♥ the ranting thread. (V2) ♥

Also, if I tell my teachers. My dad says that if I do he would hurt me.

2 Likes

You really should hon especially if he’s saying mess like that.

4 Likes

…actually, it could be helpful, if they ignore you you can go straight to the police. If you are still scared of talking to a guidance counselor then I’d suggest sticking attempting to call CPS or another service from a friend’s phone or public phone, or maybe looking into contacting them online from a friends computer or library computer.

5 Likes

So there’s an election coming up in Sweden which is pretty exciting for me. I’m very interested in politics and this is the first time I will be allowed to vote so I’m taking it very seriously. Growing up, my opinions were considered a bit radical, at least in the eyes of my family who had little interest in the world of politics. I don’t consider myself a radical, I just have a strong opinion and aren’t afraid to speak it.
Because there’s an election coming up, many people are discussing the different political parties and what they will vote on. As per usual my opinion is completely different from that of my family and my friends, which is okay since we are all allowed to have our own opinions. One of my best friends are voting on the party I like the least but instead of calling her names, which one of my other friends have resorted to, I ask her why she is voting on them. Unfortunately, many others, even some I barely know, don’t show me the same courtesy. Instead, they will go on a rant why the particular party I will vote on sucks and why it makes me a horrible person for even considering them. Even my own mother told me that I wasn’t allowed to vote on them. (I told her that it wasn’t up to her and she admitted that it was wrong of her to say something like that.)
The issue I have is not that people are arguing with me, I know a lot on countless subjects concerning the election and are ready with at least a dozen counter-arguments. What I can’t stand is that so many people don’t seem to take any time to check whether certain news they read on Facebook is true or not and will then use it as an argument. I don’t know how many people I have had to tell that they have been ill-informed and then explain to them that things they think they know are wrong. I’m not asking people to think as I do, but please show some consideration and respect for other’s opinions and please don’t believe every single thing you read on social media without taking time to check the source.

It got much longer than I planned but oh well. Now I’m going to return to my life as a social outcast at least until the election is over and people will stop caring once again.

3 Likes

My mood has been awful for a long time now and quite frankly I’m reaching my breaking point and would just like to hide in a hole. This won’t be as long as my other rants…

Summary

honestly, I’m tired of being let down time after time, even when I have no expectations. I can’t even hold my front as a realistic person right now because it just won’t stop happening. Perhaps that’s why I’m distant from everything and everyone. I really don’t know if I can keep doing it anymore.

All my life, there is only one person who has stuck by me through thick and thin, even after I moved. I know I would do the same when it comes to him. I hate how I’ve changed, I feel as though I have let him down but I’m also scared to see how he has changed that may be why I felt a sort of relief when I didn’t see him. I guess that’s the only shred of hope I seem to have left right now but… I’m fed up.

I don’t want to go back to school in September and I’ve broken off all contact with practically everyone I know. Deleted most, if not all personal social media. I really don’t want to talk to people right now and maybe that’s for the best because if I don’t talk to people, they can’t let me down…

3 Likes

i wish i could be more active in the episode forums like i used to be but it’s hard when you don’t feel motivated

i feel forgotten and cast aside and i don’t want to be reminded of that so i don’t log on a lot
i want to help out more people here but it sucks when you do your best and you don’t even get the bat of an eyelash

its a selfish reason and i have to learn to get over it, i feel the same kind of phenomenon repeating from when i was on the forums in 2015. it’s just this perpetual cycle of feeling loved and unloved and i don’t like it. i hate wanting to feel validated for everything i do. i want to be able to be content with solitude and being a lurker. i have dreams that are too big to accomplish

7 Likes

Hey guys! I’m making two posts tonight bc one of these is medium sized but ranty (below) and the other thing is happier but like 1/4 mini rant and the rest of it is like 5 paragraphs of happier stuff, so idk read whichever. This explanation was very unceccesary.

Ranty Bit

OKOK so I start school on the 6th next month and I’m very nervous because I’m going into honors english so that means I get one more summer reading book than people in accelerated, two more than cp classes, making my total 5 books including the 400 PAGE SCIENCE BOOK ON THE PERIODIC TABLE that I have to read for chemistry. I read the general sophmore book (Lord of the Flies, it sucked oop) aaaaand that’s it. I don’t own any of the other ones either so that’s nice. Last year I was in accelerated english and we IMMEDIATELY began working on summer reading stuff. Back then I was actually smart and read all of the books (except the school wide one but we didn’t even touch on it so whatever) but this year I haven’t and I only have like 2 or 3 weeks to read 1081 pages (yes I just did the math). And I know I could just use sparknotes or shmoop or whatever but I really don’t like doing that kind of stuff because it makes me feel cheap for some reason. One of the books is only 137 pages so maybe I’ll read that last? I don’t know.
I’m super proud that I’m in honors english because it’s my only honors class and it makes me feel smarter, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to take the pressure. School hasn’t even started and I’m already freaking out about it. Last year I had serious mental breakdowns whenever I had to write an essay (but those 95s are sooo worth those HOT depressive episodes hahaha yea) and I really don’t want to go through that again. It’s probably inevitable but a girl can dream. I hope I don’t have to switch out or anything.
Also I just want my sophmore year to be good? Freshman year was decent, but I didn’t do any clubs so I kind of just stuck with my same friends I’ve always had until my other friends introduced new people. I make friends in classes, but that’s it. Just friends in class. When we’re outside of school I don’t even talk to them. I despise making plans because I’m always terrified that they’ll be bored or something won’t work out or literally anything could go wrong. That’s why I’m always sitting in my room all day on my computer playing games. My best friend is the glue of our friend group so without her there I’m nervous it will be awkward with my friend, even though I’ve known them all since 1st grade. She’s the only one I can actually make plans with because she can make any situation fun. My family always complains about how I do nothing and I hate that I do nothing too. I’m wasting away as summer goes by. It sucks, but I just can’t do anything about it. Yay.

1 Like

Oof here’s the happier thing sorry if you read all of this unecesary garbage I just wanted to talk about it and get it off of my chest I guess. (It’s like 7 paragraphs. 2 are v long, but the rest are average/medium.)

Happier Stuff!!! (this is kinda long btw)

So I’m happy to say that I’m becoming more comfortable with my sexuality! I’m pretty sure I’m bi* (I personally use the term “bi-curious,” but I know I’m just bisexual. I know some people find that term offensive though, but it’s just what I feel really comfortable with for some reason?) I have a preference towards guys though. My best friend is actually the same way. She came out to me in like June, so I hope I can come out to her eventually so I can have someone in the same boat as me. (some homophobic stuff in the blurry bit) Sadly her parents are pretty homophobic (her mom actually vomited when she found out she was bi). So I’m a bit hesitant because of that fact. But my parents (or at least my mom) are super understanding. I haven’t come out to anyone because it just feels so weird? Like there are moments when I’m like “aw yeah no ur bi” but whenever someone brings up that kind of stuff or I just think a lot about it I’m like “weellll I don’t know, maybe you just find girls pretty hot but you aren’t romantically attracted to them y’know.” So that’s why I don’t know how seriously I should take the label and all that stuff. (I know labels aren’t necessary but I feel comfortable labeling so yea woop)

BUT ANYWAYS here’s a happier story because I said this would be HAPPY:
So I play this game series called Danganronpa, and all of the characters are amazing and I love them a lot. I call all of the girls characters my “wifes” (ik it’s wives but that’s how i say it so that’s how i type it) and the guys my “husbands.” I have a lot more wifes because the girl characters are all so amazing and beautiful and stunning and I love them so much. Like the guys are fine but the GIRLS!! The girls.

So I was telling my mom about the game’s characters and plot and I was saying “so yeah I call all of the girl character’s my wifes.” And my mom kind of laughed and she was like “That just sounds so gay.” And It was just really funny? Because it’s like yeah that;s kind of the point bc I’m v gay for these girls. Like my gothic lying wife? Yeah she murdered two people for money but I would marry her in a heartbeat. My precious gamer wife who apparently wasn;t even real and made me cry a lot and accidentally killed someone? She’s so amazing 100% wife material. But anyways we both kind of laughed it off and my mom was like “Ik you’re not gay, WHICH WOULDN’T BE A PROBLEM IF YOU WERE, but I just don’t think you are so that’s why it’s kind of funny.” and I was just like “mhm yeah.”

I think they think I’m gay though? I think the fact that I love drag race and know a lot about the gay community kind of tips them off? And one time at easter my sister was explaining this april fool’s joke they were going to play on my dad at dinner where they pretend one of our cousin’s came out as gay (we all suspect he’s gay, but he has a girlfriend so idk probably not). When she explained it to me I was like" uhhh wait no is that okay? Idk if I like this…" and then she went away and I could hear her telling my mom about my opinion in her room (we love walls with no insulation mmmm) and my mom was like “did she hear our conversation???” And my sister was like “No I don’t think so.” And I’m p sure that whatever that conversation was, it didn’t have anything to do with the joke. Which, by the way, ended up being a lot better than I expected. My aunt faked an email from our uncle saying that he had a big announcement at the family reunion and he wanted people to be accepting of it. My aunt claimed it was about the family company, but they tricked my dad into arguing with her and claiming it was about my uncle’s son coming out. It was actually kind of funny so that’s nice.

Also whenever I do come out., my mom has said that she’ll be super accepting. She doesn’t know much about the lgbt+ community, so sometimes I have to educate her on some stuff. One night she was saying that she was confused on how bisexuality exists and how people can’t just “go one way or the other,” and then I was like “bc they just can’t ma what do you mean.” And later that night she was like “I love you even if you’re bisexual or whatever that means.” and that just made me very happy knowing that I have a very accepting and kind mom.

*I’m putting an asterisk here because I know recently the definiton of bi has been clarified to be more like what people say is pansexuality. I refer to bi as just liking guys and girls, but I guess the general definition might apply to me too? I’ve seen it before, but it’s just kind of hard for me to understand for some reason. Like the words just don’t register right, idk. But yeah idk if this was necessary.

Extra story thing! The reason why I just decided to make this little post is because I just found a clip from the mean girls musical and it’s during the song “Someone Gets Hurt” and honestly? Regina George is so hot? And that voice? I almost died I swear to god wow. I was watching it and I was just like “oh…no yeah you’re definitely into girls in some way she’s so hot.” So yeah. Her voice is so amazing idk how Taylor (the girl that plays regina) is so talented her voice makes me like…melt. It’s insanse ugh. Like when she’s singing rignt to Aaron? Murder me wow. Like if you have a hot voice there’s a 85% chance I will fall in love with you. (that;s why I have so many fav game characters. they all have v hot voices ugh). So yeah this is the story about how regina george helped me discover my bisexuality have a good night!

1 Like

@minoru
If you want you can PM me and I will help you out

1 Like

I think I get where you’re coming from.
For the past 4-5 years I’ve pretty much agreed with my friends on which political party I think is best. But as things in our society have changed, I’ve begun to move in a different political direction than my friends. I still stand by what I think but I also know that if said I didn’t agree with them as much anymore, they’d rant about how wrong I was and I think one of them would see me in a whole different light since I’d be supporting everything she has fought against her whole life.
I get that politics always comes with discussions but I’m tired of not being ‘allowed’ to have a different opinion just because my friends think it’s not the right one. I will gladly listen to why they’re supporting a certain political party but I expect them to listen to my reasons then, too.

2 Likes

okay so there was this post of portia and ellen celebrating their ten year anniversary. and i saw this comment of a “god page” saying its wrong to me gay. so naturally i argue with him because love is love amirite? and then we’re done arguing because i ended it by saying “even if being homosexual is a “sin” god will forgive them.” and then this flat earth page comes out of no where and tells me im dumb for believing being gay is not wrong and i need to go to church. so i kept telling him to stfu because he has the worst grammar and spelling and keeps insulting me while he keeps telling me to “go back to kindergarten.” then the “god page” comes out of no where and tells me not to talk to the flat earth page like that and I respond “so its okay for him to call me dumb and stupid LMFAOO” and then this other page comes out of no where and tells me im stupid too and then he asks me whats the diameter and radius and a cone and the second im about to reply the post is deleted. funniest shit that happened to me.

3 Likes

That sounds so annoying. First the blatantly homophobic person then the flat earth person coming to defend them. This is going to sound annoying but I’ve done that before, so: I just wanted to tell you it’s almost impossible to change a homophobic person from being homophobic. I’ve tried it before. They are so not worth your time or attention, they have nothing better to do with their time than comment hate anonymously. Since they’re going to be stubborn and super rude, try to just report them. Then you can come and rant here if you’re still frustrated.

(Also what, do they understand geometry? What separates cones is their radii/diameters, and height. In what world are all cones identical? [oh, a flat world])

3 Likes

Bruh, I cannot take flat earthers, homophobes, etc. seriously. They’re in the same category of dumb in my eyes :joy:

3 Likes

Aha, that is surreal though. The things that people type sometimes baffles me to another level. My friend saw this dude who was like SCIENCE IS A LIE! He has this billboard full of flat Earth memes and conspiracies about scientific fakery. Lol I wheezed that day :joy:

3 Likes

Thank you so much but I think I’ve calmed down now that I’ve let that out :heart:

2 Likes

Ok thanks for telling me and if you need advice you can come to me
@minoru

1 Like

Thank you so much, I’ll be sure to take you up on that offer

1 Like

PREACH :grin:

1 Like

So… This is my first time ranting here.

Click me for a rant about my life!

So… I met my best friend - we’ll call her Abby - in 2nd grade. Life was good, I was a happy carefree child. Until 3rd Grade.

Starting in third grade, we would be taken out of one class a week for Gifted and Talented.
I always lived for those Wednesdays where I could skip math, because I had a horrible class with a horrible teacher and horrible kids who would never behave, so most of our time was spent waiting for our teacher to try and discipline some of the troublemakers.

There was this one girl named Linda (fake name) that was the worst.
She pretty much verbally tortured my from the first day of school onward.
I requested not to be put in any of her classes for fourth grade, so I got a break, but back to third grade.

Linda turned some of my best friends against me, and suddenly people I wasn’t even friends with were stopping me in the hallways, bumping into me so my stuff would fall everywhere and then step on it, stuff like that.

I didn’t learn a thing that year, because we were taught basically the same stuff from 2nd grade.

I wasn’t doing any of my work in class, I just sat there and read. Book after book, page after page. I read everything from picture books to Hiroshima . I discovered suicide through books. I wondered what it would be like to just… die.

Again, this was in third grade. I was 9.

When my teacher would assign books for reading, I would ask for harder books to try and challenge myself.

His response, and I’ll never forget it:

“Hmm… Interesting. I’ll think about it.” He never got back to me on that.

Back to books. When I was reading my books, work would get passed out, and I would just shove it in my desk and pray that my teacher wouldn’t notice.

He did.

My parents were called in for a conference.

After the conference, I told my parents almost everything.

I never told them I wanted to kill myself.

So my parents reported my teacher.

After that year, my teacher got fired.

Since then, I’ve had depressing moments. I’m pretty sure I don’t have depression… But then again I just moved and I started high school 1.5 weeks ago. I’ve found a good group a friends, but I’m worried about my friends who are 1,000+ miles away. I think I might be developing an eating disorder, but I know the signs so hopefully I can stop myself. If not, I’ll get help.

More in the next one.

My Friends

This isn’t really a rant, more like just something I need to say…

I think my friend is depressed.

I also think she has an eating disorder.

I’m really worried, her mom’s really worried, our other friends are worried…

She says she’s depressed, but I can’t tell if she’s joking or not. She hardly eats anything, and if she does it’s junk food and it’s a whole lot of it. She doesn’t take care of her body very well anymore, as in not showering for 2 weeks. It’s stressful to move, but in some ways It’s harder for the people left behind because they have to deal with the emptiness in their lives. At least I got to start over.

My other friend… I don’t know about her.

My adorable friend is okay, I think…

And my last friend is doing okay.

Episode Rant

Three words: In My Bed.

Thanks for listening :sparkling_heart:

XOXO,
The Queen :heavy_heart_exclamation:
Anna of Hearts

3 Likes

Anna that sucks but I promise you things get better,

and as for your friend, make sure to be there for her and take care of her. She needs you.

In my bed… one word: NO like wtf episode

#lit #Awesome
Queen :fire: :sunglasses:

2 Likes