✨ The Unofficial Quick Coding Questions Thread ✨

Hey guys! SO if you guys didn’t know, I am currently coding the first 3 chapters of my story, and have already run into a few problems. They are quick questions (at least I think they are) that I am having trouble with (literally the most basic directing when I am using advanced directing haha)

And I was like: “Why not make a thread for coding questions that are small and don’t require a whole topic made for them” (Episode ~ You should make an official thread for this haha)

So that is what this is

If you have a problem that you think is a quick fix, and don’t think you need to make a whole topic for one question, you have come to the right place

5 Likes

Ok so here is my question: In the opening scene of my story, I don’t want the main character to be seen until a precise moment, so I have her walk on screen with her back facing the screen. BUT after she is done walking, I still want her to face away from the screen.
I CANNOT figure out how to make her face “rear” after she is done “walk_rear” -ing

My script atm

&VAL walks to spot … and VAL does it while … then VAL is rear

1 Like

oh wow I’m dumb :joy: thanks

1 Like

I was just about to make a thread like this! Bookmarked

Ok also I have another question that I forgot to ask

So I have a little tappable overlay menu at the end of my episodes, and when the scene starts (before you have clicked any of the buttons) it looks like this:

^^Without any narration bubbles or anything

And then once you click a button the text shows up but it stays there and doesn’t go away:

Does anyone know if there is a way to have the text go after it is read and go back to the default screen?

Here is my script btw:

First, your tappable buttons are really low, and out of the guide box. They might not work on some devices, and 100% won’t work on tablets, so people won’t be able to finish your episodes.

Then, the text will stay on the portal when you finish the episodes, and on the app, if it’s the last episode, and you don’t have the next one after. It’s ok, not a bug.

And the premium choice is coded like:
“Yes, I want to replay this episode”{
Unless, you wanted to show [premium] in the text body of the choice ofc ;D

1 Like

I am trying to make some outfit choices and whenever I put a choice like this } choice 1 { then it tells that there is a } that does not have a match and I can’t figure out how to fix it.

1 Like

send your code to the chat, so we can see the problem.

when i try to put a picture in it says I cant emebed media into the post

2 Likes

Highlight your coding, copy and paste it in the chat.

haha yeah when I put in -17 for the y coordinate I was thinking that didn’t seem right – thanks for letting me know!

yeah but like for the text thing, I was wondering if there was a way to be able to have the text go away after a certain amount of time so that it is easier to see/tap the other buttons ?? idk if that’s a thing or not so I thought I would ask.

I am new to using tappables like this, so I might just go back to a generic choice for the time being until I figure it out. But thanks for the help!!

1 Like

I’m having trouble with the bolded part it says that "There is a { on line 126 that does not have a matching }.

choice (OUTFIT)
“Choice 1” {}
@SUMMER changes into Choice 1
SUMMER
Hmmmmm
choice “I like” {

SUMMER
Ok all done

} “I don’t like” {
redo 1_1_dressinggame

} “Choice 2” {
@SUMMER changes into Choice 2
SUMMER
Hmmm
choice “I like” {
SUMMER
Ok all done
} “I don’t like” {
redo 1_1_dressinggame
}

{} “Choice 3” {
@SUMMER changes into Choice 3
SUMMER
Hmmmm
choice “I like” {
SUMMER
Ok all done
} “I don’t like” {
redo 1_1_dressinggame
}

@SUMMER changes into Choice 3

SUMMER
(That works)
(Better get going don't want to be late)

@SUMMER exits left

There is an extra “}” in that line :relaxed:

Hmm I took away one and now its “Choice 1” { and the same error

1 Like

hmm which line is line 126 ??

the bolded line in the script i sent before

Right before “Choice 3” there is another extra }

Ohhh ok thank you!! :relaxed:

1 Like

no problem! finding coding errors is like the hardest scavenger hunt haha