Things in stories that make you NOT want to finish

Bro I know, I’m a nerd. I fangirl over the emo trinity, 80/90/2000’s music, Marvel and HP 24/7.
But I dress like a “girly girl”.
I wear bright colours, patterns, blouses, off the shoulder tops, crop tops in some cases, dresses, strappy sandals, heeled shoes, I love styling my hair, earrings 24/7, always wear jewelry on my wrists, I love necklaces,

8 Likes

If only there were more main characters that need glasses, not the cliche nerd mc who wears glasses she doesn’t even need and can see just fine when she “transforms” into the stupid popular makeover girl, when she doesn’t have glasses.

9 Likes

This is possibly the best post ever on any forum.

4 Likes

That was awesome. Really. However, when I think of a main character with the traits you mentioned, I imagine her having fawn hair and wear less provocative clothes:)

3 Likes

In almost all the bad boy stories I’ve read, the main character wears stuff like that. Which is really annoying to me.

6 Likes

I don’t know how they weren’t violating the dress code.

2 Likes

Strange to me, how is she all shy and innocent then🤔

2 Likes

It makes no sense, but bad boy stories rarely make much sense anyway. I just remember struggling to choose an outfit for the main character that wasn’t super showy.

I absolutely hate these types of stories

• Where the girl is CANNOT stand up for herself
  • When the mean girl is the ex-best friend
  • When the mean girl LITERALLY HAS A BOYFRIEND BUT STILL WANTS THE MC’S MAN
  • The mean girl ALWAYS has blonde beach wave hair and blue eyes and wears the Pink Fashionista Dress 100% of the time
  • When the “bad boy” says ‘I can’t fall for her, I’ll hurt her’ WHY!? JUST WHY?
  • Unplanned pregnancy
  • Tragic past
  • When the MC has some huge secret that only the mean girl knows
  • When they go from nerd to popular
  • AND THIS IS MY MOST HATED TURN OF EVER WHEN THE GUY SAYS “THERE’S SOMETHING DIFFERENT ABOUT HER” LIkE nO AcE YoU’Re JuST HOrnY

And can we talk about the detailed sex scenes? Episode is directed towards KIDS.

29 Likes

Having to play as a straight woman.

9 Likes

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

You have officially killed me. XDXD Such beauty

8 Likes

Perfect!

1 Like

Screaming

Love it! :joy::joy:

10 Likes

The tragic past bullcrap, like go cry in a corner your parents died, suck it up.

8 Likes
  • When the MC and LI play the repeated break up/back together game …
  • When you think you have a choice for a different LI but NOPE just a plot thing, you go back to the lame LI.
16 Likes

Okay, this is sort of one of my biggest pet peeves. Don’t dangle a second love interest in front of me and then make me get back together with the other one! Just make a second ending, dang it!!!

14 Likes
  • if the story is too predictable/cliche
  • if the MC is a bully or cheating in a relationship
  • if language rules don’t apply to the text
  • if it’s a romance story and nothing really happens between the MC and LI yet they make out in the second epi or the second/third meeting
  • when the MC doesn’t make up her mind to be with the LI yet sees him at the same time (like she decides she’s going to keep the relationship with her boss strictly professional yet every time he gets close she loses herself with no respect to her own decision, then she gets contemplates his feelings, why he did that to her – just make up your mind! Or when she sees two people at the same time for a long time without choosing and giving both hope they end with her)
  • when MC loves LI but decides to leave him without having a good reason to do that
  • if the LI is completely rude to the MC yet she’s supposed to fall in love with him
  • fantasy stories: the plot is finding out that the LI is actually a vampire/werewolf - I’m shocked :open_mouth:
10 Likes

Are there certain things in stories, even stories that you love, that will make you not want to finish it and remove it from your recommended list?

I want a story where there’s a lot of thrill, when you first read it you’ll be curious about the story. I want a story where you’ll feel that your in the story not just a complete reader of someone’s story.

Are there certain things when you first start a story or read about that will make you shy away from even giving the story a chance?

I prefer stories that use advanced direction because it makes the story look like a TV show and it makes readers don’t want to quit on reading it not just plain dialogue, emotions, pans, animation. When you use an advance direction it gives emphasis, emotion and suspence.

4 Likes

What’s the story? I’m hella curious now lmaooo