Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Reading On Episode

So, I wish I had known a few of things about Episode as a new reader.

#1. I wish there were a date on stories on when they were last updated. Why? Well, then I could have saved passes on stories like Stripped, The Trophy Wife, Attracted To The Nerd, Feening…
(*Not hating on these stories, btw. They are all so good but sigh I want more. :confounded:)
:thinking: What are some other stories that you are just crossing your fingers for an update like tomorrow?
(i.e. The New Girl, etc)

#2. Instead of reading the featured episode stories, buy the Unlimited No Ads Pass or whatever it’s called. When I discovered the community stories, those featured stories got tossed to the side.
(*I did read Love On Fire. I loved it. :smirk:)

#3. Look on Instagram for recommendations! :raised_hands:t5:
Readers sharing screenshots of stories are the real MVPs. Am I right?
Let’s give them a hand. :clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4:
(*use #episoderecommendations or something similar.)

That’s all I can think of now.

Can you add anything else for #newreaders on episode?

:point_right:t5: Please, be polite!
No bashing of stories or authors.
Remember, we all have feelings. Some more sensitive than others.
Plus, I don’t want the snitch patrol to shut down this thread.
coughs community members
(I may have not been polight on that, huh. :smirk:)
Disregard the statement two above.

Please, like, comment and share!
Thank you! :hugs::blue_heart:

13 Likes

That the amount of reads does not determine how good a story is. After reading the crappiest Episode official stories, I started with reading user stories from the trending. At that time I genuinely liked like three of them, but I kept reading everything else since I thought they had millions of reads for a reason. Well, I was wrong.

Since I stopped looking at the numbers, I realized that small authors often have much better stories than the popular ones. I almost deleted the app because of the featured stories and the trending section, but I’m glad I didn’t do that.

32 Likes

I agree so much that now I mostly read complete stories or stories from authors I know that will update at least once a month (I say a month because one of the stories I’m reading update 2 episodes on that day)

This was me 2 years ago :laughing:

4 Likes

But sticking to the theme, I wish I had kept myself away from the Pregnant by something stories, so much time wasted…

I wish I had joined the forums earlier, I don’t have instagram so I find most of my recommendations here.
I wish I had paid more attention to weekly/monthly/hidden gems shelves

7 Likes

Thank you for your input.
I agree with you on the number of reads.
There are many many hidden gems out there with quality better than some on trending. Quality as in the directing, use of overlays, choices, etc.

4 Likes

I wish I joined the forums earlier as well.
Thank you for commenting!
I learned about the forums late but happy to be here now.
I didn’t pay attention to the shelves. I was just clueless there. lol

2 Likes

ooooffffff this why now before I start a story I snoop on the author’s Instagram and see when their last update was :eyes: Just see the date of last update to know whether or not I should start, I don’t follow the author unless I’m caught up to avoid spoilers :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

I agree! I wish I would have known more about community authors in the beginning. I wish I would have found their IG pages long ago. It would have stopped me from reading stories that apparently will never be finished (honestly I think there will only be like 3 authors that completely stopped a story without warning for me) and it would have helped me find amazing stories faster.

I used to assume only stories with a lot of reads had to be good… I was completely wrong.

And adding a last published DATE… that would be the best Episode update EVER.

1 Like

I wish I knew how hard it was to promote your story. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I wish I knew that not all stories lacked diversity. When I started out I almost deleted the app because the first stories I saw were The New Girl, and others that I can’t even remember. Things that were maybe in the top 20 of the trending sections. I didn’t know there was a whole community of people putting out amazing content that deserved to be read millions of times.
Then I found your insta and you introduced me to apart of episode I didn’t even know existed.

5 Likes

things i wish i knew before i started reading on episode
1 - that Community stories exist

9 Likes

Yes!
Thank you for commenting, Star! :hugs::blue_heart:
DIVERSITY is important!
No, not being able to customize, but actual DIVERSITY!
Once I found characters that looked similar to me, it was on! I had to share and post screenshots!
It was like finding gold!
I’m happy you stayed! :hugs::blue_heart:

1 Like

1# Spare myself of reading Chain Reaction.

5 Likes

Good tip! :smile:
I do that now!
Thank you for your feedback! :hugs:

That reading stories that only contain customization is dumb

3 Likes

It sure would! :persevere:
Thank you for yourself feedback! :hugs::blue_heart:

:joy::joy:
I had to read all her stories. :persevere: I was addicted. :unamused::pensive:

1 Like

Right! :persevere: It can be difficult at times!

1 Like

Same :raising_hand_woman:t4: lol

2 Likes

I do too, because when I first started I didn’t realize that a story might be incomplete so I would start reading another one while I waited, only to forget what was going on in which story by the time the updates came out :see_no_evil::joy:

2 Likes