✨ The Unofficial Quick Coding Questions Thread ✨

haha yeah when I put in -17 for the y coordinate I was thinking that didn’t seem right – thanks for letting me know!

yeah but like for the text thing, I was wondering if there was a way to be able to have the text go away after a certain amount of time so that it is easier to see/tap the other buttons ?? idk if that’s a thing or not so I thought I would ask.

I am new to using tappables like this, so I might just go back to a generic choice for the time being until I figure it out. But thanks for the help!!

1 Like

I’m having trouble with the bolded part it says that "There is a { on line 126 that does not have a matching }.

choice (OUTFIT)
“Choice 1” {}
@SUMMER changes into Choice 1
SUMMER
Hmmmmm
choice “I like” {

SUMMER
Ok all done

} “I don’t like” {
redo 1_1_dressinggame

} “Choice 2” {
@SUMMER changes into Choice 2
SUMMER
Hmmm
choice “I like” {
SUMMER
Ok all done
} “I don’t like” {
redo 1_1_dressinggame
}

{} “Choice 3” {
@SUMMER changes into Choice 3
SUMMER
Hmmmm
choice “I like” {
SUMMER
Ok all done
} “I don’t like” {
redo 1_1_dressinggame
}

@SUMMER changes into Choice 3

SUMMER
(That works)
(Better get going don't want to be late)

@SUMMER exits left

There is an extra “}” in that line :relaxed:

Hmm I took away one and now its “Choice 1” { and the same error

1 Like

hmm which line is line 126 ??

the bolded line in the script i sent before

Right before “Choice 3” there is another extra }

Ohhh ok thank you!! :relaxed:

1 Like

no problem! finding coding errors is like the hardest scavenger hunt haha

bookmarked !! prolly coming back here tomorrow so- :joy::sneezing_face::two_hearts::raised_hand:t3:

1 Like

Hi again,
I have another question.
Soo I’m making a lot of dialog and I it keeps on telling me “You can’t have one character immediately following another” and this is the part of my script that is not working (its a fight) the part that’s it starts not working is SUMMER (talk_angry)

MOM (talk_angry)
YOU WILL BE A LAWYER!
It is what is best for you!
    SUMMER (talk_angry)

THATS IT I HAVE SAT IN YOUR HOUSE WITH YOUR STUPID RULES AND NEVER SAID A WORD

1 Like

haha I know this is stupid, but I think it is because the dialogue is in all caps. Maybe try making it lowercase?

Thanks that worked!

1 Like

Okay this may sound like a dumb question… but can you not put overlays in the same exact spot in a scene?
idk if it is something with my portal but my overlays just aren’t going where I am telling them to go

I have a doubt too… How to make it so that the character appears from behind an overlay?

You know how there are funny scenes where the character pops out of nowhere.

I have a scene where the MC tries to leave but her friend comes up from behind the counter…

Does anyone know how to make that happen?

1 Like

You need to adjust the layers of the various overlays and characters

This thread has a good explanation ^^

1 Like

No no no… I explained it really badly :sweat_smile:
I meant to say, how to make the person move from one place to another without them actually walking to that place.

You would say CHAR walks to spot (whatever the coordinates are) AND CHAR does it while idle. You can also use any other animation besides the walking ones and they won’t walk.

haha I don’t know if this is a coding question but I didn’t wanna make a thread… I need some fun names for videogame characters (like boxing characters)

I will give credit for the names in the story if you would like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.