Things you should know when writing about Canadians!

You should have said, I will spell it favorite when you educate yourself on countries that are not your own. I am British and I also spell it that way. It looks wrong otherwise. American spellings p*ss me off so much because I already have a hard time spelling as it is but then to have to correct my spelling so the spell checker doesn’t try to correct me.

7 Likes

Agreed. Even in my story I hate when I have to proofread and be like,
Sh1t it’s color not colour.
I’m just trying to avoid drama at all costs. It would be nice though if The US could be a little more educated about it.

4 Likes

Wow, I didn’t know that Hickory Sticks were a Canadian thing. They’re so delicious! Y’all are missing out lol

2 Likes

I just googled poutine and it seems like such a USA dish. gravy AND cheese? on FRIES?

2 Likes

OMG!!! WHAT?!
Okay sorry if I go off about this but this is my biggest pet peeve!
A poutine is a DELICATE dish made of gravy, squeaky cheese and fries. IT WAS ORIGINALLY MADE IT CANADA, QUEBEC! PERIOD!
Usa calls it “Cheese, Gravy and Fries” but no it is a Canadian Poutine, the word poutine is also french not to mention!

2 Likes

They are THE best! But sometimes they can be very dangerous, they cut the roof of my mouth once!

1 Like

WOW!!! 16, really? I had no clue! I live in Toronto and I thought it was 18 LMAO

2 Likes

Bruh, I love British people! Your accents are legit the best!

1 Like

Those sound really good.

2 Likes

Oh ya! I sent my story for a review and they blasted it for all the “spelling mistakes”.

1 Like

NNFLLFQ SAME I LIVE IN TORONTO. But i just had class earlier and we were talking laws and yeah 16 is the age of consent.

That’s so annoying, I don’t think that people realize that spelling is different in some countrys.

1 Like

Hmmm. Marijuana is legal.
A woman can go topless in Ontario. (maybe other provinces?)

Lol. I currently have ketchup chips, Montreal bagels, and maple syrup in the cupboard.

1 Like

In the USA it’s just called Smarties :relaxed:

1 Like

What are smarties for you then?

just called smarties :joy:

1 Like

I didn’t ask what they were called, I asked what they are, like are they chocolate?

1 Like

This is our smarties

4 Likes

oh no

These are our smarties

2 Likes