The Trending System

So I’ve been talking to other people in the community and we all agree that the “new” ranking system is not beneficial. The stories used to trend based on the fact that the community were enjoying it and reading it (which keep in mind still earns Episode money through ads alone) but now due to the new system, those authors have just faded. Don’t get me wrong the new trending stories are great and the authors have so much talent, but I just wish we weren’t forced to make the choice between trending and our readers. Especially for small authors in the community, you can barely get into the top 5 or 10 in your own genre. Not to mention the fact that authors are moving their stories into different genres because they won’t be recognised in the ones like romance and drama because they don’t have the following. If Episode wants to make more money okay that’s fine, but keep the payments there as an objective and then add another shelf for each genre with the old trending system so that the small authors have a chance and all authors, in general, don’t feel as pressured. Opinions?

• new trending system
  • old trending system

0 voters

6 Likes

Honestly I saw old ranking and trending system. This new one is so against new authors and makes writing on episodes less fun

7 Likes

it’s unmotivating and causing people to leave the community

2 Likes

okay i like the new one. I never rank with the old one. I have with the new one. I am not being greedy with gems. The system is not perfect. Needs improvements. But a single good gem choice can give you a better chance then the old one did.

4 Likes

i find if you’re a small author (like me) if you update more regularly you’re gonna trend for longer. whenever i update i can go from being between 800-1000 in drama to the top 100s. i’m bad at keeping myself up there as i don’t update every week because of school

3 Likes

I have the same problem it takes time to code and I don’t get that time with all the school stuff

4 Likes

I didn’t think about that thanks for the insight :))

3 Likes

I feel like the old one is the best because like April said, I have to chose between wanting to trend and my readers. It’s not fair at all

4 Likes

Honestly, it’s bad for big authors. good for upcoming authors who struggle to trend based off reads alone. And bad for readers, bc they have to pay gems for things they would’ve been able to get for free without the new trending system. And it’s fkin fantastic for episode, because way more ppl r buying gems now they’re used in community stories!

5 Likes

They forced it upon the community and it, unfortunately, culled the number of users. Can’t they just stick to making money off the ads? Isn’t that enough?

3 Likes

Well, tbh, I never spent money on gems before the update, but now w skip the wait, it’s the first time, I’ve ever spent money on episode. & Ik loads of others have too. So, it definitely has worked out for them, no matter how much the community hates it. :white_heart::pleading_face:

2 Likes