The selection - RP

Carson

“Well, I sure hope I know you well after three years.” He chuckled, “I am? Well, I’m even more honoured then.” He smiled and got up with her, “Always did loved cakes in parties, let’s hope we can all finish it because leftovers would be a pain.”

Olivia

“Yes! Pinky swear!” She grinned looping her pinky with his, “We will be the best chefs. People from all over the kingdom will come to eat our food because it will just be that good.” She smiled, “Promise. We will be famous!” She giggled.

Charlotte

“No, we’re actually… kinda good at this?” She chuckled not believing it to much herself since years ago she would have squirmed if she was given one. She sighed looked up from Jake and at Jonah, “I… don’t know anymore… I can’t tell what our future is anymore… afterall this… I just don’t know… I’m not sure… sorry…”

@Briar.R

Kathleen

“Well I definitely wouldn’t mind leftovers, but the benefits of having a large family is having help eat all of this cake.” I joked as the fanily gathered around us and the cake. Together, Carson and I cut the cake and held our slices. “Open wide.” I grinned, feeding him a bite before taking my finger to smear icing on his cheek.

Percy

“Its a deal, partner.” Percy grinned, glad to have a business partner as they watched Carson and Kath cut the cake. “Its a good thing they had the cake made at a different bakery, huh?” He chuckled. “I don’t think we would’ve had time to make an entire wedding cake.”

Jonah

“We are, aren’t we…?” He smiled, and tried to keep smiling as she said she wasn’t sure. “That’s… Thats fair… And I don’t blame you for it.” I sighed, watching as Kathleen and Carson cut the cake. If only our relationship was as happy as theirs. “But… Do you still want one?” I asked, genuinely curious if she still wanted something with me. “Do you still… want a relationship with me…? A someday…?”
@ScarletSwanHunter

Carson

“One of them.” He chuckled and fed her a slice before staring at her in awe as she put frosting on his cheek. He did the same on her cheeks and smirked, kind of tempted to start a food fight with her just for the sake of it now.

Olivia

“One day we will be.” She smiled, “Let’s hope that the bakery actually knows what they’re doing because I swear if this cake isn’t good we’re throwing it off the roof!” She said taking a piece and bitting into it, “Yes. Approved.”

Charlotte

She looked at the cake and licked her lips. She looked down when he asked her the question, “I might be insane, or crazy, or maybe losing my mind but… yeah… I do… I’m just trying to save myself the heartbreak from now if it doesn’t work out…” She swallowed, “But yes, I do still want… something… with you… someday… you’ve done something to me… I don’t like it… but…” She sighed, “You want cake?”

@Briar.R

Kathleen

“Carson!” I gasped, feeling the icing on my cheeks before shaking my head and pulling him into a kiss. I didn’t know which was sweeter; the icing on his kiss. “Truce, love. I know that smirk.” I teased back before feeding him more cake.
“Well isn’t that sweet?” The dj cooed before playing bright music. “Before you all stuff your faces with cake and get too full to move, all you unmarried folk make your way down to the dance floor! Ladies prepare for the bouquet toss and men prepare for the garter!”

Percy

“Mmm chocolate cake.” Percy sighed happily. “They got the fudge just right too!” He grinned, taking another bite. “Hmmm… Do you think we could’ve made a better cake?” He asked curiously, staring at the cake. “I think we could’ve done it, do you?”

Jonah

“Well then, that makes the both of us… That’s all I needed to hear Charlotte.” I smiled reassuringly before standing up carefully. “Cake sounds great. C’mon. You’ve got a bouquet to catch.” After leaving the sleepy twins with their grandmother, we lined up for cake. “Go Charlotte. Try to catch the bouquet.” I smiled. “Good luck. Those women can be scary… I’d watch out for my aunt Heather if I were you.”
@ScarletSwanHunter

Carson

He kissed her back holding her close, “What smirk. I have no clue what you’re talking about.” He pulled her aside and handed her the bouquet, “Alright love, go right ahead. whenever you’re ready.” He smiled looking at the woman and laughing as Charlotte was dragged in.

Olivia

“Oh I bet we could have made a better one with our eyes closed.” She smirked, “I mean, I’m sure it’s not that hard with the right things and such. I know for fact that it should be better than anything anyone can make ain’t that right?”

Charlotte

“That’s all you needed to… wait what does that even mean.” She stood up, smiling at the twins before going after him when he didn’t answer and just told her to catch a bouquet. “Wait, why am I… Jonah what are you doing.” She asked as she was pulled to catch the thing.
She looked at little Iris, “Come here Iris, you and I will suffer around these thirsty women together won’t we.” She laughed as the girls pushed and shoved as Kathleen threw the bouquet and it fell right in Iris and Charlotte’s arms. “Um… Iris caught it?”
The guests all laughed and clapped as Iris giggled.

@Briar.R

Kathleen

“Look at you!” I laughed, walking over to Charlotte and Iris before taking the toddler into my own arms. My niece held the bouquet proudly, waving it around as I smiled at Charlotte apologetically. “Momma! Look!” Iris giggled, reaching for her mother and I passed her along.
“And now for the garter toss!” The dj shouted and I froze. I forgot about that. I gave Carson a nervous look and chewed on my lip before sitting down on a chair that was brought over. “Um… You going to be okay?”

Percy

“Of course it’s right.” He chuckled, clapping when Iris caught the bouquet. “Ooh maybe we should have like… a bakery attached to our restaurant! So there can be a sit down section and a bakery section where people could walk in and just buy something!” Percy grinned excitedly, proud of himself that he thought of something.

Jonah

I cheered for the girls when they both caught the bouquet, and clapped for Charlotte when she returned to the side. “It uh… It was all I needed to hear… Just to have hope again.” I shrugged, giving her a small smile. “And for the record, I wasn’t doing anything.” I admitted as I watched an embarrassed Kathleen take a seat. “God I hate this tradition… It’s so weird. Do I have to try and catch it?” I asked Charlotte with a pout.
@ScarletSwanHunter

Carson

She smiled back, shrugging as if you say, Meh, who wants to get married anyway. She smiled at Helen as she handed Iris back and smiled. Carson knelt down by Kathleen, “I’ve been worse so I think I’m going to be okay.” He laughed and lifted up her dress, “Question is are you going to be alright.”

Olivia

“Oh! We should do that! That way we having cooking and baking in the same place!” She clapped and started plotting, “Oh I wish I had my notebook…” She bit her lip, “Um… just to write this down you know… very… forgetful…” She smiled nervously not wanting him to know that her memory was so bad she nearly forgot her own mother once.

Charlotte

“Hope? And here I thought you were supposed to be my hope.” She chuckled wanting to tell him that hope only hurt more but instead gave him a small smile, “Why do I not believe you.” She teased and chuckled, “Yes you do. You forced me into a place with hungry woman! I could have died!”

@Briar.R

Kathleen

“Y-Yeah, I’ll be alright.” I reassured, turning red. “It’s just a bit weird, you know?” I mumbled shyly before giving him the nod.

Percy

“Oh, that’s okay.” Percy reassured. “Don’t worry, I have really good memory… you know… because I can’t read recipes…” He blushed, still slightly embarrassed. He knew Olivia didn’t mind it, and she was very supportive and helped him alot, but the insecurity wouldn’t leave him. “I’ll remember and tell you later when you have your notebook, okay?”

Jonah

“I know, but… I have dark days too sometimes, princess…” I shrugged, giving her a small smile. It was hard to have hope when I hadn’t seen or heard from Charlotte in months… I didn’t give me much to hold onto. “Hey! They were fed! And you could’ve taken them on easily.” I reassured with a laugh, glad to be joking around with her again. “Alright, alright, fine.” I huffed. “But you’re paying for my medical bills after this.”
@ScarletSwanHunter

Carson

He smiled trying to calm her before lowering down and bitting the garter and sliding it down her leg and tossing it into the crowd. “See now that wasn’t too bad now was it.” He rubbed circles into her leg to calm her down.

Olivia

She blushed nodding shyly, “Yeah, that sounds fair. We can help each other out in that way.” She nodded taking a last bit of the cake as she started to finish it and chewed slowly as she watched the show, “that’s really weird…” She murmured.

Charlotte

“Dark days?” She laughed. Just because of a break, I doubt that. “Not that kind of hungry princey they were more of a, ‘this will make my husband finally commit to me after so many years. He has to do it now’ type of hungry. Huh… we should have had you go in then.” She joked and pushed him into the crowd. “Oh come.” She laughed as Jonah caught the thing and put a hand over her mouth. “Nice shot there Cars!”

@Briar.R

Kathleen

“Yeah… Not too bad…” I smiled, thankful that he made it easy for me before standing up and pulling him up with me. “I love you… Now, did you want to open the presents? Or wait for that till we got home?”

Percy

“That’s what partners are for, right?” Percy asked with a grin. “We help each other.”
Percy watched with Olivia, giving her a nod. “Yeahhh it really is weird… Not too sure why adults do weird things like that, but to each their own.” He shrugged.

Jonah

I raised a brow at her. “Really? Women think a bouquet is going to make a guy commit? How does that even work? Is there like… magic pollen in the flowers? Should I be wearing a gas mask just to be safe?”
My eyes widened in shock as I felt the garter land in my hands before I dropped it to the ground in disgust. “Gross… it’s all warm.” I cringed, handing it back before joining Charlotte. “It’s official. Im traumatized.”
@ScarletSwanHunter

Carson

“I love you too Kath.” He smiled and put his arms around her. “I saw we open them now. I’m too excited to wait!” He grinned.

Olivia

She nodded. “Oh well, let’s just get more cake.” She said gabbing the knife to cut another peice, “How big do you want it then?” She asked with a smile.

Charlotte

“Yes actually some are crazy enough,” She chuckled, “We poison your wine long ago Jonah. You’re already screw, you going to have to commit to someone.” She shrugged, “It’s how we get you.”
She pouted, “Aw, poor wittle baby Jonah. Come here.” She laughed opening her arms and hugging him as she pet his head, “It’s okay baby, you don’t need to think about Carson taking your sisters virginity.” She flattened his hair and pulled his head to her chest.

@Briar.R

Kathleen

“Then we’ll open them now. Anything to see that smile.” I giggled, taking his hand and walking over to the gift table first. “Ooh! The first gift’s from my mom and dad.” I grinned, pulling back the wrapper to find one of those cool electronic mixers I didn’t know how to use. “Woah! Mom, dad, thank you so much!”
“It was your dad’s idea. He know how much Carson likes to cook.” Mother smiled, dad smiling sheepishly from behind her. “Now you can make all the cookies you want!”

Percy

“More cake is always great.” Percy grinned, following her over to the cake. “Hmmm…” He took her hand and moved so if she were to cut down, he’d have a pretty big slice. “Oh uh did you want to share? Then…” He moved the knife again, making the slice bigger.

Jonah

I rose a brow. “You caught the bouquet too. Technically Iris is too young so you automatically get it, you know. Not a fan of the trap, now are you?” I joked, before opening my eyes wide with shock as Charlotte pulled me into a hug. I hadn’t been in her arms in months, and I happily indulged in it. I wrapped my arms around her waist and took in her scent; the same as how I remembered it.
I cringed, hugging her tighter. “God Charlotte that’s like nightmare fuel… That’s an image I could’ve died happy not having.” I frowned. “Carson and my sister tangoing… blegh that’s so weird and gross!!!” I cringed yet again.
@ScarletSwanHunter

Carson

He chuckled, “Thank you. We’ll be sure to use it.” He smiled and opened his mother’s gift. “Oh a pancake and waffle press. Thanks mum.” He smiled kissing her on the cheek. As they opened the present they thanked everyone, “I think that’s the last of them…”
“Ah, ah, ah, you can’t forget me now can you.” Charlotte called and dug into her purse and took out an envelope. “Enjoy your honeymoon, prepayed by yours truly.” She grinned handing it to Kathleen.

Olivia

She turned red, “Share? Yeah I’d love that.” She cut the peice and took two forks handing one to Percy. “Here.” She said and sat down both of them digging in. “You got frosting.” She laughed whipping his cheek.

Charlotte

She rubbed his back jokingly as she laughed, “Aw, did I put a bad thought in your head. Oops. Sorry.” She teased and smiled, “Now then wittle baby Jonah, you better go give you sister your present.” She instructed and pet his head like a cat.

@Briar.R

Kathleen

“Ch-Charlotte you… a honeymoon?? Charlotte, you really didn’t have to…” We didn’t have a honeymoon planned. I didn’t have a job anymore, Carson took a week off, and Jonah agreed to stay with Finley so we could just have the house to ourselves. After buying the house we didn’t have to money for a honeymoon. I opened the envelope, curious as to what Charlotte planned, and gasped. “Charlotte are you kidding me…? Fiji?? I stood up to hug her. “Oh my god Charlotte, thank you so much!”

Percy

“A little frosting didn’t hurt anybody.” Percy shrugged. “Not when we practically bathe ourselves in flour whenever we cook.” He teased, wiping off a bit of icing from her cheek too.

Jonah

“Right… how am I supposed to top Fiji!” I sighed before pulling away. “Don’t forget about me Kath!” I grinned walking over to my sister with an envelope of my own.
I watched with excitement as she opened it up and grinned at the confused look on her face. “It’s a… picture of a dog?” She asked, with a raised brow.
“I got you a puppy! I couldn’t bring her here because she’s just a newborn but I reserved her under your guys’s names! She’ll be ready to take home once you guys get back from your honeymoon. Oh! And don’t worry, they’re a really good breed for families.” I was super excited for my gift; Kath had been wanting a dog of her own ever since the selection ended. And now I got her one. “But if you guys don’t want her, I can remove the reservation and get you guys something else…”
“Carson can we keep her?” Kathleen asked her husband with wide eyes. “Look at her!” She cooed. I couldn’t say no to her puppy dog face, and I doubted Carson could say no either.
@ScarletSwanHunter

Puppy

Carson

Carson blinked at Charlotte, “You got this for us?” He asked and she nodded hugging Kathleen back with a smile.
“Try not to get sand everywhere, because it gets Everywhere.” She explained and looked to Carson.
She signed to Carson over Kathleen’s back. A gift from the rebels.
How did you…
Leon is dead. She smiled at wicked smiled over hers before pulling away from Kathleen and grinning, “I hope you two enjoy it. I think it comes with a private beach house.”
Carson looked Jonah, growing a little pale before smiling at the pup, “I don’t see why not. We’ll take her. What’s her name?”

Olivia

She laughed, “Well when you put it that way.” She paused for a moment see how close they were and pulled away quickly as she turned red. “Yeah… I… Um… So you wanna go back to the kitchen for a bit?”

Charlotte

“What can I say I’m better at gifts then you are Jonah. But for what it’s worth I think a pups a better gifts. Maybe she can be friends with Scout and Oddy.” She smiled pulled a hand on Jonah’s shoulder and resting her head on it, “How you two enjoy.”

@Briar.R

Kathleen

I blushed furiously as I hugged Charlotte back before letting go and shaking my head. “I uh… I think we’ll just… avoid the sand altogether when it comes to that…” I laughed before returning to Carson’s side. “But seriously Charlotte, we really can’t thank you enough.”
“She doesn’t have a name yet, you guys can choose.” Jonah smiled.
“We can choose one later.” I smiled up at Carson, raising a brow when his face went pale. Are you okay?”

Percy

“Y-Yeah… Back to the kitchen sounds like fun.” Percy smiled, clearing his throat as they returned to the kitchen. It felt so much more natural being in there with her, a lot more comfortable. “So what do you wanna do?”

Jonah

“Im sure Scout and Oddy would love a cousin.” I grinned, wrapping an arm around her waist and kissing her forehead as she lay her head on my shoulder before I could stop myself. “S-Sorry… I uh… Got ahead of myself there…” I cleared my throat awkwardly as I gently pulled her onto the dance floor by the waist, the music starting back up again. “Dance with me princess?”
@ScarletSwanHunter

Carson

He smiled up at her pulling her onto his lap, “Im fine. Just a little light headed that’s all. This all so exciting.” He laughed, “Wanna dance Ms. Daniels?”

Olivia

She sat down on the island and looked to Percy, “Let’s just sit here and talk. I like that idea don’t you.” She smiled, “And eat the food, we earned it.”

Charlotte

“It’s fine Jonah, I have you two hours and they aren’t up yet.” She said and put her arms around his shoulders, “Well we’re already here so I guess I have no choice.” She smiled and they swayed.

@Briar.R

Kathleen

“I’d love to, Mr. Daniels.” I smiled, following him to the dance floor. As we swayed along to the music, I rested my head on his chest, just happy to be in his arms. “I love you… You know that?”

Percy

“Sounds fun.” He grinned, hopping onto the counter next to her and pulling over a plate of spare appetizers. “We can’t let these go to waste, can we?” He smirked, handing her one and taking one for himself. “Cheers.”

Jonah

“I’ll enjoy every minute, then.” I smiled softly, bringing her closer. I had to enjoy every minute with her because once two hours were up, she’d be gone again. I buried my head into her neck, gently nuzzling against her as I took in her scent. She still smells the same… ”Just… tell me if you want me to stop… okay?”
@ScarletSwanHunter

Carson

“Really? I haven’t been told at least eight times today from you.” He teased spinning her around. And pulling her close again.

Charlotte

It broke her heart, feeling the way he held her and nuzzled her neck. Burns. Burns. She swallowed leaning against him and resting her head on his shoulder, “Yeah, I’ll do that…” She nodded running her fingers through his hair and kissing his shoulder. “You tell me when to stop as well.”

@Briar.R

Kathleen

“I vowed I wouldn’t stop, didnt I?” I grinned, holding him close as he pulled me back. “We’ve got our one day… one of many.” I sighed, wondering if I was just dreaming.

Jonah

I have no intention of doing that. “Alright… I will…” We continued to sway and I slowly pulled away to rest my forehead against hers. I let one hand cup her cheek and I gave her a small smile. This used to be so normal… And now it was a gift. I stoked her cheek gently before leaning in. “C-Can I… Can I kiss you?”
@ScarletSwanHunter