♥ the ranting thread. (V2) ♥

Ughhhhhhh stupid feelings…I really like my crush and like oof it’s a lot :joy:

2 Likes

What’s Inktober?

1 Like

It’s basically this event all October where artists are challenged to create an inked drawing each day of the month. 1-31! There is an official word prompt and nit everyone uses it, but you can make drawings based off of the words for that day. Today was Tranquil.

1 Like

Tomorrow is roasted I believe…

1 Like

Tomorrow is going to be crazy.

1 Like

Lol!

1 Like

Bad boys are the epitome of an annoying piss pot prick with issues and unfaithful commitments to pursue in a relationship and also not to forget a cheater. They’re physical appearance are deceiving but their personality is like a spoiled child asking for a new toy.

Oh and they are stupid as fuck

2 Likes
Warning for mentions of suicide, abuse, homophobia, transphobia, etc.

I’ve been seeing a whole lot of “I don’t support LGBTQ+ people but that doesn’t make me homophobic~” rhetoric lately, and I just… ugh. You can’t refuse to accept a part of someone that they can’t change, refuse to support their endeavor for equal rights, and then turn around and claim you still respect them because, in cases of systemic oppression, that’s not how respect works. That kind of mentality is the reason we’re still fighting an uphill battle for basic human rights. It’s the exact same mentality that leads to LGBTQ+ people being put into conversion therapy, which is a form of psychological torture and no psychologist whose degree is worth the paper it’s printed on actually still believes that it works to do anything other than cause immense trauma. I have friends who have survived conversion therapy (and yes, “survived” is the right word; a lot of people who go through it commit suicide), and they went in gay and came out gay WITH PTSD and also resenting religion. Maybe conversion therapy just converts gay Christians into gay anti-theists?

Even if you yourself aren’t the one enacting harassment or physical violence, do you realize what it’s like to be the target of that, then go to someone for support only to realize that they think your own existence is some kind of “sinful lifestyle”? Do you know what it’s like to know your own family and friends can’t fully accept you? It’s no wonder rates of LGBTQ+ suicide and homelessness are so much higher than they are for cisgender heterosexual heteroromantic people. All you need to do to uphold the harm being done is stand by and let the status quo take its toll.

I’ve also noticed that none of these people seem to understand what being transgender actually means. It’s not about “wanting to be the opposite gender” or “changing genders”. Trans people who transition (some can’t/don’t, for a variety of reasons) are already the gender they identify is, because the literal definition of gender is one’s sense of being on a spectrum of male to female (and everything in-between or neither). We transition because we want our lives and appearance to match who we already are. For some, it’s even a matter of survival.

Then, of course, when anyone points out that this “lack of support” is actually harmful, they get dismissed as being too aggressive and disrespecting someone’s religion/opinions. I’m sorry, but you don’t get an opinion on who does or doesn’t deserve human rights, no matter how much you want to sugar coat it and hide behind cherry-picked, poorly-translated verses that originally had nothing to do with being LGBTQ+. I’m fine with people practicing their religion in a way that doesn’t hurt other people, but the second you use it as an excuse to be a massive hypocrite, I stop being okay with you or your version of your faith.

If standing up for the right thing is disrespectful toward religion, then I say Hail Satan.

If you’re going to prattle on about how you don’t support LGBTQ+ people, at least be honest about the garbage you are supporting.

12 Likes

Oh. That sounds awesome!

1 Like

Yea my friend drew a dragon for today! She’s yet to ink the sketch… so just good luck with that

1 Like

I wanna rant that I’m bored and want people to request on my art thread so I have a reason to do something lol

1 Like

Wow. I wish I could draw.

Rambling

We ask to be treated with respect yet we fail to do the same with others.
We claim to hate fake people yet we are just as fake.
We say we hate drama yet we add fuel to the fire.
We say we hate bullying but we put others down.
We say we want representation but fail to educate others on it.
We say we are fair yet we are still prejudiced and discriminate.
We say we want peace but we are always causing rifts.
We say we want others to open up about their problems yet we complain get they actually do.
We say we’re open-minded but we’re quick to shut down the opinions of others.
We say we hate to be ignored but are appalled when someone feels the same, labelling them as attention-seekers.
We say we hate when someone ruins our day or makes it worse but fail to acknowledge when we do the same.
We say we want friends but refuse to interact with others.
We say that we want forgiveness but refuse to give it to others.
We say that we have made mistakes but are merciless when others do the same.
We say we want to understand but we never listen or try.
We say we want to be heard but we never speak.
We say we want to make a change but we never act.

We say a lot of things… We want a lot of things… But what about what we are thinking? Are our actions false? Or is it our thoughts? Maybe it’s something rooted in our subconscious? It’s in the human nature to lie and deceive but what if it gets to a point where you’ve fooled yourself? What then?

We are so quick to put the blame on others but when it falls to us, we never want to accept it. We are so quick to judge others and jump to conclusions but have we looked at ourselves? We all have flaws but when you’re so busy pointing the finger at others, you forget to take a hard look at yourself. There’s nothing wrong with accepting our flaws, it’s a part of us and it helps us grow but when we fail to do so and perceive ourselves as perfect, then we begin spiralling downwards. That is not to say we have to ignore our good qualities, be proud of them but there is always more than one side to a person. We are not comparable a coin; double-sided, the human nature is far more complex, perhaps more than we think. How can we claim to understand those around us when we barely understand ourselves?

These words may make no sense, they barely do to me. They have plagued my mind for a while, the community has become so toxic it could be classed as an official subtype of pollution, one which poisons the mind and could even deteriorate a person’s mental health. Most of us are still kids which means we’re still developing and are more prone to being affecting by certain things but we fail to recognise the importance of this stage in life and the social and environmental factors that come into play. It’s sickening to see how quick some of us are to tear others down when we claim to lift up others. How we are so quick to pick on people’s flaws but hesitant to admit to their good qualities. Everyone has a bad side but sometimes I believe we can bring out that side in others. If someone’s done something wrong, as horrible as it could be, we never take precautions not avoid the situation from escalating and sometimes, we confront others in a way that can make us just as terrible and I must question: why must we do this to ourselves? Using horrible methods and attitudes won’t solve horrible problemsz Why is there a need to throw shade? Why is there a need to attack? Why is there a need to gossip? Why can’t we calmly tell someone when they are in the wrong and try to steer them in the right direction before anything else? Why is hypocrisy part of the human behaviour?

If we learn by example then will we copy the toxic behaviour? Two negatives don’t make a positive, so why are we trying to fight fire with fire? Doesn’t that make it all blow up?

Perhaps that is because it’s easier. The mind takes the easiest way out. It’s a lot easier to put down someone and yell at them for being wrong rather than taking the time to choose your words to talk it out, isn’t it? It’s a lot easier to spread hate about a person rather than confront them isn’t it? It’s a lot easier to stay the way we are than try to change, isn’t it? It’s a lot easier for us to say a lot of things rather than actually do something, isn’t it?

When will we stop taking the easy way out? When will we wake up? When will we actively try to make a change? Whoever said humans never change clearly didn’t finish the entire sentence. Only we can actively make the decision to change ourselves and our behaviour. We can change but only if we want to. We need to get rid with that external locus of control.

One may argue that there is so much we cannot control but fail to see how much we can actually change. Words are powerful enough to cause harm but words alone cannot bring about the changes we want…

I’m tired of these overbearing thoughts which always seem to be accompanied by a contradicting thought. At first I believed I was to indecisive but I soon realised that it is because there are endless amounts of perspectives we overlook everyday…

I’m disappointed, in a lot of people and especially myself. For not setting them straight or opening my mouth. Being a bystander is awful and in some situations, repulsing if you do not even think of trying to better the situation. I’m leaving for a while anyways. I highly doubt I’ll return so I’m leaving all my PMs. I’ve also stopped them from coming because I’d rather not discuss nothing but, that is my rant.

Ahem, disclaimer: I do not only mean the forums, this includes real life and the forums AND this is not why I am leaving so you can just ignore this…

15 Likes

i really hope you come back everyone is confused and worried about you . but if its your decision to leave for a while then i wont force you to stay . stay safe.

4 Likes

@dqrkskin I want to rant that I miss you we never talk :frowning:

2 Likes

Sae… I’m sorry. I didn’t know you felt this way. Come back when you feel in the better state of mind. We will all miss you.

3 Likes

i want to talk toyou too :_( i just thought you were always busy and didnt want to bother you :sleepy:

1 Like

ALSO l KEEP PROCRASTINATING WHEN I SHOULD BE WRITING MY ENTRY FOR THE COLLEGE DAYS CONTEST :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

wHAT

1 Like

Mood

2 Likes