Things in stories that make you NOT want to finish

community

I’ve become absolutely tired of stories that include random pregnancies. Almost every single high school drama story includes a character that gets pregnant without wanting it and it honestly tires me out, especially since it’s often very unnecessary. Don’t add in a pregnancy just to cause drama.
Also, having an MC that does not stand up for herself, who’s just being passive and waits for everybody else to stand up for her … honestly, it can make me quit an entire story. Just today, I was reading a story where the MC got both physically and mentally abused by her fiancée and she didn’t seem to do anything about it. She didn’t tell anyone, she didn’t leave him or move out of their house and that honestly annoys me because I feel like the author is trying to make women come off as weak. I get that in real life some people would actually be too afraid of an abusive lover to actually do something, but there are also tons of people who’d be the exact opposite (myself included) and that’s what I want to see. I want to see women stand up for themselves and not let them be controlled by stupid, abusive husbands.

When stories keep skipping into parts like first Hes there then here and there and it’s so confusing

When the story’s style is Limelight O_O .

For the naming the character thing, I’m alright with that. I just use my name. but I read a story where it literally wanted you to name everything. the city you live in, the city you move to, your best friends name like calm down that just shows you’re not creative enough to make your own names

Stories that take too long to get to the main point. I read one story I got to chapter 31 and we still didn’t reach the main point :roll_eyes: I just stopped reading it.

I quit when an imbalanced gem choice pops up. (Like, in Vampire’s Kiss, you have to pay gems in order to keep your boyfriend (the non-gem choice is to break up with him for plot reasons). I hate that choice in particular, because he’s the only love interest in the story.)

I would probably quit on bad grammar/spelling, but you can usually guess by the description in my experience. As a personal taste thing, I also auto-quit when I see a mature content screen (if I couldn’t guess from the description).

Almost every story has a mature content screen. Usually authors who don’t have stories that are that mature put it there just in case readers may think a scene is mature or something. Mature has different meanings to different people too.

The subjectiveness of “mature content” is true, although in my experience, most stories I open don’t have that screen. Maybe it’s because I’m a pretty picky reader anyway, and don’t open stories that are focused more on a relationship than an outside plot.

I hate stories that have like sex on every single scene! It’s getting annoying and repetitive.

31?!
This is one of the things that would make me stop reading too, but I definitely wouldn’t get to episode 31 lol
Five maybe :rofl:

:rofl::rofl: I kept stopping and removing the story, In hopes of it finally get to the main point and it didn’t. What made it worst was that the story kind of dragged along (the conversations were always so dragged out). I just checked again made sure it was 31 where I left off and it was actually 39 :joy:.

Wow I would hate that so much. I admire the fact that you actually continued to read it for so long, you deserve a medal :joy:

Sorry for advertising

I personally love INK style. It gives it a gaming feel… with the limelight i feel like there is not nearly as many customizable choices and its weird having people look more… realistic. Kinda creeps me out lol.

Advertising?

Im hispanic and pretty white but please… Dominicans are hispanic and they are really dark! Zoe Saldana is dominican. Just saying… shame on that author.

Omg. I read one where you were pregnant by your uncle. Your dad died and you didnt know he was your uncle until your mom says something and then your dead dad shows up and is like, “why are you pregnant by your uncle?” I couldnt do it anymore. That was all in like…the first two episodes.

Preach to that, I agree. Women with that kind of characteristics put me off when reading the stories. The weak ones are not the type of people to look up to as a character. Because they think it’s more popular to see a submissive female character that a strong one. The authors of their stories could of at least added up a strong trait to the character instead of putting her down as i-need-a-man-in-my-life type of girl.

But no they do not need that because it makes the story less interesting than their generic toxic love stories. Another thing I loathe is the concept of pregnancy stories that associated the estrange father that is either a gang leader, serial killer, teacher and abusive fiance/husband. I just don’t understand why these situations should be added for drama effect or not

it really makes me mad when
~a story is offensive to some people
~the story is for example 49 chapters long and focuses on the little details throughout the story but the end is like 1 chapter. While it could have a really good ending.
~ mc leaves their partner for literally NO REASON AT ALL then again they come back then leave then
come back (that happens a lot)
~ the nerd suddenly becomes popular
~the author tries to make you think the mc died in episode 5 when the story is 26 chapters long and you know that’s impossible
~ mc becomes as bad as the people that tried to destroy them
~ mc pushes everyone away
~ the story has NO CHOICES except for i’m gonna eat pizza or cupcakes/i’m gonna read or sleep
~you had a bunch of love interests throughout the whole story but at the end you can’t decide who to choose
~the author makes you wait three months for the next episode and you have already forgot the plot of the story(i know it’s not easy to publish often but bro really?waiting for three months?)
~ the episodes are either 3 or 45 minutes long

When I was five I wrote a play about death!