The RP/SG Awards: Introduction & Nominations [NOW CLOSED]

Ladies, gentlemen, and gender neutral RPers, it’s that time of year again.

The RP/SG Awards are back! For those of you who were around for the first, I’m glad to see you again. For those of you who’ve never been in it before, welcome! Be prepared to experience more love for this cult- I mean family- than you ever thought possible.

But I can’t pull off the magic alone. I’m looking for a few helpers (two to four) to assist me a little this year.

I will be taking on the majority of what goes on behind the scenes, but I’ll expect helpers to undertake a few little tasks from time to time. These will include editing posts, nomination forms, and image teasers I create, creating posts of your own, creating image teasers with me, helping me with an awards schedule, and possibly more. If this sounds like a lot, remember the work will be divided between you and a few others.

If you volunteer to be a helper, I fully expect you to be able to be active for at least the next month or so- you can NOT drop out (unless there’s an emergency IRL). Helpers should be open to taking and receiving honest and constructive feedback, active, and passionate. I’ll be selecting my helpers based on multiple factors. To volunteer to be a helper, comment here or DM me on either forum site sometime within the next five days.

I’m beyond excited y’all- grab your snazziest gifs and begin writing your most heartfelt acceptance speeches- let’s make these awards as great as our RPs have been this year :heart:

Fangirl screams I’m so excited for this! Last year awards were amazing and I’m sure these ones will be just as great if not better!

I would volunteer as a helper but you know I’ve been pretty busy lately so i don’t think I would be able to help you (I’m sorry). I’m eager to see what you come up with :3

YESSSS A CONTINUATION OF WHAT WE STARTED

ILL HELP YOU @Lady-Mehek

It’s heereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I may or may not be able to help but I shall have to finish my work and stuff before I can finalise my decision to help 0_o

AHHHHHHHH I can’t wait hehe

Can i be your helper ?

I would love to help out!! - I can be active all the time :blush:

Ooh, this will be my first RP/SG awards ever! So excited! :dancer:

I was finally able to log in again, and I must say I’m SOOOO excited for the awards this year!

I don’t think I was here for the last one, but I’m definitely excited to see how this goes!

Do you hear that?

That is the sound of distant screaming- no wait it’s getting closer.

ITS HERE! raptor screech

ITS FINALLY HERE! AWARDS :smiley:

I’ll totally be glad to help out ~
I can be active like 24/7

I would like to help!

I wasn’t in this last year, so I’m eager to participate in this year’s RP/SG Awards. I would volunteer to be helper, but my life has been hectic lately and I’m sure there are forumers out there who deserve the opportunity more than me. I can’t wait to see how this will turn out, and I’m so glad that you’re hosting it, Mehek! ^-^

little baby bump, and a reminder that you have two days left to volunteer until I choose my Helpers!

i’d definitely help out! let me know if you need it xx :slight_smile:

YES, I am happy to say that I would be able to help YAYYYYYY :blush:

First of all, I’d like to thank those of you who expressed enthusiasm for the awards, and those who volunteered to be helpers.

I have chosen four helpers after careful thought and am happy to announce that @EpisodeGirl. @Mashia, @michael, and @starstruck will be helping me this year!

If you were not chosen as a helper, don’t be discouraged- I look forward to seeing you participate in the awards this year! Expect to see nominations in about two weeks :wink:

Since when was this a thing? :scream: Oh my god this is so cool!! Can’t wait to see how this turns out

16%20AM

I remember when I first ventured into this section. I’ll be honest, at first I was afraid of it, I was struck by how amazing everyone seemed and how awesome their writing was. Almost two years, endless RPs, and so many amazing friends later, that still hasn’t changed. I am still struck by the RPs and characters created by every member of this amazing cult- I mean family- and everyone has their own style that astounds me.

From amazing plot twists to beautifully crafted plots, from ideas to improve our section to characters who may as well be essays, from heartbreak to humor, each one of us brings something amazing to this section. Every RPer in this community makes up the community as a whole, which is a unique and amazing experience, one which lets us be our dramatic writer selves with no fear of judgement.

Everyone in this community has worked so hard on their own RPs, has been so wonderfully creative, has been one of the all-around best experiences a writer could have, and so the point of these awards is not to call anyone better than another, but rather to award every single person who devotes time from their life to be a a sister (or brother) in this crazy family of RPers. Every one of you deserves recognition for what you bring, because honestly, it’s amazing.

Wrapping up this slightly emotional rant, I am so absolutely honored to be able to bring all of you the second annual RP/SG Awards. The rules and nominations are below this. Nominations will close when I have enough per category.

Oh, and a special shoutout to @EpisodeGirl and @Mashia for helping inspire some new categories!

RULES:

​​​​​​​1. Every nomination must be for a recent RP/SG/player/character (well except for the inactive/dead categories). In this sense, recent can qualify as active sometime within the last twelve months to ensure all can participate.

1. The amount of nominations per category is specified in each form. This form is anonymous so we’ll be using the honor code- please stick to it and don’t nominate more than you’re allowed to. Only one nomination per category per person.

2. All troll nominations or nominations that do not follow the rules/complete the form in full will be ignored. Sarcastic nominations are alright to some extent, but do not attempt to overwhelm the awards with them or make them win- the point of these awards is recognition, not joking.

3. At some point, I will declare nominations CLOSED and the official voting will begin soon after that. Any category that doesn’t have enough nominations according to me will be cut out.

4. You can nominate something/someone you created, but please take into consideration other RPs/SGs as the point of these awards is to recognize others and not promo ourselves.

5. If you are unsure about anything (IE: If you wanted to nominate an RP but aren’t sure whether it would qualify as a romance or a drama, or if you don’t know what RP a character might be from, etc.) then be sure to PM me as soon as possible so I can help you as best as possible.

If you have any questions or need anything to be clarified, PM me. I would recommend nominating before the end of March so you can refer to the old forums for specific things. You may use either old forums usernames or new forums usernames.

Anyway, without further ado…

Nominate RPs/SGs HERE
Nominate RPers HERE
Nominate Characters HERE

EDIT: the links were broken, I’ve just replaced them, sorry about that for anyone who tried to use them!

EDIT 2: Wow, one of the links was broken AGAIN. That’s also been replaced, but please let me know if you have any issues with them.

Happy nominating!

First! And yay! I’m excited for this! :smiley: