There’s nothing wrong with criticism! (Repost of Shanii's post)

Tell em!

2 Likes

Yeah I 100% agree writers and artists of any caliber whether they’re here creating community stories or blockbuster movies need to be somewhat receptive to criticism. Criticism from an artists perspective can be annoying, hell it can even piss you off. But we need to know what to improve.

I submitted my story (first one I wrote here so you know it’s gonna be rough as far as directing as stuff) to a couple reviewers. One said it was ok but needed work in directing. The other was a lot more critical but echoed the same thoughts as the first reviewer. For a little bit, I was thinking “Who are these people telling me this part of the story needed work? Do they know how many hours I slaved on a computer coding to get this to life?”

But then I have to put my ego aside and revisit parts they suggested. And then you realize "Yeah…I probably could’ve did better in that area :thinking: :thinking: "

Can’t take the criticism personally. Especially if it’s your first time starting out. There’s plenty of room to grow.

But on the same token, the criticism must be dished out in a respectable manner and not just “Your story sucks. Get off Episodes and never return.” Then you’re just being an asshole :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Never return. Dang. That just…that just feels like a threat, X’DDDDDD

2 Likes

Hey. People on the Internet can be overdramatic :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Bump

Bump~

Bumpity

Some of the popular authors really need this. Specifically, an author on these forums…:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

exactly my thoughts. People need to be more accepting or at the very least tolerant of different opinions on their stories instead of trying to eXpLaIn and tell us how to think.

1 Like

Some of the popular authors especially. I made a thread about them, maybe check it out?

1 Like

In every single job or career you go into, their will be some type of criticism. You will never improve on your skills and recognize your strengths if you do not accept criticism. Especially in the world of art (drawing, writing, fashion, etc). You will be torn apart by the art community if you say “no criticism”. It is not trying to insult you or your work. Most of the criticism that you will receive will come from people who care about you and/or appreciate what you are working on. Just listen to what they have to say.

3 Likes

:ok_hand:t4:

1 Like

Bump

Bumping this because of a specific authors actions that’s making it seem like she can’t take criticism. :expressionless:

4 Likes

I saw the first part of the title and thought you were calling Shannii out. Like, she doesn’t even write frequently enough to get criticism :joy:

3 Likes

I love you too, Gabbie :joy:

1 Like

If you can’t handle criticism then don’t make a thread asking for it. Many people have don’t this and it’s just annoying.

3 Likes

I mean, I like criticism. Honestly. people gave me criticism on my monologue and I appreciated it. I’m fixing it later on.

1 Like

Permanently closed due to violation of the Forum General Rules.