The time it takes to write one episode?

I’m currently working on my first ever story, and I’m still in the process of writing the first episode, so I was wondering the average time it takes to completely finish an entire episode, because I feel like I’m really slow, but I’m trying my best <3 So i would like to know how much time it takes for you guys :slight_smile:

edit : tysm for all the replies and answers, i really appreciate it !!! <3

11 Likes

It depends on you, For me it take about 1-2 day to write 1 episode but It also depends and how much time you have to do it and how advance your scrip is

3 Likes

Oh right, and I have an additional question : how long do you usually prefer the episode to be as a reader ?

3 Likes

It depends how quick or slow u can code…how advanced your script is…how much motivation u have to code and more.

And personally, I prefer episodes to be around 15-20 minutes long (:

6 Likes

The answer to that one is typically 10-20 minutes so there is enough so it feels as though a pass is not wasted and it doesn’t drag.

3 Likes

This is not the correct area to ask for help. You need to make your own thread (:

I’m gonna sound so extra with this but I’ve been working on the first episode for the past 1 MONTH KSHDJ :sob::raised_back_of_hand:
Being a perfectionist really doesn’t help with this unfortunately :pensive: Also as this is the first time I code, it took plenty of Joseph Evans and Dara Amarie tutorials for me to learn :sneezing_face:

11 Likes

I think 10-15 minutes is a good time range. Some people preferer them longer but some people will get bored if it is to long

2 Likes

Well it ultimately depends. It can take you days, like @Tinyxoxo said, or I’ve heard others say it’s taken them several months for one (for planning, redoing, procrastination, the ultimate bff, and advanced directing). I’ve had a little head start for the DL Contest since my story fit the theme, and I’m still in progress in the first episode…I started at the end of January…

I’m probably one of those readers that has an uncommon opinion, but I prefer 13+ minutes of 1 episode. But for others it’s between 8-15 minutes!

3 Likes

I can agree with you there. I started my first story in October 2020 and I’m still coding the first 3 chapters :joy:

6 Likes

And for the main question as others will say it can be really quick for some but it can be slow for others. If you make sure you have enough planned to be able to make your episode long enough and make it something you are proud of. It will make the process much easier, trust me.

1 Like

HAHAHAH don’t worry I feel you!! I’ve been working on my 1st episode for MANYY days now and MANY hours a day, it’s exhausting!! and I’m afraid I will finish the episode and it will only be like 5-10 mins :sob: :sob:

1 Like

Omg finally someone who relates :sob: Istg i avoid this topic because i feel embarrassed, 1 month FOR WHAT? THE FIRST CHAPTER? like- :raised_back_of_hand::pensive:

2 Likes

You should try timing yourself-Like skimming through it as a reader and a moderate pacing with a stopwatch. (I used my phone to time myself, and my laptop to read, or vise versa.)

2 Likes

To write and code it all out? Depends, it can be 1 week when I’m very motivated and have the time for it. It can also take up to 3 weeks when I’m havig less time or I’m less motivated. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I wanna try it but i’m scared :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Sis I was scared too, but turns out it was 10 minutes which was my goal. But worst part was I wasn’t even half way through what I wanted to happen–redo! :sneezing_face:

2 Likes

Honestly even though it takes time, just don’t rush, I know sometimes you want to get over the chapter but rushing it won’t lead to a good chapter yk? Take your time!! If you ever feel bad remember I spent 1 month on the first 3 scenes of the first episode :relieved::sparkles:
Happy writing for everyone!! :heartbeat::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Okay i’ll try it then!! But does the CC and like, the cover art at the beginning count?

1 Like

No-- :frowning: I mean it shouldn’t. It’s based on the actual dialogue and narration right?

2 Likes