The Realist's Thread

This is a thread where we “spread positivity”, if you didn’t get that, it was sarcasm.

We are neutral here! No need to be positive and/or negative! Let’s be realist :wink:

How does being a realist affect your life? How do you deal with certain things? What is your reaction to certain subjects?

10 Likes

I’d like to adress an issue like this:

This was closed and people were flagged for pointing put the abuse of the flag system and unfairly silencing and suspending people when there are still trolls, racist, and discrimitory people running around freely on here.

9 Likes

I am only pointing this out because people were being realist! They weren’t being negative nor positive. As a realist, I like to point at the pros and cons of most things. Like: How will this mess me up or benefit me?

6 Likes

Agreed! We should not respect trolls or racists because "spread positivity :sparkling_heart: "! How can I respect someone who doesn’t respect me?! How can I spread positivity when my every move is being attacked with negative thoughts by trolls?!

9 Likes

You are allowed to post it here. :slightly_smiling_face:

Trolling is a huge problem and is a subject, thank you for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

People aren’t born good or bad. People are born with a blank slate, and evil is made. :imp:

6 Likes

What makes you think so? (creating convos)

1 Like

Even though children can have different capacities for evil depending on the individual, a person becomes evil after their mind gets abused by life and they’re too weak to overcome it.

Some people deal with similar abuses of the mind, but they’re strong enough to not succumb to darkness ^^

OMG I don’t know how to say this like a realist. XDXD This isn’t a thread for me. I’m too optimistic, LOL

3 Likes

I somewhat agree. I do believe that people can be born good or evil, but their behavior is reinforced. As you said, they can get abused.

I also think that “good” or “bad” is an opinion. I mean, I think some things are bad, along with other people. Like rape or murder. While other people might think it’s good and think we’re the bad people, and vise-versa. Villains in movies sometimes act like this if you think about it.

Lol and same, I don’t know what I am. Sometimes I am too pessimistic and other times I am too optimistic.

3 Likes

I think people are born naturally good, it’s their choices that change them.

2 Likes

Aww…see? That’s such a precious thing to say ^^ <3 <3 <3 <3 Very optimistic <3 <3 <3 <3

1 Like

I don’t really believe in fate, I think it’s karma that shapes our path.

1 Like

:joy: You kill me :laughing:

1 Like

#CurrentYear

amiright?

3 Likes

I think spreading your voice out is necessary. But, we should do it in a way that is positive and effects, NOT affects.

I know that most of us people here are sad, disappointed, hurt, stressed…maybe even depressed and abused! And we want to pour out our frustrations somewhere.
And this somewhere just so happens to be our fellow goody-goody Episode Forums.
But, we as forumers have the duty to make this community a friendly, cool and welcoming place. So that the new people joining here feel comfy and easy to come in and not find it toxic to join.
Now, back to voicing our opinions – we should speak them in a way that sounds encouraging to the crowd…and not directly straight out negative, uncomfortable or hurtful. See this from the point that you are posting your views in an overly social site, read by many different types of people around the world. Post them in such a way that trolls won’t be able to flag them!
I mean, let’s say that if you were to be a fortune-teller, you would say, “You will live longer than your near and dear ones.” rather than “Your near and dear ones will die before you.” to your listener. After all, we like positive and happiness, not negativity and bad stuff, right?

And I know you must be thinking, “That’s so easy for you to say, AS. But, I have thousands of other problems to suffer from! I NEED TO RANT/SHOUT IT OUT!!!” Same here, buddy. Every one of us have thousands of problems. But, what makes us different is the strength or resonance in us to suffer those problems by ourselves.

So, um, I hope I sounded pretty realistic? No? Well, mhm, okay…

3 Likes

I specifically said spreading positivity is not welcome in this thread, this is a thread about realism, if you want optimism go open yourself one.

3 Likes

One of my philosophy professors at university worded it like this: Pessimists are realists, optimists are illusionists. We all know Murphy’s Law. So we should always try to look at things from different angles to make sure we are not biased or prejudiced, either positive or negative. We still are subjective, but we get a fairer and more neutral perspective of things, and to me that’s what realism is about. :sunglasses:
That said, I have to add: @ELx, be nice to @AS007. :point_up:

2 Likes

Lets adresss this

I don’t have to be nice to her, in fact, I wasn’t even rude. This isn’t a thread about positivity, if you want one there’s multiple ones you can choose from. Leave the only thread alone please.

2 Likes

But some people are just positive. You did not have to be rude. Sometimes realism is positive as well.

4 Likes