The War Of The Emerald Sea (RESTART) - RP - OFFICIAL THREAD

The four countries by the big Emerald Sea have been living in peace with each other for decades. But everything is about to change into a very bitter war, that will be known as The War Of The Emerald Sea for thousands of years to come …

Confused about something? There’s info HERE (signups) and HERE (faceclaims + info about all the houses).

I will give each family plotlines to get the RP started, but after they have been played out you will be able declare wars, propose marriages and so on as you wish by filling out THIS form.

House Topaz: The court is preparing for the upcoming visit from the royal family of Gostor. How is the family feeling about marrying their princess off to some stranger? How is the princess herself feeling about it? The plan is to first welcome the royal family by arranging a ball the night before the wedding where the future couple can get to know each other, and where the parents can discuss business. But when the clock strikes twelve, someone emerges from the crowd and shoots king Anton dead. People run away in all directions, desperate to find a safe place to hide. The guards aren’t able to catch the one who did it. House Topaz realizes that they’re in danger, so they decide that they have to flee the country. The very generous prince Orion of Odros offers them to stay with him and his family, and they politely accept the offer. They, however, make sure to have the princess of Leblaurus and the prince of Gostor get married in a very quick and secretive ceremony before they leave, so the marriage will still be valid even if they don’t see each other in a long time. Not long after that, the members of house Topaz are on the royal family of Odros’ ship on their way to Odros.

House Peridot: After planning their attack ever since the princess of Leblaurus and the prince of Gostor announced their engagement, house Peridot are ready to finally go through with it. Sir Arthur has no idea why his eldest daughter thinks it’s so important that they go to the outrageously extravagant ball at the palace, but after being persuaded, he gives in. He knows nothing about what his daughter, along with her followers, have been planning. So imagine his horror when he sees his own beloved daughter putting on a black mask, concealing her entire face, then pulling out a pistol and shooting king Anton dead. The oldest lady of house peridot is just about to leave, when she sees her younger sister – who has been a lady-in-waiting at the Agran court for the past year – in the crowd, and quickly takes her with her without even blinking. Her sister screams and kicks, and doesn’t want to come with her, but the older lady of house Peridot decides then and there that it is safer for her little sister to stay there, even if she doesn’t know that it’s the better option. After that they all rush out of the building, leaving no evidence behind. They know what the royal family will have to do now - flee the country. And that’s exactly what they do. So, after locking her little sister in one of the rooms at Peridot estate to make sure that she doesn’t run away, the eldest lady of house Peridot along with her followers rush into the palace, killing everyone who tries to stop them, and claiming the throne in sir Arthur’s name. In fear of being killed, no one objects.

House Prin: Since they are the most charismatic of the four royals, the two princes are sent to Leblaurus to represent Odros’ well wishes to the new royal couple. How are they feeling about being so far away from home? Who do they speak to at the ball? When the king is shot and the royal family is in distress, prince Orion sees the opportunity to maybe gain a strong ally, and offers to give them shelter, not really knowing what his parents might think about it. How does his brother feel about it? They quickly hurry on to their ship, wondering if this decision is the start of something entierly new and possibly dangerous for them and their country.

House Vos: Since they’re dear friends to the two princes, the two siblings of house Voos have travelled to Leblaurus with them. Their intentions are to find future spouses, since their mother lady Quinta has pressured them to. And what would be better than anything (according to their mother) is if that spouse was one of royal blood. Do they find anyone at the ball? How does it affect them when they then so quickly have to leave again? What do they think of house Topaz suddenly coming with them back to Odros?

House Coral: Both the queen and the king have gotten a bit ill, which prevents them from being able to travel to Leblaurus right at this moment, so they let their children and their daughter’s lady-in-waiting travel without them. On the trip there the young lady Peridot, who has been feeling sick the entire trip, reveals to the two siblings that it isn’t seasickness, like she’s said it’s been. She’s with child, and king Louis is the father. How does the two royal siblings feel about this? What do they do when they arrive in a entirely foreign country after hearing such outrageous news? Who do they talk to at the ball? Do they tell anyone? When the king is shot, they run in a different direction than everyone else. Suddenly they’re in the middle of nowhere, and can’t seem to find their way back to the palace. They do understand that it’s probably not safe to stay in Leblaurus, though, so they decide to trade the clothes they wore to the ball for some money to pay for any ship they can find that’s on it’s way to Agra. They find one ship whose slightly intoxicated captain tells them that he’s on his way to Agra, and that he can take them there if they do some maintience work on deck. But what they don’t know as they close their eyes that night, is that that they aren’t on their way to house Coral’s part of Agra. They’re on their way to their family’s arch nemesis’ - house Merpus’ part of Agra, where they would be killed if they were found out to be queen Cassandra’s children.

House Merpus: They don’t really do anything until the two siblings from house Coral arrive.

House Olona: After a four month long engagement, it’s finally time for the prince to get married. How are the king and queen feeling about this? And how is the prince feeling? What does the prince think of his wife-to-be? When the king is murdered, the family runs in the same direction as house Topaz. After the secret wedding, they hurry back to their ship and decide to go stay with their friends at house Wenlee, since it would be too dangerous for the murdered king’s son-in-law to be out in the open.

House Wenlee: They’re not a part of the main plot until house Olona arrives at Wenlee Estate.

Where everyone starts off:

House Topaz (@LovingLostCities @jdepisode @16AngelCat ): Everyone is getting ready for the upcoming ball where they will meet the royal family of Gostor in person for the first time. The women are getting ready in the Queen’s bedroom and the men are getting ready in the King’s bedroom, with the help of many servants, of course.

House Peridot (@oorgeloop @jdepisode ): Lady Aaliyah and her allies are getting ready at Peridot Estate for the ball at the royal palace, but in a very different way. Instead of spending hours on their hair, clothes and makeup, they’re sharpening their swords and loading their pistols. Of course, her father, Lord Arthur, has no idea about this. Lady Genessa is helping Princess Rhiannon get dressed in her room on the royal ship, they’re expected to be arriving in about an hour or two. Lady Genessa is trying her very best to conceal how nauseous she’s feeling.

House Prin (@ScarletSwanHunter): The two princes are done getting ready for the ball, and are now sitting in their royal ship’s empty dining hall talking to their friends Lady Amelia and Lord Brayden. They’re arriving in thirty minutes.

House Vos (@ScarletSwanHunter @ReeceandBecca ): The two siblings are sitting in the dining hall in the royal ship with their friends Prince Orion and Prince Tristan, waiting for the ship to finally arrive at Leblaurus’ port.

House Coral (@ReeceandBecca @16AngelCat ): Prince Samuel has just finished getting dressed for the ball, and is now waiting outside his sister’s room for her to be ready. Princess Rhiannon is getting dressed by her lady-in-waiting Lady Genessa in her room on the royal ship.

House Merpus (@Wingsoffire ): Lady Demitra and Lord Michael are hunting for rabbits together in the woods.

House Olona (@Krokoro @Wingsoffire @LongLostCities ): The royal ship has just arrived at Leblaurus’ port, and the entire family is standing on deck saying their goodbyes to the crew. They’re going to arrive at the palace a bit earlier than everyone else, so Prince Jonathan and Princess Rose can finally meet and so the two royal couples can start discussing their childrens futures together.

House Wenlee (@Krokoro @oorgeloop ): Lord Luka and Lady Aspen are horseback riding in the woods.

(I know some characters aren’t quite involved in the plot yet, but they will be after a time skip that will occur when we’ve gotten further in the RP).

RULES:

• NO godmodding (controlling other people’s characters)!!
  • Write in past tense and third person! Example: ”He walked over to her” - instead of - ”I walk over to her”.
  • For the first part of the RP, please don’t go outside the lines of the already prepared plotlines, once those plotlines are played out, you are of course allowed to do pretty much whatever you want.

DON’T FORGET TO READ THE PLOTLINES IN THE MAIN TOPIC AND ALL THE BACKSTORIES IN THE GOOGLE DOC!!

Lady Demitra of house Merpus

One of Demitra’s arrows flew through the air almost faster than her eye could process, piercing a little grey rabbit through it’s eye, just like she had intended. A satisfied grin appeared on her face, and she looked over her shoulder, expecting to see her brother standing behind her, but, surprisingly, he was nowhere to be seen. “Michael?” she yelled after him, “come look at this!”.

Prince Orion of Odros

Orion sighed loudy before throwing a grape in his mouth. “It feels like we’re never going to arrive” he said, resting his face in his hand. He glanced over at his brother and his friends Amelia and Brayden, the two people he had known for so long they were practically family at this point. They seemed to agree with him, from the looks they had on their faces. Getting to travel wasn’t common in Odros, this was the first time he had ever been outside the country, and he was beginning to get very impatient. All he wanted to do was to explore Leblaurus and meet all the people that were waiting for him.

Recycling my first post in the old thread, hehe …

@ScarletSwanHunter @Wingsoffire @ReeceandBecca

Lord Brayden of House Vos

Brayden looked over at Orion and sighed.
“If we stay on this ship any longer, I’m going to get seasick.” Brayden was eager to get to Leblaurus . He had heard about their famous stock of swords. He wanted to see if any of their swords were stronger than Oathkeeper, his black steel sword. If the rumors were true, he would find himself a new sword.

Princess Rhiannon of Argra

Rhiannon let Genessa the the ribbon to her new silk dress. Mother had it custom made. It felt like she was wearing water. Rhiannon did a quick twirl. “What do you think, Genessa? Isn’t it just the best dress.”

@Ypsilon @ScarletSwanHunter @16AngelCat @jdepisode

Prince Orion of Odros

Orion nodded. Odrosians travelled by horse, sometimes camel or even elephant - very rarely by boat. The constant rocking of the ship caused by the large waves felt unatural and very different to how the movements of an animal could feel. He had heard his parents making fun of how scared people from the other three countries could be of doing something so simple as riding a horse. Orion had laughed at them then, but now he had some newfound sympathy for those foreigners. While he - Prince Orion of Odros - never was or ever would be afraid of anything, he could admit he hadn’t exactly enjoyed spending so much time on this ship.
“I wonder what the weather will be like in Leblaurus …” Orion said, picking up another grape and crushing it between his teeth. They were all used to neverending scorching heat, and even though he loved that about Odros, it would be nice to see and feel something else for a change.

@ReeceandBecca @ScarletSwanHunter

*Prince Tristan of Odros

He looked at his brother, head down on the table as he spun a coin around in front of him. The trip was long and bored and he longed for land or people or anything. Anyone that can curse this boredom that pledged them. “How much farther. I swear it feels like we aren’t even moving and Amelia drank the last of the booz.”

Lady Amelia of House Vos

“Not my fault, if you wanted it so badly then you should have drank it. I didn’t see your name on the bottle.” She crossed her arms over her chest, annoyed at the prince. Hours with him had driven her into near madness and another hour who push her over the egde. “I don’t think the weather would be an good. Or at least as warm as back home. What do you think the palace will look like. I can imagine grand doors and large ballrooms.” She grinned at Brayden, “Larger than we have back home.”

@Ypsilon
@ReeceandBecca

Prince Jonathan of Goster

Jonathan inwardly groaned. He wished the ship had gone slower so that they would have missed the ball. Jonathan wore his hunting outfit. Ball or not, he was not going to dress like a puffed up peacock. Jonathan waved good bye to the crew. One of them wished him good luck. Jonathan had a sinking suspicion that he was going to need all the luck that he could get.

Queen Susanna of Leblaurus

Susanna straightened her gown as she watched the servants help Rose with her dress. “What do you think of the dress, Rose? I had it made to match your hair color.”

@16AngelCat @Krokoro @Wingsoffire

Prince Orion of Odros

“You will not drink another drop before we arrive. Don’t forget mother and father’s orders. We will behave as properly as we possibly can” he told his younger brother, giving him a look so harsh that Tristan couldn’t mistake his words for anything other than rules to live by this upcoming week or so. While Orion didn’t really look forward to acting like those prissy, snobby leblaurians, he understood his responsibility as the next king of Odros - he had to get people to like him, even if he didn’t really like them. He glanced over at Amelia.
“Mother told me the palace’s walls are made out of glass and marble, and it’s covered in thousands of jewels” he said, “what a waste of resources - that’s probably why their people are starving”.

@ScarletSwanHunter @ReeceandBecca

*Gostor

Brayden could care less about jewels and fancy palaces. Though it would be nice to have one. “Why don’t the people just overthrow the monarchy? If I was starving because they were using all their money for glass palaces, I’d start a rebellion.” Brayden popped a grape in his mouth .

@Ypsilon @ScarletSwanHunter

Prince Orion of Odros

Orion’s gaze darkened.
“Watch your words, Brayden” his words left his mouth like a quiet, but roaring thunder. Overthrow the monarchy? Was that what Brayden wanted secretly? He was foolish if he thought Orion would forget that statement.

@ReeceandBecca

Amelia of House Vos

She rolled her eyes at Brayden, “Because dear brother, not everything is done with your sword and blood. Sometimes it’s better to use your head, and think. You’d find it effective more times than your methods.” She crossed her legs, imagining the scene the prince had painted. Oh, if she had a place like that.

Prince Tristan of Odros

He sighed, “Fine. I’ll behave.” He turned away from his brother, resting his cheek on his forearm and smirked. There ain’t no way in hell I’m going to be having. No matter what he says. Let him make pretty with the royals. I’ll make prettywith the people who really know how to have fun.

@ReeceandBecca
@Ypsilon

Brayden rolled his eyes at what they both said. He decided that it was better to keep his opinions to himself. Brayden turned his gaze back to the sea. If a monarchy was being unfair, you raise a rebellion. It was as simple as that. Brayden changed the subject. “What kind of foods do you think they will at Leblaurus ?” He asked

@Ypsilon @ScarletSwanHunter

Sir Michael of house Merpus

Deep in the forest Michael took a breath of fresh air. Demitra’s voice pulled him out of his mindless wander. He looked around and realized that he was a lot farther in the forest then he meant to be. Since he’s far into the forest it took him a little while to get back to Demitra “Hmm? What?” Michael reply’s, once he got to her. Seeing a rabbit laying still with an arrow throw it’s eye, He smiled broadly. “Amazing shot!” When he looked at his sister, he could see in her eyes, her love of nature and exploring.

@Ypsilon

Queen Cara of Gostor

Cara waved at the ship, her smile bright. After many good byes! And see you soons! Cara looked at her husband lovingly and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. Even though she’s excited about this trip she whispered in Renevold’s ear, “Are you sure about this?” She couldn’t keep the doubt from her voice, she just wasn’t sure of this kingdoms motives and that made her a little worried. Cara was also worried about Jonathan…

@RudeInception
@LovingLostCities

Just a little reminder, :sweat_smile:.

Lady Demitra of house Merpus

“Now imagine that’s Queen Cassandra” she hissed and fired another arrow into the already dead rabbit’s chest. She laughed at the thought of that poor excuse for a monarch getting put to her final rest by one of Demitra’s own arrows. Even if that meant that Demitra would get executed herself, it would still be worth it.

@Wingsoffire

Im sorry! I will try to remember this but I apologize in advance if I forget! :tired_face:

Oh no, that’s totally fine! I just thought I would remind you. :blush:

Prince Tristan of Odros

“Food?” his head just up at the word, “Food? Where food? Who food? Did someone say food? I want food.” He looked to his brother, “What are we eating. I like food. Might make this trip quicker.”

Lady Amelia of House Vos

She rolled her eyes at Tristan, “He was asking a question.”
There was disappointment in the Prince’s eyes as he let his head fall again. He whimpered, “How much longer Orion? I don’t think I can last another moment with her.” Tristan glared at Amelia who, stuck up her nose.
“Likewise.”

@Ypsilon
@ReeceandBecca

I love talking Angela. I hate episode @AmyAn

Princess Rose of Leblaurus
Rose twirled in her dress. “I love it. I’m a bit nervous about getting married though.”
@LovingLostCities