THESE ARE EVERYWHERE (episode cliches)

FALLING FOR A BAD BOY / PLAYER
All the stories I seem to come across these days are girls falling for players who treat them terribly and the guys only begin to notice the girl when she takes off her glasses and buys tight clothes.

POPULAR GIRL
Just a new girl starting at a school that meets a popular girl and becomes popular and is bitchy towards everyone, then falls in love, then goes soft.

FALLING FOR A TEACHER
WHY does episode keep allowing illegal student teacher relationships?!?! Literally pedophilia, but okay!

MOVING IN WITH THE HOT GUY
These stories are so recurring, honestly.

GIRL JOINS A GANG AND FALLS FOR A MURDERER
Okay, he may be hot, but there is no way I would fall for a murderer. OR join a gang, but okay MC!

PREGNANT BY A (TEACHER, VAMPIRE, KILLER, ETC.)
Why woul-

RUTHLESS MARRIAGES
Girl is forced into a ruthless marriage with a evil guy - and GUESS WHAT? She falls in love!

LACK OF DIVERSITY
Most of the time when there is a POC, the POC is rude, sassy, or barely has lines.

CHOICES
I hate when I get asked on a date, and I say no, but the guy/girl persuades me anyway. What’s the point of even putting the choice in?

FANTASY CLICHES
It’s always arranged marriages and the girl runs away and falls in love with a rag-tag guy, or a girl suddenly comes into a new power.

KIDNAPPED BY A GANG
Seriously?

Seriously! Especially because some of these are EPISODE ORIGINAL STORIES and some many glorify abuse, pedophilia and so much more!

7 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: List your issues about epy’s cliches