There’s more than one kind of Asian!

I love how fresh Japanese food tends to be. Of course, you get the processed to hell oily fried stuff, but a Japanese takeout is usually so much more healthy and closer to Japanese food in general than, say, Chinese or Indian takeout

5 Likes

I’ll check it out. What do you recommend?

2 Likes

When my flatmate first asked me what takeout I want, I said “anything but Indian” and she seemed so confused

IT’S BECAUSE I CAN MAKE THE HEALTHY, NICE VERSION MYSELF

3 Likes

What’s your favourite asian cuisine?

2 Likes

In terms of Asian mythology and culture? Japanese shintoism is as good a place as any, but there is of course the elephant in the room.

Hinduism is one of - if not the oldest known religion that’s still active today, it was the inspiration for almost all other Asian mythologies and beliefs and it is so interesting I would highly recommend just reading a few Hindu stories, you’ll fall down a hole and you won’t regret it.

Then, the natural follow up would be Hinduism: Revised. Otherwise known known as Buddhism xD

4 Likes

Definitely Japanese, though @ShanniiWrites makes a mean chickpea curry <3 <3

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of Shintoism. What is it?

3 Likes

Hinduism without the gods and the funny stories about a never-ending sari

4 Likes

You are not wrong. Although, dad says that in India, people eat a monkey’s brain. I didn’t believe him. Also the fact Indiana Jones showed a very bad version in the Temple of Doom movie. Monkey was raw. Bleh! I hope that was not a real food!

It was the major Japanese religion for centuries :smiley: It’s actually very unique, with lots of interesting stories and awesome gods. I’d put it up there with Norse or Greek with how interesting the pantheon is

4 Likes

Do people eat monkeys? Interesting

2 Likes

I don’t know, it’s either people are racist, or they are telling the truth.

Nope. Most Hindus in India are vegetarian. Some don’t even eat garlic or onions, let alone meat. Indiana Jones is really racist and inaccurate

5 Likes

Ok, I’ve never watched Indiana Jones, what is it about?

2 Likes

Whew! Dad says they eat monkey brains. I was like, ” I don’t believe in that”, no one would do that if it was necessary!

It sounds so cool

2 Likes

Indiana Jones is an archaeologist who goes to India. He goes to an old temple with a little stereotypical Chinese boy and then visits some really poor village people who need saving. Then, he stays at an Indian Raj’s (King’s) temple where they eat monkey brains and bugs and stuff. Then they try to pull out someone’s heart and eat it. It’s SO RACIST

5 Likes

Human sacrifice, racist, and violence! Don’t allow this to your kids!

Ok, I don’t have any kids.

2 Likes

As a little light reference for shintoism, my favourite gods, personally at least, to read about are Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi :3

3 Likes