The Wall by J. Miley

The Wall
by @J.Miley
TheWallSmall
For those who haven’t read The Wall, it was an Adventurous Contest Winner that is close to being complete!
Two Chapters Left!!!

Description: Faced with being traded to pay your family’s debts, you set off in search of a land of peace and equality beyond the wall.

1. Did you find the things you took at the beginning useful?
  2. Are you more courageous or peaceful?
  3. Who did you pick as your love interest (if any) and why?
  4. Are you a protector or a healer?
  5. What have been your favorite moments?
  6. What were your least favorite moments?
  7. What was your favorite mini-game?
  8. Two chapters left!!! What’s going to happen?

While this isn’t my favorite story of Jen’s, I think it’s overall her best story in terms of plot, branching, and of course, directing. I mean… freakin’ completely animated unicorns and waterfalls!
That mare scene was out of this world!

So I’ve seen a few other threads talking about other stories, so I thought I would create one about The Wall because she’s nearing the end of the story and it truly deserves so much more attention as it’s one of the absolute best stories on the app. Jen’s also going through a pretty rough time right now and while she doesn’t come onto the forums very often, I hope this will help to boost her to the finish.

11 Likes

:see_no_evil: :see_no_evil:
Thank you, Annie.
You’ve always been a huge supporter.

3 Likes
  1. Oh my god noooo! Or at least not really…I have never found any occasion to use this goddamn rope ahaha. :rofl:
  2. At the beginning, I started off as being more courageous, but then I changed my mind and chose the peaceful behaviour,
  3. Athen… he’s a snack. :fire: And I liked his personality best, too. (his SASS :boom:)
  4. Healer :two_hearts:
    5.&6.: The ENTIRE story is great!!!
  5. Difficult choice, but in general, I love the fact that it is an interactive story.
  6. No idea, but I’m rooting for it!
2 Likes

Yes! I got to beta a read a bit of chapter one so played smart :new_moon_with_face:

I have more peacemaker points!

I went with Trysta :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Brayden is not even slightly my type and annoyed. I loved Athen too but I leaned towards Trysta because I loved her personality.

I went with Healer!

When we found out who the traitor was. I was like
tenor

I would say “least favourite” but trying to figure out the prophecy was a bitch :joy:

The healer one which I almost flopped at :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I guess I should post my own.

• Did you find the things you took at the beginning useful?
    For the most part. I used the rope, cloak, coal, and clothes. I have 2 shots left on the weapon after killing the wolf.

• Are you more courageous or peaceful?
    Courageous!!!

• Who did you pick as your love interest (if any) and why?
    Athen! He was just so mysterious and the more I got to know him, the more I wanted to be with him. He definitely did NOT disappoint. (Jen lies when she says she can’t write romance).

• Are you a protector or a healer?
    I chose to be a protector, cause I want to personally take Dramen down.

• What have been your favorite moments?
    Going into the deep with Athen was probably my favorite. It was so intense and thrilling and the directing was out of this world.
    Also, when Athen finally snapped and said he loved me. I knew it was coming, but the build up was just… slow burn all the way!

• What were your least favorite moments?
    When I didn’t trust Alena and both Athen and I paid the price.

• What was your favorite mini-game?
    I really loved them all. There were some that were pretty tough, like the prophecy.

• ONE chapter left!!! What’s going to happen?
    Well, now we fight for our right to… PARTY!!!
    I’m eager, but concerned about how our points and choices will determine the ending. Being a huge fan of Jen’s I pity anyone who gets the bad ending, cause I know she doesn’t hold back.

I will say this last chapter was… WHOA!!!
Jen can direct the pants off of just about anyone!

2 Likes

Bump

1 Like

To date, I only know of two people that got the prophecy 100% correct.

1 Like

I loved Speak by J. Miley, didn’t know that she wrote another story, I’m going to read it asap.

1 Like

She has a lot of published stories across multiple genres. They’re all fabulous!

1 Like

Now that I finally have a new phone that can handle stories with complex directing :eyes: So excited to start reading The Wall

2 Likes

I did read it and can’t wait for the last episode

Just the gun and the cloack
    Peaceful
    Athens, I don’t know why, I really liked him and never choose a romantic option for the others one
    Protector
    The deep, when she met her father again, when ceria caught her and athen and when athen admitted his feelings
    Every scene with dramen in
    The one with the sword
  8. Two chapters left!!! What’s going to happen
    (One)
    I hope in a happy ending but I think that there will be some sad things too, maybe someone important will die
2 Likes

Just finished the Finale and WOW!!!

1. What ending did you get? (Did the love interest survive? Did the dad survive?)

2. How much do you think that first choice impacted the ending?

3. Thoughts on Ignora taking one for the team?

4. Thoughts on that total bad-a$$ moment with Dramen?

5. Did you feel the last chapter brought the story full circle?

1 Like

bump
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Bump

2 Likes

Bump

Bump Bump

1 Like
    I chose to spend gems as I thought everything in the room would have a role. I think I used most of them, but I’m pretty sure I didn’t use the book.

Definitely courageous. I think it had to do with the mentality of I guess just sticking to a persona.

I originally was going to pick Bradyn but Athen interested me more.

Protector, I wanted to go head to head with Dramen.

Moments where MC was a total baddie and flung knives/shot arrows while she was with Athen.

That scene were MC was describing the history of Dramen and the previous ruler and the courtesan executions. Really unsettling.

The one with the dragon arrow!

8. What ending did you get?
    A3 LI and father survived, MC became ruler

9. How much do you think that first choice impacted the ending?
    My first choice impacted how I was going to go on with the story choice-wise. I decided to keep playing aggressive because of that lol

10. Thoughts on Ignora taking one for the team?
    I was not expecting that lmao I was expecting her to throw me to Dramen.

11. Thoughts on that total bad-a$$ moment with Dramen?
    p e r f e c t

12. Did you feel the last chapter brought the story full circle?
    A little. Still felt that something was missing somehow.

Overall, pretty great story, loved the minigames.

1 Like