The War Of The Emerald Sea ~ RP ~ OFFICIAL THREAD ~

The four countries by the big Emerald Sea have been living in peace with each other for decades. But everything is about to change into a very bitter war, that will be known as The War Of The Emerald Sea for thousands of years to come …

Confused about something? There’s info HERE (signups) and HERE (faceclaims + info about all the houses).

I will give each family plotlines to get the RP started, but after they have been played out you will be able declare wars, propose marriages and so on as you wish by filling out THIS form.

House Topaz: The court is preparing for the upcoming visit from the royal family of Gostor. How is the family feeling about marrying their princess off to some stranger? How is the princess herself feeling about it? The plan is to first welcome the royal family by arranging a ball the night before the wedding where the future couple can get to know each other, and where the parents can discuss business. But when the clock strikes twelve, someone emerges from the crowd and shoots king Anton dead. People run away in all directions, desperate to find a safe place to hide. The guards aren’t able to catch the one who did it. House Topaz realizes that they’re in danger, so they decide that they have to flee the country. The very generous prince Orion of Odros offers them to stay with him and his family, and they politely accept the offer. They, however, make sure to have the princess of Leblaurus and the prince of Gostor get married in a very quick and secretive ceremony before they leave, so the marriage will still be valid even if they don’t see each other in a long time. Not long after that, the members of house Topaz are on the royal family of Odros’ ship on their way to Odros.

House Peridot: After planning their attack ever since the princess of Leblaurus and the prince of Gostor announced their engagement, house Peridot are ready to finally go through with it. Sir Arthur has no idea why his eldest daughter thinks it’s so important that they go to the outrageously extravagant ball at the palace, but after being persuaded, he gives in. He knows nothing about what his daughter, along with her followers, have been planning. So imagine his horror when he sees his own beloved daughter putting on a black mask, concealing her entire face, then pulling out a pistol and shooting king Anton dead. The oldest lady of house peridot is just about to leave, when she sees her younger sister – who has been a lady-in-waiting at the Agran court for the past year – in the crowd, and quickly takes her with her without even blinking. Her sister screams and kicks, and doesn’t want to come with her, but the older lady of house Peridot decides then and there that it is safer for her little sister to stay there, even if she doesn’t know that it’s the better option. After that they all rush out of the building, leaving no evidence behind. They know what the royal family will have to do now - flee the country. And that’s exactly what they do. So, after locking her little sister in one of the rooms at Peridot estate to make sure that she doesn’t run away, the eldest lady of house Peridot along with her followers rush into the palace, killing everyone who tries to stop them, and claiming the throne in sir Arthur’s name. In fear of being killed, no one objects.

House Prin: Since they are the most charismatic of the four royals, the two princes are sent to Leblaurus to represent Odros’ well wishes to the new royal couple. How are they feeling about being so far away from home? Who do they speak to at the ball? When the king is shot and the royal family is in distress, prince Orion sees the opportunity to maybe gain a strong ally, and offers to give them shelter, not really knowing what his parents might think about it. How does his brother feel about it? They quickly hurry on to their ship, wondering if this decision is the start of something entierly new and possibly dangerous for them and their country.

House Vos: Since they’re dear friends to the two princes, the two siblings of house Voos have travelled to Leblaurus with them. Their intentions are to find future spouses, since their mother lady Quinta has pressured them to. And what would be better than anything (according to their mother) is if that spouse was one of royal blood. Do they find anyone at the ball? How does it affect them when they then so quickly have to leave again? What do they think of house Topaz suddenly coming with them back to Odros?

House Coral: Both the queen and the king have gotten a bit ill, which prevents them from being able to travel to Leblaurus right at this moment, so they let their children and their daughter’s lady-in-waiting travel without them. On the trip there the young lady Peridot, who has been feeling sick the entire trip, reveals to the two siblings that it isn’t seasickness, like she’s said it’s been. She’s with child, and king Louis is the father. How does the two royal siblings feel about this? What do they do when they arrive in a entirely foreign country after hearing such outrageous news? Who do they talk to at the ball? Do they tell anyone? When the king is shot, they run in a different direction than everyone else. Suddenly they’re in the middle of nowhere, and can’t seem to find their way back to the palace. They do understand that it’s probably not safe to stay in Leblaurus, though, so they decide to trade the clothes they wore to the ball for some money to pay for any ship they can find that’s on it’s way to Agra. They find one ship whose slightly intoxicated captain tells them that he’s on his way to Agra, and that he can take them there if they do some maintience work on deck. But what they don’t know as they close their eyes that night, is that that they aren’t on their way to house Coral’s part of Agra. They’re on their way to their family’s arch nemesis’ - house Merpus’ part of Agra, where they would be killed if they were found out to be queen Cassandra’s children.

House Merpus: They don’t really do anything until the two siblings from house Coral arrive.

House Olona: After a four month long engagement, it’s finally time for the prince to get married. How are the king and queen feeling about this? And how is the prince feeling? What does the prince think of his wife-to-be? When the king is murdered, the family runs in the same direction as house Topaz. After the secret wedding, they hurry back to their ship and decide to go stay with their friends at house Wenlee, since it would be too dangerous for the murdered king’s son-in-law to be out in the open.

House Wenlee: They’re not a part of the main plot until house Olona arrives at Wenlee Estate.

Where everyone starts off:

House Topaz (@Cricket_Master @jkdelbian @16AngelCat ): Everyone is getting ready for the upcoming ball where they will meet the royal family of Gostor in person for the first time. The women are getting ready in the Queen’s bedroom and the men are getting ready in the King’s bedroom, with the help of many servants, of course.

House Peridot (@oorgeloop @jkdelbian ): Lady Aaliyah and her allies are getting ready at Peridot Estate for the ball at the royal palace, but in a very different way. Instead of spending hours on their hair, clothes and makeup, they’re sharpening their swords and loading their pistols. Of course, her father, sir Arthur, has no idea about this. Lady Genessa is helping Princess Alexandra get dressed in her room on the royal ship, they’re expected to be arriving in about an hour or two. Lady Genessa is trying her very best to conceal how nauseous she’s feeling.

House Prin (@ScarletSwanHunter ): The two princes are done getting ready for the ball, and are now sitting in their royal ship’s empty dining hall talking to their friends Lady Amelia and Sir Deon. They’re arriving in thirty minutes.

House Vos (@ScarletSwanHunter @benitz786 ): The two siblings are sitting in the dining hall in the royal ship with their friends Prince Orion and Prince Tristan, waiting for the ship to finally arrive at Leblaurus’ port.

House Coral (@Ella @16AngelCat ): Prince Samuel has just finished getting dressed for the ball, and is now waiting outside his sister’s room for her to be ready. Princess Alexandra is getting dressed by her lady-in-waiting Lady Genessa in her room on the royal ship.

House Merpus (@Ella ): Lady Demitra and Sir Caleb are hunting for rabbits together in the woods.

House Olona (@StripieHead @benitz786 @Cricket_Master ): The royal ship has just arrived at Leblaurus’ port, and the entire family is standing on deck saying their goodbyes to the crew. They’re going to arrive at the palace a bit earlier than everyone else, so Prince Pepin and Princess Rose can finally meet and so the two royal couples can start discussing their childrens futures together.

House Wenlee (@StripieHead @oorgeloop ): Sir Luka and Lady Amile are horseback riding in the woods.

(I know some characters aren’t quite involved in the plot yet, but they will be after a time skip that will occur when we’ve gotten further in the RP).

DON’T FORGET TO READ THE PLOTLINES IN THE MAIN TOPIC!!

Lady Demitra of house Merpus

One of Demitra’s arrows flew through the air almost faster than her eye could process, piercing a little grey rabbit through it’s eye, just like she had intended. A satisfied grin appeared on her face, and she looked over her shoulder, expecting to see her brother standing behind her, but, unsurprisingly, he was nowhere to be seen. Caleb had never really appreciated hunting like she did. She loved the fresh air, the birds chirping and most of all … the quiet that let her think about nothing for hours. Her brother on the other hand, always tried to talk to her about the most unnecessary things, and sometimes even started to sing loudly just to annoy her. Demitra had yelled at him a few times today, so she supposed he wanted to give her some space, which she appreciated. “Caleb?” she yelled after him, “come look at this!”.

Prince Orion of Odros

Orion sighed loudy before throwing a grape in his mouth. “It feels like we’re never going to arrive” he said, resting his face in his hand. He glanced over at his brother and his friends Amelia and Deon, the two people he had known for so long they were practically family at this point. They seemed to agree with him, from the looks they had on their faces. Getting to travel wasn’t common in Odros, this was the first time he had ever been outside the country, and he was beginning to get very impatient. All he wanted to do was to explore Leblaurus and meet all the people that were waiting for him.

@Ella @ScarletSwanHunter @benitz786

Prince Rafe of Leblaurus:
“Make sure it’s fitted well Marcus.” I stared at myself in the mirror as Marcus, my personal servant prepared and finished my royal clothing for the party. I wasn’t one to ever refuse the invitation of a ball, but the celebration of my sister Rose to a stranger was maybe a bit unsettling. It was her duty, yes, and we all understood that as royals. She was still my sister, and I’d be the judge of if he was worthy of her or not. I looked over to my father, his face always dignified…his demeanor always calm. Like a king should be. And swallowed hard and looked away, holding my chin up higher. I had never known if he truly accepted me…and if I was a complete and utter disappointment to him.

His outfit

men-1

@16AngelCat (Rose mentioned)

Lady Gennessa of Peridot:
I tied the back of Princess Alexandria’s dress and began fixing her hair up. “You look truly stunning,” I said to her with a smile. A wave of nausea hit my body and I balanced myself, my hand on the wall. I quickly shook it away and forced another smile as I went back to preparing her for the ball.

@Ella (Alexandria) @16AngelCat (I believe Samuel is there with them)

Queen Maria of Topaz
Maria stands in front of a full length mirror as a maid fixes her hair.
This was important occasion, and she had to look her best.
The maid inserts an elaborate hairpin, and the corners of Maria’s mouth tighten.
“Too tight.”
The maid mutters her apologies before readjusting the hairpin.
Satisfied with her appearance, she directs the maid to tend to her daughter.
If it was important for the queen to look her best, it was doubly important for her daughter to look better.
@16AngelCat (mentioned)

Lady Aaliyah of house Peridot
I stand at my mirror staring hard at myself.
Outfit
I test out it’s flexibility by moving around my room and stretching. Perfect. No use doing some combat with stiff clothing.
I turn as my maid comes in. “Is everything ready? the swords,pistols, soldiers?”
“Almost” she replies and i nod my head in almost satisfaction
"Is my sword ready?“I ask
She lowers her eyes. “The soldiers had some issues with your sword.”
“Yes?” I say urging her to go on.
She bites her lip and says"They’ve lost your sword”
I conceal my annoyance , “Have they checked the combat area?”
“Yes”
“My office-just in case someone has already dropped it off?”
“Yes”
“The weapon racks?”
"Uuuh. I don’t think so…"She slowly says
“Then will you check it for me?”
“But-your sword never goes on the weaponry rack” she argues
I smiled patiently at her. “Can you please check anyway? In this chaos, it can be anywhere”
She mutely nods and scuttles out.
A few minutes later she comes back in, panting.
“Your sword” she says giving it to me.
I study it closely. The blade is bent halfway down the sword. I swallowed to control my impatience. “Can you please take this back to the sword smith. Tell him it needs to be straightened and made stronger in that weak spot”
She nods and runs back out again with my sword.

Sir Luka of house Wenlee
The tree branch seems to soar towards my head as my horse galloped across the woods. I duck just in time before it hit me. I look to my right to see Amile duck as well. I urge my horse faster and faster. And before I know it, my horse is on front of Amile.
I look back and taunt. “And the winner is…” I jolt as my horse flies over a large rock. And to my disappointment i slip off my saddle mid jump.
I tumble to the ground and give a silent thanks to the leaves that cushioned my fall.
My horse continues galloping. I stand up quickly “Hey!! come back!” I yell out to Amile who was also galloping away.
(@StripieHead)

orp: yikes that was long

ORP: it was great :joy::clap:

lol thanks

Lady Amile of house Wenlee
I let the air sweep over my hair, darn it, I should have tied my hair this morning. I hear my brother call out for me as I turn around and give him a cheeky smile. Luka rolled his eyes. I immediately turned my horse around and rode back to Luka. I get off and a wave of pain comes over me. I staggered over to Luka his face etched with worry. Suddenly everything gets blurry as I drop to the ground.
King Rupert Of Gostor
As our crew gets on the ship, I hear my wife giving out the orders, heh isn’t my job? I go to the captain and say, “I hope it gets there on time.” He whispers back “I’m sure it will be there on time sire.” I nod and say my goodbyes to the crew. Then, I hear a fight break out. I go to where the fight is and say “What seems to be the problem here?” They respond saying, “Nick here almost broke the-” The sailor cleared his throat, “The gemstones, sire.” I look at the sailor that is supposedly Nick. Then I say "Take him to the dungeons for a week, that should teach him."I arrive at the castle, and see my son and Princess Rose. I sit on a chair with my wife and so do they too. I clear my throat and say, “It is a pleasure to see you again Rose.” Rose, says “Of course.”
I start to discuss about their wedding and their future.

Sir Luka of house Wenlee
“Ami!!??” I shout as she collapses. i dash towards her and kneel besides her. I grab her shoulders and shake. No response. I check her breathing. It didn’t seem too bad. She needed a doctor.
I lay her back against the ground and leap towards her horse before it began to walk away. I take the reins and walk it back to Amile. I pick her up gently and (seat her on the saddle, with one hand holding the reins and the other hand supporting Amile, I jump up onto the horse. I dig my feet into the horse’s side and steer it back toward the house and push the horse into a gallop. A fast gallop.

@StripieHead

Lady Amile Of House Wenlee
I woke up on my bed, my head felt woozy, I saw the maid and asked her, what happened?
“You were poisoned, dear.” I gasped “But-but how?” “That is what your dad is trying to figure out.” The door bursts open, and Luka stands there “Amile! I was so worried.” Luka hugs Amile. “Get off you… are choking me.” Then the door opens again. There, stands mom and dad.

Sir Deon of House Vos

Deon had been tapping his foot anxiously for what seemed like the last hour, filling the silence in the room as he sipped the water in his hand. He nodded at Orion’s comment, though didn’t respond immediately as he usually would have with witty banter. Instead, his mind was filled with thoughts of how his mother had wanted him to find a wife – seemingly against his own wishes. Deon understood where his mother was coming from, but Deon couldn’t imagine being married to anyone at court. Most women were so – boring? Obnoxious? He could go on, but what was the point – the list was endless. He just wanted to be left to himself, to explore, to get into a little trouble at Leblaurus. He wanted fun.

Looking back towards the others sitting at the table, he raised his water that had been placed in a crystal wine glass: “Well, while we wait: how about a toast?” he asked and found the others in agreement. “To venturing past what we have always known and pushing into the unkonwn. May it be as grand as tales have told” Deon stated, raising his glass, waiting to hear what the others had to add.

@Ypsilon @ScarletSwanHunter

Prince Tristan of Prin

All Tristan wanted to do was jump up and look over the ship until the reached the docks so he could jump down as soon as possible but he couldn’t. He needed to look proper and like his brother. He couldn’t embarrass him today. “Agreed.” Tristan smiled at Deon and raises his own glass.

Lady Amelia of Vos

She crossed her arms and looked off into the large ocean. She wasn’t sure what was going to happen. And that made her anxious. She fiddled with her fingers behind her back so no one could see the nervous tendency. “I suppose.” She picked up her glass and gave a small smile at her companions.

@benitz786
@Ypsilon

Prince Pepin of Olona
Pepin shakes the hands of the Captain and mates.
“A pleasure sailing with you.”
It won’t be long before he is married to the princess of Topaz.
He looks at the shore and sees the people living in relative poverty despite-- or perhaps because of-- the extravagance of the royal family.
I hope Princess Rose is capable of learning the word ‘no.’

Queen Celeste of Gostor:
A gentle smile crossed her features as she observed the outline of Leblaurus’ slowly coming into view. Thankfully it seemed as if they had arrived early, per her instructions to the crew. Celeste had always held a strong belief that to be early was to be on time, and as the ship made its way forward, the women was ready to venture to find what the future had held for them. Although seeing the poverty present in the kingdom hit her close to home, she understood that she would need to keep her composure – after all, this arrangement was for the best.

A sigh left her lips as she walked in silence behind her husband as he entered the castle, knowing that she would generally need to keep quiet and allow her husband to make the decisions – after all, why would they listen to a woman? As she took a seat with her family, across from the Leblaurus’ royal family, she listened to the political gibberish of the kings with a sigh, looking back towards Rose with a smile. “And what is your say on the matter?” she questioned Rose, as everyone was distracted, truly wanting to know if the girl was ready for what was ahead.

@StripieHead @Cricket_Master

Princess Alexandra of Agra
She felt uncomfortable in the dress, and would rather wear anything else. She also thought of Gennessa who probably felt uncomfortable and she would rather be anywhere else too. “Thank you, Gennessa.” She said to her.

Sir Caleb of Merpus
He wasn’t hunting for rabbits, because he was kind of against doing it. Instead, he had climbed up a tree, onto a branch, watching the rabbits. When he heard his name called, he sighed and jumped down. He walked over, “What?”

@Ypsilon @jkdelbian

“Of course.” I smiled at her. “Do you plan to catch the eyes of a handsome man tonight? Surely the whole room will not be able to keep their eyes off of you.”

@Ella

Princess Alexandra of Agra
She rolled her eyes, “I seriously doubt it.” She said, “I’ll definitely keep you up to date if something does happen, though.” She smiled.

I smiled and I finished pinning a peice of her hair back. “Oh, how I do enjoy knowing about such gossip.” The ship rocked and I quickly put a hand over my mouth, vomit trying to force it’s way upward.

@Ella