♥ the ranting thread. (V2) ♥

Wow

2 Likes

Good!

I read this post on instagram where individuals with higher iqs as children need to be simulated to develop it further or they’ll be more susceptible to develop mental health stuff or “fall off the curve.”

So, I realized that I was a pretty smart child during second grade and lower.

I continued to realized that my first grade challenged me, but my second grade teacher never challenged me. I had all As in second grade and read at a high level. I remember that everything was easy. I remember our teacher gave this “challenging” math problems and I did it in less than ten minutes IN CLASS. Then, in like third & fourth grade (not going to lie) I was dumb as hell. My reading level DROPPED and I had bad grades (As+Bs), now, I’m not going to blame it on my teachers or my parents, but I would blame it on myself, to be honest. In third grade my mom got my brother and I an iPad and I would be on it A LOT.

But, back to the point, I’m sitting here with my As and all my easy ass classes with anxiety and depression. Hehe.

Tbh I just wish I was challenged back then and maybe things would be different. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

I always eat a hella lotta amount of chocolate or anything chocolate whenever I am during a studying process. It helps parroting down long-ass texts and various concepts easily.
Studies have shown that consuming junk food (especially the ones that contain sugar) during studying can boost learning. While its highly not recommended not to do other things while eating, this can be done as its very beneficial (especially during horrifying examinations!)
When we are in a study mode (especially for a long time, say 2-3 hours straight), our brain releases some hormone or chemical which triggers boredom. We tend to start yawning, feel tired, uninterested and our mental capacity lowers down.
But, if we consume junk food, our brain ‘gets energized’. It tends to focus more now and learning becomes faster.
Remember to keep a tid-bit snack with ya the next time you do heavy studying. It might help you a lot! Best of luck for your studies! :+1: :wink:

3 Likes
Story Telling Coming Through, Boi! Read If You Have The Time :3

I had this dream where I was running too badly and too quick…to catch a train.
My mother was on that train, calling out my name like anything. I didn’t know where that train was off to. I really tried to run fast, perhaps overdid myself. But, that train left the platform. I was left out. The dream finished that moment.

And a very strange thing happened the very next week. It was winter holidays and me and my mum had gone shopping at this really buzzed up place. It was night time. The marketplace was buzzing up with people like anything!
We had done just a little too much of shopping. I was carrying nearly all of the bags as, um, I am really inclined to helping elder people in any way I can (regardless if I would be able to or not :no_mouth:).
We hadn’t taken a car to the marketplace, as we feared we would get stuck in jam. So, we had decided on to take a bus. And the bus was packed ridiculously, not as usual that time.
So while going back home, I let my mum get in and gave her the bags quickly. But, the people pushing here and there, the cold winds blowing, my pee holding, the anxiety the leaving bus conductor was giving…all in between, I didn’t even know the bus started moving, and as if a Deja Vu happened, I was running for it while my mum was calling my name (just like the dream).
But alas! There is always a limit to which anyone can take. I huffed and puffed, finally stopping running. I looked back at the bus stop sign board, realizing that the next bus to my destination would take another 20-30 minutes. Tears of helpnessness gathered in my eyes, but I blinked them away. I went and sat on the bus pavement, passerbies giving me looks similar to the ones they give to a lost child in a city.
I had a phone and informed my mum. I could tell she was also hardcore worried but I told her to be okay, as there isn’t much we could do anyway, right? I was happy there was tight security wherever the place I was.
Then, I noticed an old lady beside me. I decided to strike a harmless conversation with her because, why not? Talking helped me freshen up and distract my mind.
I was surprised to know that she was also in the same predicament as me. She had got seperated away from her husband in that awful crowd and now, was waiting for the next bus to her destination for the last half an hour, in that cold weather. Her husband had gotten inside the bus, but she was unable to due to excessive entering and exiting of people in and outta the bus. I was somehow glad that I found someone in a familiar problem as me and also felt pity for that old lady. We passed our time by talking of family and worldly problems, laughing at harmless jokes and she also showed the awesome collection of silk sarees which she brought from that marketplace!
I told her about my strange dream which I had prior to that week and tried to relate it to now. The old lady told me that what I had was a ‘sign dream’, a dream that points to some event in the future. Its like a warning call which the Army General gives to the Army before going to battlefield or something, she explained. I just marvelled at those facts unheard by me.
Finally, mine and her bus came at the exact time and we parted ways, exchanged numbers and pleasantries. I safely reached my destination station where my mum was waiting.
Have to say really, this experience would be forever embedded in my conscience as I think it somehow related to my above dream :blush:

5 Likes

I agree 100% :raised_hands:t4:

Honestly, I really don’t think those types of things should be on a public thread.
Pm maybe…if you really trust and feel comfortable with certain people seeing you. Those face reveal threads are nothing but unnecessary spam the mods have to deal with. And I feel bad. :persevere:

1 Like

I personally can’t imagine showing my face, I’m nervous even saying on here what my hobbies are :sweat:

2 Likes

I hate people who use the word shame in an argument.

3 Likes

afjekljafjaewfew

i think this cute boy in my grade has a crush on me? I’ve caught him staring at me a few times and he seems to get nervous around me???

or am I being self-centered??? maybe he was just looking at me for no reason??? I kind of want to ask??? but no??!?!?!?!??!??!

im starting to be more awkward around him now because idk what to do sdjfkldsf

you know what maybe ill just leave it alone and see if he asks me out or something bUT WHAT IF HE DOES

WHAT DO I DO

WHY IS LIFE COMPLICATED

SDJKDSJSDs

6 Likes
Ack

So, where I live, the boys and girls are separated for high school. Because I just moved here, I think a lot of the older boys in like the CYO that I’m a member of and at school events and stuff think I’m older than I am because of my body and because they don’t know me cuz I didn’t go to elementary school here. It kinda makes me a bit uncomfortable, I’ve been cancelled a couple of times a t !y last school, but not yet here, but I’ve seen some people looking at me and I’ve gotten a lot of “wow, you’re gorgeaus” from the girls at my school (which makes me feel good about myself) I just moved from Washington DC which for some reason makes people think I’m cool? Anyway, I’m already getting a lot of attention from that, like people I’ve NEVER TALKED TO at my school k ow who I am. And while it’s great not to be known as a knowitall b**ch, I am kinda getting insecure about myself now because I feel like now by standards for myself are really high and I’m paying attention to every little thing I do and I’m getting paranoid. :persevere:

3 Likes

Aww Jassie. I hope you are fine and be back soon. I will miss u

1 Like

Get better soon J and don’t forget how amazing you really are :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Guuueeeeesss what?

My mom’s last chemo is in 4 FREAKING WEEKS!

I’m so freaking excited, because just…

Ahhhhhh

6 Likes

Aw congratulations!

1 Like

Thank you! :grin:

1 Like

I hope she gets better soon. I can’t even imagine how happy you must be right now. :grin:

1 Like

Yay, congrats! I’m happy for you, your mum and your family!
(Even though I don’t really know you, lol :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

I’m gonna go do backflips and be happy omg

3 Likes

I confess that I miss @Juann and I need to talk to him ASAP :persevere::heart:

2 Likes

Love u Jass, stay safe!

1 Like