The Romantisization of Serial Killers on Episode

yeah, i read this story where the mc was an assassin. the li did meet her because of the job, but it wasn’t like exactly what you put down:

instead they focused on personalities and the drama between having that specific teacher-teacher’s assistant relationship and having the night boy there.
edit: and the fact that the mc had a secret life, that’s important too💀

if it’s some backstory, i guess it’s somewhat tolerable? but not if it gives off a bad message😩

1 Like

With stories where the MC and LI kill together, I really have no comment. Like ok, be psychos together. But with some stories when the LI forces the MC to kill someone before they get together, that just bothers me. :woman_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

wha-:anguished:

well-…bonnie and clyde vibes ig?:smiley::+1:

not judging but i truly don’t understand who finds that attractive? “oh, he’s insane! i LOVE him!!!” we’re not trynna be the harley quinn to joker, like wthhhhhh😭

he made her crazy and ending up leaving her (in the movies at least):skull:

2 Likes

I will admit I kinda liked the suicide squadversion of them (Harley Quinn and Joker) but your right. Being involved with someone who controls you, enjoys killing and doing all that toxic/ pyscho things for no reason is not cute. I wish there would kind of be more healthy relationships on the app.

1 Like

And not underage ones! Like teacher and student :woman_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

I think everyone knows how dangerous weapons can be which is one of the reasons why I dislike them and why I dislike the thought of anyone using or carrying them whether its self defense or not.

There are things that can be done without the need to carry a knife or a gun in the streets.

People need to realise that when u carry a knife/gun/etc, u are automatically made a target for gangs etc since they like the challenge for some weird and creepy reason :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Anyway, with any weapon…if u are in danger, having that weapon makes the situation escalate 10x - 100x worse than it was at a much quicker rate. (:

1 Like

wym?

That’s wrong on so many levels and I don’t read them due to how inappropriate and creepy they are (:

Um, what are you talking about?

edit: are you explaining the knife and gun thing you said or my joker and harley quinn comment?

idk how to pm people :sweat_smile: But basically, The Birth of a Nation is a really infamous film/screenplay/novel that depicted really negative stereotypes on black people and glorified American values (and the force necessary to maintain those values). It inspired the rebirth of the KKK irl as well as sparking racial tensions. I use this example bc this film makes a huge mark on American history, and it’s a good example on how fiction can effect real people’s lives.

2 Likes

oop-…:smirk:

:dizzy: everyone should read it when it comes out :dizzy:

~
~
~
new reply

same tbh, i just adore harley quinn/margot robbie with all of my heart. they’re just super entertaining to watch, but at least their relationship isn’t really purposely being portrayed as “cute”.

they were called crazy, and it’s understandable how some may like the relationship (the king and queen of gotham) but “birds of prey” showed women power, and the ugly side of breaking up with mr. j…

it also illustrated how deeply in love harley was, and how she was being manipulated. idk, they did pretty well with that imo🤷🏻‍♀️

2 Likes

Off topic, in the comics I love how she got with poision ivy. Much better!!

1 Like

Gangs challenge each other for some psychotic reason. They like to earn themselves titles like 'biggest gang’or in the case of some mafia leaders ‘King of whatever city’.

If u carry a weapon, gangs see u as a threat and a challenge. Why? Idk but it always causes someone to get hurt. And more often that not, you’ll be on the floor not a member of the gang since the gang will outnumber u since it would be one against however large the gang is. (:

1 Like

I’m explaining the knife and gun thing (not your Harley Quinn thing (:

1 Like

that kinda adds on to women power tbh, but idk the comics…

hopefully poison ivy treats harley better than the joker🥺

1 Like

Bro the joker treated the prettiest, loyalest queen like crap. And for what? Harley was way to pretty for him anyway. :rofl:

1 Like

thank you so much.

and i agree this is a too far one example and I said so there are stuff as too far and that’s why on episode we just report these to the episode team. again i’m only talking about episode. since this is the platform we are on. but when it comes to mafia stories and romanticising death and murder i think everybody knows or has already informed their children (let’s not forget it’s a PG-13 app) that this is not realistic. Plus episode it’s whoever we make it an “kid’s” app based on app ratings it shouldn’t but it is so it’s I think it’s already portrayed in someone’s mind not to get too into it

1 Like

I’m not really understanding where you’re coming from. Just bc someone knows something is a piece of fiction doesn’t mean they know better than to romanticize it, bc they will. And I see it so many times with people romanticizing s*icide. It’s the same with murder

1 Like

I agree, I think people would still romanticize it even when they know its fiction and not a topic to be romanticized (:

1 Like

i haven’t read a story that does but I am aware of it and I agree it’s 100% wrong. And I think I understand your point. but my point was that everyone should be allowed to write whatever they want as long as it stays subtle and not crossing lines since that was the original question on the topic. but i totally understand now what you mean.

2 Likes