Other than the usual “no obvious mistakes in the published episode”…
- Zooms that make conversation scenes a little more dynamic (includes over-the-shoulder scenes)
- Spots rather than default screen positions
- Overlays that contribute to the plot and reduce the need for narration (eg. arm and hand overlays)
- Using zooms to make good use of the animations (from simple ones like zooming on the character’s top half so they can use standing talk animations while they’re supposed to be sitting, or more complex tricks like zooming in on a fist and pretending it’s a subtle fist-clench, etc)
- Finding/making overlays and backgrounds that are relevant for the scene rather than just using defaults or narration, even if the art isn’t 12/10, as long as I can easily figure out what’s happening
Maybe I’ll add more if I think of them lol.