Things that turn you away from stories

What things turn you away from stories?
Here are mine:

• If the title or description has the words “Gang” or “Mafia” in it

• If the pacing is either too fast or too slow

• The author shows up at the beginning of the story, or at the end to say something

• When the directing has a lot of errors

• Racist stereotypes

• DUMB MCS!!!

• Student teacher relationships

• Descriptions or titles have the words “Bad boy” in it
    And a lot more that I can’t think of right now

22 Likes

When the first episode is only customization, ugh I hate that!

21 Likes

Omg same.

Same, there’s only one story I continued, and it turned out to be amazing. But otherwise, I never read a story like that again.

2 Likes

I loathe stories where

• They promote rape

• When they make it seem like self harm and suicide is ok

• When the author just throws in a impossible pregnancy

• When the character are shallow and annoying

• Where the series is everything i said above jumbled into one massive stupid crappy mess
    There’s more but these are my biggest ones

18 Likes

ikr :eyes:

1 Like

I am a reader and an author… I definitely stop reading a story:

• If the story has a lot of black screens (I don’t know why, but I wanna read a story with animations and backgrounds, not a story with only black screens and a few words… )
  • The author may be in the story (to be honest) but not too much… (Not half of the telling-time in an episode and not in every episode…);
  • When there is a mean girl in it, that likes to see the MC getting hurt (starts to get boring to me…);
  • When it’s a story that supports racism against cultures or the lgbtqPLUS-sector;
  • When it’s a story that glorifies violence or toxic relationships;
  • I don’t mind reading a story with spelling errors (I am not a native English speaker, too…), but please not to many spelling errors in the story (that’s annoys the sh* out of me… :smiling_imp: )
  • Last but not least → lack of directing (I am not saying that I am the best in directing… But I learned after lot of test-writing), especially bad layer-directing (like people kissing in the air instead of each other :woman_facepalming: :clown_face:)

And if I missed something I let you know… :wink: :clown_face:

Love A-W

16 Likes

I’ve stated in many threads on what I hate, so I’ll only state my top 5:

• Long, awkward scenes where the MC and LI just do the idle_armscrossed_neutral_loop at each other (many romance stories do this)
  • Teen pregnancy stories
  • Mafia/Gang bullsh*t
  • Sexualizing teenagers cough cough Viola M
  • Bad. Boys. I’m tired of them! :angry:
15 Likes

i agree with all of them except the 3rd one because sometimes they actually have something important to say, buttt if it ain’t something important yeah its annoying .

4 Likes

Sometimes for me the advanced directing can be really annoying and having them shift from one zone to another gives me a headache, a better way to put it is when the transitioning is not smooth

Also when there is a plot that goes really fast like oh, you meet the characters and they fall in love and have kids in like the first few episodes :woman_facepalming: I actually read some of a story where this happened

Stereotypes on a gender, race, orientation, or culture

Kidnapping. :expressionless:

11 Likes

KIDNAPPING NEEDS TO STOP BEING GLAMORIZED IT AINT CUTEEEE :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

14 Likes

Oh… The first one is bad… I should really avoid a story like that, too…

Oh yeah → speech bubbles when the lips are not moving… (Like the author isn’t careful enough about choosing an animation fit for the text… :woman_facepalming: )

10 Likes

Another one: Teacher Student romances…

15 Likes

Not gonna lie, i used to do this with my old stories back in 2016 :sob: But now it’s like my biggest pet peeves lmfao

5 Likes

Same tho, but I never uploaded those storied :sob:

4 Likes

When you’ve to customize the MC, the LI, the MC’s mom, MC’s dad, MC’s sibling/s, MC’s best friend, MC’s second best friend, LI’s mom, LI’s dad, LI’s sibling/s, LI’s best friend in the first chapter at the beginning and you can’t skip any of it.

19 Likes

dude I hate that-

5 Likes

ugh thats so annoying i just keep them as they are

3 Likes

another 1 is when you pick that you like girls but they keep misgendering your love interest.

16 Likes

Like whats the point in giving me the choice if you’re just gonna forget to change the coding-

2 Likes