The Webtoon and Webcomic Thread

I’d like to b u m p this thread by suggesting Tower of God. Sort of.

WARNING: DO NOT START TOWER OF GOD UNLESS YOU HAVE INSANE AMOUNTS OF PATIENCE

I’m actually on my second reread. I tried to get through it once and couldn’t- it’s pretty slow paced and can get confusing with the enormous cast of characters. This time around though, I’m reading more slowly and I’m getting through it quicker. Though I’ve still only read like 315/397 chapters.

It’s about this tower that a lot of people enter and try to climb. If you somehow reach the top, you receive anything and everything you’ve ever wanted, the power of a god. The main character of the series is Bam, an irregular (entered the Tower when he wasn’t chosen to) and his journey. It’s insane and really cool if you love fantasy and the art is absolute fire. It’s a translation, and the translation is kind of meh, but it’s not difficult to look past.

If you don’t have the patience or time for 397 long chapters, some of which gets confusing, then I recommend just reading the decently long Season 1 and stopping there. Season 1 is the absolute best, it is Tower of God in its period of absolute glory imo.

TOWER OF GOD <3

2 Likes

Silently sneaks in
Odd Girl Out is pretty good. It updates everyday, so that’s a plus. Also Nothing Special. Bye.
silently sneaks out

I love Odd Girl Out so much! Nari is literally everything ahhhh

1 Like

Lmao UnOrDiNaRy liiiiiit

2 Likes

Has anyone else read SHADOW? I wish it wasn’t discontinued.

Was that the one about the cleaner uppers after super heros? I think I read the first chapter.

1 Like

Yeah, it was one of the first I read, and a lot of peeps actually reference it in the comments on other superhero or action webtoons. XD
It’s only thirteen chapters I think.

1 Like

I am about halfway through Let’s Play, and the dad is awesome.

1 Like

Sweet Home

Sweet Home is from the creators of Bastard, which I am sure some of you peeps have read.
It is essentially about peeps in an apartment building trying to survive when the world is plagued by a sort of monsterization disease. This is not a regular zombie apocalypse. Each monster is unique based off the person it once was.
The primary protagonist is very flawed as a person, but that is part of what makes him so good as a character. He is perhaps relatable to many people.
The protagonist is not the only interesting character though. There are several prominent characters with their own back stories, abilities, and secrets.
I would recommend Sweet Home to anyone looking for a good thriller or apocalyptic story with interesting characters and more than just blood, guts, and jumpscares.

P.S. If any Bastard readers are wondering, yes, the facial expressions are still on point.

SIREN’S LAMENT HAS ME SHOOK
I was NOT ready jesus

1 Like

Safely endangered is the freaking best

1 Like

That is one I have not read. What do you like about it?

1 Like

I just love the humor in each comic. Plus the art style is pretty cute. :blush:

1 Like

That cover is adorable…
I think it is completed too; so I won’t have to worry about falling behind.
I might just check it out once I have caught up to some of the sixteen odd Webtoons I am behind in. XD

1 Like