking CHEERING!!!
These “love interests” have no personality besides sex and gangs, and the only “character development” they have is just feeling remorse. I want a story where a guy/girl or MC change throughout the story. I WANT SLOWBURN THAT IS NOT ABOUT SEX!!!
This is one of the reasons I stopped reading several stories, because the plot seemed amazing but the “romance” just ruined the story.

23 Likes

i’m writing a pretty good romance story :point_right: :point_left:

4 Likes

That sounds pretty cool :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Big mood. Like, oh, you’re a billionaire-bad-boy-mafia-gang-leader? Good for you, I guess? What about a personality? :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Please let me know when you publish :pleading_face:

1 Like

i will hehe

2 Likes

h e h e

:flushed: :flushed:

1 Like

I prefer slow burns myself.
If you’re looking for good slow burns, check out:

Speak by J. Miley
Dare to Dream by Sarah Robbins
Finding Ourselves Together by Kat Valentine
Music From His Heart by Beeble Hope
Second Chances by Trishy
The Ruby Tiara by Wincy W.
The Night We Met by Bars

6 Likes

Thanks!

ohmyflip. I hate it when the LI pushes the MC against the wall and is like aM i mAking You nErvous like no Chad you make me want to eat a shoe. :slight_smile:

21 Likes

HAHAHA :sob: chadd :woozy_face::woozy_face:

4 Likes

I had to think of the most basic name I could. :slight_smile:

(No offense to people whose name are Chad.)

3 Likes

I’ve used the name chad when I’m about to kill off a character in a two minute scene :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Well said :clap:

2 Likes

At least Chads respect women :rofl:

4 Likes

I agree!
I have published a (LGBTQ+) romance story and maayyybeee the main characters are too fast attracted to each other, but it is a bit more realistic than all those cliche stories :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Sometimes I wish I had the choice to make Chad eat the shoe instead

4 Likes

And choke on it.

2 Likes

Does anyone else find it cringey when they slowly pan up and down on the guy’s bird chests describing how good they look? Talking about “He stood there with no shirt on with his chest glistening in the light, I never noticed how chiseled his body looked :flushed:

13 Likes