The selection - RP

Charlotte

She woke to find Jonah still sleeping next to her and a smile pulled on her lips. “You really did spend the night.” She murmured, looking over at her watch then back at sleeping, Jonah. He looks so peaceful like that. She snuggled back into bed, Another hour or so can’t hurt right? After all, he had woken up because of her. It was only fair. She knew how much he loved his sleep so she let him rest watching as his chest fell. Even though his hair was a mess and she was pretty sure he was drooling she shook her head and smiled, kissing him before going to bed. Wake up an hour later to take a shower.

@Briar.R

Carson

He pulled her into his arms, spinning her around with a grin. Did she just say she loved me again? He couldn’t ask because she slipped out of his grip again. “Aw, come on. Your penguin is now sad that you left him all alone again.” He pouted, “Why do you always have to slip away?”

@Briar.R

Jonah

I woke up to the sound of running water coming from the washroom as I sat up and rubbed my eyes awake. Still half asleep, I tiredly looked around my surroundings before stretching with a yawn. Oddy. Right, I have to take him on a walk. With Charlotte still in the shower, I snuck back to my room, picking up a now awake Oddy and grabbing the backpack with his things in them. I quickly changed into new clothes before trudging back with a reluctant Oddy in my arms. When I got back to Charlotte’s room, I listened as she finished up in the shower before lying down again, still not ready to get up.
@ScarletSwanHunter

Kathleen

Because I didn’t mean to say that… I didn’t mean to say I loved him, it just came out so naturally. But if it was natural, it means that I meant it. “Just making sure… That you’ll come back for me.” I smiled softly, before stepping back into his arms. It was always me returning to him… I guess I just needed reassurance that he would come to me too. “I won’t leave my penguin…” I reassured with a smile, gently wrapping my arms around his neck. “I’m back… Don’t worry.”
@ScarletSwanHunter

Charlotte

She got out of the shower to find Oddy in bed this time with Jonah who had somehow changed clothes. She sighed shaking her head as she held her towel up. She changed into some fresh clothes before jumping into the bed with Jonah. Maybe just one time won’t hurt… She gently placed a hand on his cheek and kissed him, “Jonah. We’re going for a run remember. Come on love, you gotta come with me.” She said with a smile as she ran her fingers through his hair.

@Briar.R

Carson

He squeezed her tight holding onto her, “Of course I’ll come back to you. I’d be crazy not to. Even if you strap a gun to my head.” He pulled her in, smiling back at her, “And your penguin will never leave you. You know that right?” He said drawing circle on her waist.

@Briar.R

Jonah

I groaned, kissing her back even though I was half asleep as I wrapped an arm around her waist. “But I’m tired.” I sighed before ultimately sitting up. “Fine. We’ll go. Only because I love you.” I pouted, stretching out of bed and strapping on my backpack. “Come on Oddy. I’m dragging you along.” The pug didn’t bother to move as I held him in one arm while using my other hand to feed him his bottle. “Lead the way princess.”
@ScarletSwanHunter

Kathleen

I looked up at him, searching his eyes for any sign of a lie or doubt, but I couldn’t find one. He really would come back to me… “I know… Because he loves me… and I love him too.” I smiled, drawing small circles with my thumbs at the base of his neck. “I just hope he knows that…”
@ScarletSwanHunter

Charlotte

She laughed as he sat up, going to fetch Sally and looking over at him, watching him feed Oddy for a few moments before snapping put of it. “Oh. Yeah right. We were doing that.” She grinned, walking out of the head quarter and down the path to a small Park she had found. Out of habit she started to run down it like she did every morning with Sally at her side.

@Briar.R

Carson

He smiled back, “He does now.” He said planting a kiss on her forehead, “And your penguin will hopefully not forget it ever again.” He said with a large smile as he examined each feature of her face.

@Briar.R

Jonah

“Don’t tell me you forgot already. Because if you did I’m going back to sleep.” I joked before following her to the park. I tried placing Oddy down, with a leash attached to his harness but he didn’t walk, didn’t move forward, but lied down again and I sighed. I knelt down next to the pug. “C’mon Oddy. Follow Sally!” I encouraged, pointing to Charlotte and Sally as they began to run forward. When Oddy didn’t react, I sighed and picked the pug up before chasing after Charlote. “Hey! Wait up!”
@ScarletSwanHunter

Kathleen

He does now…? He didn’t think I stopped loving him… did he? “Good. He shouldn’t.” I smiled, playing with the ends of his hair at the back of his head as I watched his eyes analyze my face. “See anything?” I asked with a small smile, staring up at him. He looked tired, and a bit worn out behind his smile, missing his family and stressing about me no doubt. I moved one of my hands to cup his cheek, gently running it below his eye, over his cheek, then over his lips. “Penny for your thoughts?”
@ScarletSwanHunter

Charlotte

She slowed down her jog when she remembered she was with Jonah, “Oh right! Sorry! I didn’t even think about Oddy.” She slowed into pace with him, “Think you can carry him? Maybe we should go to that lawn over there and see if we can find someway to cheer him up right?” She smiled running the little clearing and sitting down on the grass, “How’s this?”

@Briar.R

Carson

“I see a lot of things actually.” He said back sighing when she asked him what he was thinking about, “How are it must be for you… The fact that I’m the one who put you through all of this and yet you are still here and I still get to hold you…” He shook his head.

@Briar.R

Jonah

I followed Charlotte over to the clearing before sitting down next to her and placing Oddy down. He sniffed the grass for a moment, not knowing what it was before plopping down again. I sighed. “You love plopping down, don’t you Oddy? Look at the grass. It’s fun!” I grinned, running my fingers through the grass in front of him. Oddy only watched my fingers, uninterested. “Guess not… What’s going to cheer you up, huh Oddy?”
@ScarletSwanHunter

Kathleen

“A lot, hm? Like what?” I asked, reaching back into his hair. “Of course I’m still here Carson… I’m never not going to be here.” I reassured with a smile, pressing a kiss to his lips. “It hasn’t been easy, I’ll admit… It hurts sometimes… But you’re worth it.” I reassured, holding him tight. “You’ve gone through a lot… and are still going through a lot… I get that. You have your reasons. But I can’t stop coming back to you. I know the man you are… You love your family so much that you’d join the rebels for them… You’re cautious because you’ve been hurt time and time again just because you have such a big heart and sometimes it’s hard for you to trust… But you’ve become such an amazing man compared to your past, and I have to applaud you. Not many would.” I sighed, staring up at him intently, meaning every word. “I love you Carson… I’m always going to come back to you, okay? I don’t want anyone else to hold me…”
@ScarletSwanHunter

Charlotte

“Hmmm…” She thought looking around her and found a stick, “Here boy, you wanna get the stick wanna go get the stick go get it!” She called throwing the twig and yet Oddy didn’t even move. Instead, Sally ran after it and brought it back. “Well… that didn’t work…” She sighed, “How does one get a human out of depression? Maybe we can try that.” She said picking up the pug and hugging it tightly, “You think if I hold him like this he’ll grow happy? You know how when you hug someone they get happier?” She asked with a smile, taking Jonah’s arm and putting it around her was she sat closer to him, “Do you think it’ll work on him. Being hugged by the both of us?”

@Briar.R

Carson

“I don’t think I can list them all you know…” He said with a small smile, “I don’t want it to hurt you, Kathleen. I don’t want being with me to hurt you.” He said frowning. He stared back at her as she talked, only smiling again once she said she loved him back. “I don’t want that either.” He said and kissed the top of her head pulling her into a hug.

@Briar.R

Jonah

I looked around the park nervously for anyone that might’ve been crazy enough to be out at 7 am. Luckily, we were alone. I wrapped my arms around Oddy and Charlotte, and Oddy only used our arms as pillows to rest his head upon. I sighed. “Oh well… This is nice though.” I smiled, pressing a kiss to her forehead. “Charlotte… As much as I hate to ruin the mood… You do know we have to be careful, right.” I said carefully, rubbing comforting circles into her side. “We can’t be caught… Truth be told I left after you fell asleep last night… And I woke up to come back before you woke up.” I admitted, not wanting to keep any secrets with her. “Trust me, I didn’t want to leave, but if someone found my room empty, if someone found me in your bed…” I sighed, tightening my arms around her. “I just dont want anything to happen to us…”
@ScarletSwanHunter

Kathleen

“We still have some learning to do… And it’s never been easy.” I admitted, looking up at him. “But, if you’re in too… I’m willing to stay and learn with you… learn together.” I smiled before resting my head on his chest and hugging him back. “I want us to have a one day… We will have a one day…” I reassured not only Carson, but myself too. “I only want you, Carson Daniels. You and only you.”
@ScarletSwanHunter