There’s more than one kind of Asian!

I think it’s fascinating and awful in equal measures that some people can hear ridiculous false facts about Asia and then spew them in this post to confuse people.

6 Likes

In your dreams. It was a mistake! So drop it!

Martial arts have existed in China for centuries. Bruce Lee is nothing compared to the history of martial arts in China.

2 Likes

It’s a shame you made another “mistake”.

2 Likes

Chill, man…

1 Like

Who invented kung fu?

2 Likes

But. Kung fu is from China? In all of its forms. (Kung fu, for those who don’t know, has hundreds of different styles therein). Wing chun is distinctly Chinese. There is very specifically Chinese weaponry like dao that require very Chinese martial styles to use.

But, jiu-jutsu, karate, kenpo, kendo, etc. They’re all Japanese. There have been crossovers, like ninjiutsu has a Japanese name but is based off of several types of kung fu mixed together, with kendo and jiu-jutsu added in for flavour.

Martial arts didn’t originate in China, but some of the oldest martial arts we know of are Chinese

4 Likes

He did. He introduced the Chum sticks to China which is now popular to use in China. China does Kungfu. I don’t know about Japan’s kind.

Supposedly an Indian monk in China in the 6th century. It’s super old!

3 Likes

Kung Fu has existed in China since the 500s

4 Likes

And potentially even older than that

3 Likes

Yo—I’m done. Officially deceased. :skull::skull:

3 Likes

I know you love Bruce Lee, but seriously. Bodhidharma.

2 Likes

Great! That means I can learn more about MY ethnicity! I know kungfu has existed. Even before the first emperor of China!

??? Whaaa?

Bruce Lee wasn’t around before the first emperor. He couldn’t have introduced kung fu to the Chinese. Are you a troll?!

4 Likes

How about Kalaripayattu, which can be traced back over 3000 years, not to China funnily enough. Still relevant though!

It’s Indian! So the oldest we know of isn’t Chinese, but still Asian :3

2 Likes

I’m talking about KUNFU professor.

Kunfu is not a martial art. It’s not even a word.

2 Likes

I think you mean Kung fu

5 Likes