These days, I just feel like a lot of people are getting excluded on the forums

These days, I just felt like, on the forums, there are many different cliques and friends groups, and people like me are often excluded from the rest. I dunno, it just feels like people like me get excluded wherever they go.

5 Likes

lots of people just don’t always have a connection. i don’t really think people on forums always like to exclude people. i felt like that but it took awhile to find a group i trusted and you’ll meet someone who will make you feel included.

9 Likes

I’m so sorry you feel that way. :frowning: If you ever need to talk i’m always here.

1 Like

That’s sweet, but I was also trying to bring to everyone’s attention that some people do end up feeling like me so it is they that need support.

2 Likes

I agree 100%!! I’m all for close friendships and stuff, but not for excluding people. Knowing a group of people for a while is no excuse for not wanting to meet new people. You didn’t always know the people you’re close to now. You had to get to know them. Everyone should be given a chance. Even if you do have friends you’re closer to. This is just my opinion. :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

I agree wholeheartedly

1 Like

Not really. You just need to find your perfect friend group on here, then you won’t feel like that. I felt like that once I first joined, but slowly, I became very good friends with the people in my friend group today, it just takes time. And now I never feel excluded, I come on the forums everyday just to talk to them.
The same will happen to you, once you find the right people. No one’s purposely excluding people, especially new people. They just need to take their time to get used to this place.

And if you already have a friend group, it’s fine to not want to make new friends with new people, you just might not be comfortable or whatever. That’s how I feel, I don’t really like to make friends with a lot of people because of past events, which is why I like to keep my friend group small and exclusive :slightly_smiling_face:

All happens in good time, dear.

9 Likes

What do you mean by excluded ?

1 Like

What do you mean people like me? :thinking: Have you talked to a lot of people who have felt this way? Also, I’m terribly sorry you feel that way, it’s a gut wrenching feeling and I hate knowing a lot of people feel excluded, this makes me upset, the Forums are a family, we’re all in this together :pleading_face:

And, you have to remember that everyone doesn’t immediately start off friends with people. It takes time, sometimes. Like when I came on the forums, if i’m being honest, i thought i wouldn’t make any friends but i did. It’s natural, it just kind of happens. In the beginning, I really didn’t know many people on the forums but then I got to know more.

I give some advice here:

7 Likes

I think that keeping your friend group small is okay. I totally get that. You don’t have to be friends with everyone, but I think it’s cool to still be open to meeting new people, even if you don’t consider them your friend.

3 Likes

Yeah it is, but it just depends on the person really.

1 Like

Yea, I understand what you’re saying

1 Like

I only have one close friend and many people who talk to me but a lot of the time I myself feel extremely exculded from the community

I don’t know if it’s because my stories have never gotten anywhere and my confidence was so low that I have never actually completed a story or because nobody apart from my best friend ever truly wanted to get to know me

3 Likes

I’m sorry you feel that way. I’m open to making new friends. The more the merrier :grin: Feel free to Pm me if you’d like.

2 Likes

I’m not usually on here because of past abuse and low self esteem

I’m usually on IG it’s mafiastar.episode or duchess_of_sussex

1 Like

@Annasilveroriginal if you’d like, feel free to PM me and we can talk, i just really hate knowing u feel this way, OK :+1:

1 Like

To be honest although I get where you’re coming from, I don’t see it. I don’t really take the forums that seriously on the other hand… but if you’re active on a social platform you’re going to start bonding with people on that platform and then you tend to gravitate towards them. I guess you can say that there are cliques but exclusion…i don’t think so

5 Likes

You will get friends. But you can’t just chill and expect people to come to you. You have to interact and talk to people here on the forums. In the beginning i knew no one but slowly started to make friends with people by interacting with them. Sharing similar experiences and our love for art. I feel you and why you may feel like this but i disagree. Forums may seem like no ones here and excludes you but it really isn’t. I bet if you were to try talking to some people on forums, you will be surprised as theirs so many amazing people on here! :heartbeat:

6 Likes

It’ll be okay.

Please stop, I really don’t want fighting on this tread. I wanted to shine light on people who don’t have lights shone on them in the past!!

This was supposed to bring people together, not tear them apart.

1 Like