Things you hate while reading episode stories?

That whole

Im so badazz that ill demean ppl and say its sarcasm and complain or beat up anyone cuz I dont need no man archtype that ppl love so much. Or what ppl call "sassy":roll_eyes: hates dresses hates when ppl basically exist or help her in an unrealistic way(her being cruel when lets say someone holds a door open whining how shes so strong and to abolish the stertotype that women cant do anything. When all the man did was be nice pft)
Shes a pick me girl basically.(a mary sue. The imitation of strength as opposed to true strength)

2 Likes

Me too. Makes my read least even shorter pfft

I’ve never ran into that before on episode.

1 Like

-Limited to no CC. If the authors putting their story out there for anyone and everyone to read I feel like it’s only fair to let us play with our desired character.

-Gem choices on unofficial episode stories. I hate when community authors make us pay to change our hairstyle or get better outfits or for better choices… like cmon now this isn’t an episode official story.

-Waiting to read the next few chapters or pay gems. Cmon, this is self explanatory.

-MAFIA STORIES. My god there are just too many of them on this app it gets repetitive and boring, y’all can come up with better ideas.

-Too many Love interests. It’s overwhelming, no point in it.

-Trying to hard with the bad boy character, weather he’s in the mafia or not. A good example of this is in the story “My Sweet Mistake” by author_little_moon. The MC is too self centered thinking that he controls everyone and that everyone should obey him, don’t get me wrong it’s a great story but I can’t help but cringe because of how hard the author tried to make him seem bad. No hate tho.

-Werewolf stories. Now this is not something i dislike I love supernatural stories, but lately i’ve been seeing more and more it gets repetitive blah blah blah the wolf finds his/her mate whatever, mostly all the same. Maybe we should add some more vampire stories instead to spice things up? Like a MC vampire?

1 Like

It is their story though. They get to decide if they want CC or not.

4 Likes

I know that. But i’m saying each person always has a different experience reading, yeah it’s not the biggest problem in the world but think about it, if you wanna put your story out there you want everyone to have their own good experience reading.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t entirely disagree with you since I have an option for CC in my story :smile: but I still like to envision what my main character looks like while still giving readers the option to change what the character looks like if they’d like to. This might be a bit off-topic but some stories that don’t have CC are still amazing, it mostly depends on the writing really.

2 Likes

I agree with you i don’t think no cc automatically makes it a bad story, there’s tons of great stories with no cc but yk it would still be good for each person to experience it in their own way

2 Likes

Agree. I strictly read full CC makes hard ti find stories. I wanna see myself for once

1 Like

I disagree with this one, but I do see where you’re coming from to an extent. usually no CC or limited CC is for story purposes and because the appearances of the characters are important to the story e.g. art scenes or the race of the character is important to the plot, or they want to experiment with advanced directing with overlays which is close to impossible with so many options for customisation.

I get the want to customise, but there are plenty of stories with full CC, the author doesn’t really owe anybody customisation of their characters. I add customisation for my characters personally because their race/heritage isn’t super important. For others though, it could be different. It’s their characters and their story, after all. Also, you’re not really playing as “you” in any story necessarily, it’s a character that has his/her/their own beliefs, which may not match up to you. It’s pretty much just the character’s looks that change, which to me doesn’t change my enjoyment of the story.

To prefer CC is totally fine but I feel like saying “it’s only fair” for authors to add CC is a bit of a reach imo. Sorry for the rant, btw, haha.

The reason for this is that it’s pretty much impossible for your story to be seen and trend if there are no gems, and it’s also a necessity to get into the writer’s payment program, you need a certain amount within a certain amount of time. As annoying as it is, that’s how episode works these days. The more gems are spent, the more reads you’ll get, and the closer you are to getting paid. For me, I just add a “support the author” choice at the end of my episodes, because I don’t want to pressure people, but unfortunately this sometimes doesn’t do much for my trending rank.

11 Likes

Uh oh. :eyes: Lol

I do the same as well! I don’t wanna force people to pay to read my story.

3 Likes

I had no idea about the gem choices lol that’s my fault i guess, but my opinion on cc still sands :cat_shocked:

2 Likes

At the end of the day, your main character doesn’t change while you’re previewing, so what others change it to shouldn’t make a difference. I understand screenshots and that, and don’t change the skin colour or something, but I don’t see why the cc is a problem for most authors

i’d say if you use limb overlays in your story and suddenly the color of the arm is a different skin tone than the character on screen it completely takes you out of a story :joy: the same goes for art scenes etc. if there are people out there who wouldn’t mind things like that because CC is just that important to them, that’s fine. but imo that’s a reader preference and you should look for a story that better suits your needs or write your own, rather than tell other people how they should write theirs.

1 Like

Yeah! That’s why I say mildly limited CC or a warning telling readers that overlays won’t match. I haven’t used limb overlays in my story yet, but it will be, so I didn’t allow the readers to change the skin colour

1 Like

ah yeah that’s totally valid! just the thread you reacted to was shaming authors who wouldn’t add CC to their story cause they owe it to their readers which i completely disagree with. i meant to respond to that more particularily (mb). i find it rude even, like telling an artist how to draw and do their work. consciously not reading stories that don’t include CC is all up to you, everyone has their own tastes and preferences. not understanding why they wouldn’t is fine too. but it’d be nice if authors didn’t get attacked for every little thing wrong with their stories (unless asked for feedback ofc) and just let them do their thing. no one is forcing anyone to read. i agree that adding warnings or limited CC are great solutions and midways but trust me people will still find something to complain lmao, coming from someone who’s been on Episode since 2015 :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

don’t all Episode Originals include full customization?

Yeah but they are all absolutely terrible too. I wanna read community stories not episode ones

2 Likes

can’t have it all man

2 Likes

So why bother asking me🙄