The support me option

Is there a template or can someone show me how to add the support me gem choice option. Because I wanted to learn how just in case I add it in my story.

4 Likes

Bump

1 Like

I’m not too sure but here’s a tutorial on gem choices I found:

1 Like

I don’t recommend adding it…People get used to everything being free, and then they accidently click on the gem choice and get mad (I’m saying this out of experience)

1 Like

Oh ok but I meant the free choice at the end of the episode.

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

So would they have to pay gems after episode one too support you? Because readers do not like that

1 Like

No like I read episode stories where you can click the support option but it’s free and cost no gems but it helps you get payment faster.

4 Likes

Oh okay. Then Idk

1 Like

@Sydney_H can you please close this thank you.

1 Like

yea ive done that before! well ive clicked the option before!

i think it helps out a lot because i always support them only with the free option though hehe

i like it, but maybe have a option like ‘Are you sure you want to spend your gems?’ Just so that prevents people from accidentally spending their gems!

2 Likes

Ok thank you :blush:

1 Like

I added this option to my stories and I can recommend doing it :white_heart:

It’s totally up to the reader to support you or not and since they won’t miss anything plot-related if they don’t choose this option, they won’t be mad :blush:

Joseph’s video above shows how to add a gem choice, it’s pretty simple :white_heart:

4 Likes

i sometimes press those choices too, but i am not too bothered with doing so because i don’t use gems anyway. so, i love to support authors that way.

1 Like

the support options are actualy all gem options…just its still in betta testing so for most readers it is visible as a free choice.

The only point to add gem choices is that gem choices help you quicker get the amout of requiered reads for unlocking payment section.

Adding “support me” as a normal choice (without gem option)- that you can of cause do - but it will not support you in any real way.

1 Like

I have gem choices in every chapter and no complaints so far.
It depends on what readers get for the gem choice - if it is something that has value for them (and that is usually not the support of author :woman_shrugging:)

I have a point system in my story - readers need enough points to unlock the special scenes. But with wrong choices, they might not get enoug points so at the end of the chapter they have the possibility to maximize the points.

The minimum for payment is 300 gem choices per 60 days - I usually have 1500-3000 gem choices in this period.

1 Like

I’ve never complained to the author, but I personally don’t like it when they do that that’s all.

Ah I thounght you meant you as author got complain. :slight_smile: All clear now.

1 Like

Closed by OP request. :smiley: